Border War Back On

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Border War Back On

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:29 am Yeah I'm pretty sure if the Big 10 had come calling we would have jumped at the opportunity. Nebraska was the first to take a dump on the Big 12, after that it became a fire sale, everyone looking out for themselves.
Again, Nebraska didn't think about leaving until Mizzou threatened to. The Big 12 was fine.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If they asked me if I wanted to see KU play Mizzou again, I would have voted "No". Since they didnt and it is now on the schedule, I will go back to looking forward to KU crushing Mizzou fans delusional dreams for the next 6 seasons.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It’s 2019. And the BIG 12 is fine.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, I'm absolutely going to watch, as I watch 96% of all the Kansas basketball minutes played, but I'd much prefer this not to be happening.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

Hell yeah, I’ll be watching. I just hope Cuonzo or whoever is coaching has a good team.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Trustee wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41 am Hell yeah, I’ll be watching. I just hope Cuonzo or whoever is coaching has a good team.
My $$ is on CB McGrath for us.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

Congrats on 13 months. Only on a pdub site.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Longest running poster on DOTCOM + DOTNET right here bro
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

For sure there is a chance HCBS will not be at KU when the first game rolls around.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Here we go again...
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Trustee wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:45 am Congrats on 13 months. Only on a pdub site.
He's getting mighty close to gone.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I haven't gone back to read all 99 previous posts. I'm in favor of the game(s). They are fun. They make college basketball more fun.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

Alright. Put fish down in the ‘not afraid to lose to MU’ category. What’s the tally?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't know if my vote counts because I don't live in the KC Metro.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Hey dude, didn’t anybody tell you. It’s 2019, college athletics ain’t about fun no more.

There is no place for fun.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

I thought you were leaving?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Is playing Misery ACTUALLY fun?

This did nothing for me, doesn't move the needle.

I guess it's better than having a four game series with North Dakota State, but it'd be so much better to set something like this up with someone better, Ohio State, or Arizona, or someone like that.

Only positive I see is that hopefully in the SC years, we don't play our usual bullshit game.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I'm against anything that provides excitement to the University of Missouri and any of it's sports programs.
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:47 pm Is playing Misery ACTUALLY fun?

I guess it's better than having a four game series with North Dakota State, but it'd be so much better to set something like this up with someone better, Ohio State, or Arizona, or someone like that.

Only positive I see is that hopefully in the SC years, we don't play our usual bullshit game.
It's fun when we win.

...and it doesn't mean we can't have a series with Ohio State or Arizona. We can drop a cupcake game.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:03 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:47 pm Is playing Misery ACTUALLY fun?

It's fun when we win.

...and it doesn't mean we can't have a series with Ohio State or Arizona. We can drop a cupcake game.
Come on Illini! Win or lose, playing Missouri was never fun. Didn't do anything for any KU fan.
Remember February 25th 2012? That game didn't mean anything to anybody. Nor did any of the other games KU and Missouri played against each other.
OH, yeah - that's right! Now that they are no longer in our conference the games will be meaningless and will suck. Nevermind.

As far as KU still being able to play a series against OSU and/or Arizona (or someone else that's above average quality) you're right but just don't tell anyone else it's possible. They will tell you it's not.