Border War Back On

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Border War Back On

Post by pdub »

Trustee wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:02 am I’m not dead set against it or anything but the rivalry is asymmetrical beyond the W-L. They’re better off playing us and we’re better off playing someone else.

And as exciting and emotionally charged as that matchup was, my enjoyment of KU basketball was not at all diminished by not playing them.
What the orange ball said.
Except I'm closer to dead set against it than he/she/it is.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A nuance that was fleshed out on 810 this morning:

The 2020 game at Sprint will be a Home game for Kansas. The 2025 game will be a home game for Mizzou.

Have to think that the annual December Sprint game against "insert Crap Team A here" will not happen in 2020.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We gotta play four road games.
Sprint Center is in Missouri.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:48 am
Trustee wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:02 am I’m not dead set against it or anything but the rivalry is asymmetrical beyond the W-L. They’re better off playing us and we’re better off playing someone else.

And as exciting and emotionally charged as that matchup was, my enjoyment of KU basketball was not at all diminished by not playing them.
Is Kansas better off playing Nebraska, Colorado and Stanford? I sometimes forget that we scheduled some games with those powerhouses that help Kansas get better. Please....
The Home and Home Nebraska series made KU's position look very weak on not playing Mizzou.

Colorado really felt like throwing a bone to residents of western Kansas.

I absolutely understand having a home-and-home series with Stanford. Maybe even more so than Mizzou that includes Columbia games.

I don't understand at all doing anything to jeopardize playing Kentucky every season.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Exactly. The other series with former Big 12 members just made KU look more petty and weak.

But I think Kansas always tries to set up their schedule to where they have 4-5 really big games in non-con. I don't think this series has much of any effect on whether or not KU and Kentucky can get a series. I think KU and Kentucky are avoiding creating a series in hopes that ESPN pairs them up in the SEC/Big 12 challenge (That seems to be fading every year) Once that challenge stops, I think KU and Kentucky will match up quite frequently.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

These are going to be played in the giant glass doughnut? If ya gonna do it, do it. Lawrence and wherever messourah is.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:49 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:30 pm
Leawood wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 pm I don’t like this.
Me too. Fuck 'em.
What they said.
y’all got room in this boat?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

"The wheat is from Kansas and the molasses is from Missouri"
"We'll do without the molasses. Everything from Missouri has a taint about it and treading lightly is not my way. We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers and proud of it!"
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Not a fan at all. Will watch of course, but had/have no desire to deal with them again. Should have left the series with MU forever blowing a huge lead in AFH.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The right amount of time has passed. Now let’s get it going.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

I think some Kansas fans vastly overstate how much of a "favor" we are doing Mizzou.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

This rivalry is fun for the kids. Fun for the students. Fun for the alumni. Fun for the phans. That is all that matters.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Hope CB McGrath and his 8 schollies are ready when Mizzou comes to LFK in 2 years.

Don't really care one way or another about this. Doesn't impact my life one iota. However how sweet would it be to be Mizzou or Nebraska these days? In a real conference and get games against Kansas in bball. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

All that other overthinking it bullshit is just bullshit.

Sometimes it’s okay to do stuff just cause it’s fun.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It gives them relevance they don't need or deserve.
It's a loose loose for us in everything beyond fun for the phans ( which I don't discredit ).
But i'd rather have fun playing a top 25 team like Maryland, Oregon or the Zags then I would having fun vs a shit team like mizzou who has everything to gain ( it will be their superbowl ).
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I am totally content with my conference.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Saying you would rather play gonzaga than misery is the definition of weak sister.
noosh

Post by noosh »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:31 am Saying you would rather play gonzaga than misery is the definition of weak sister.
False
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

huh? The Zags are a real team. messourah, not so much.
Defense. Rebounds.
noosh

Post by noosh »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 am It gives them relevance they don't need or deserve.
It's a loose loose for us in everything beyond fun for the phans ( which I don't discredit ).
But i'd rather have fun playing a top 25 team like Maryland, Oregon or the Zags then I would having fun vs a shit team like mizzou who has everything to gain ( it will be their superbowl ).
Agree with playing marquee national brands, but to say this is Mizzou's superbowl seems to be a bit excessive. They're in a great league with teams with far greater historical significance than us and common era success.