Kids

Coffee talk.
DrPepper

Re: Kids

Post by DrPepper »

colbond wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:19 pm Been an interesting thread to follow since we're due in about 5 weeks with our first. We both have older siblings without kids, so this dude is probably going to be wildly spoiled.
I hope all is well. Any good news to share?
colbond

Post by colbond »

Born 10/18, 7 lb 13 oz. We spent a week getting basically zero sleep, and now he's starting to get into a routine I think.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

A fine looking Jayhawk. Congrats.
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Awesome! Congratulations!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Yay!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They’re really cool and awesome. Until they’ve spent around at least the last 12 hours throwing up everything they’ve eaten and drank.

That’s when kids are not cool and awesome.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well they shouldn’t make a mess of too much, as long as you don’t let them out of their kennels..
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:24 am They’re really cool and awesome. Until they’ve spent around at least the last 12 hours throwing up everything they’ve eaten and drank.

This is the part where Mich bursts in and says “If you don’t want to clean up after kids, don’t have them, you piece of sh*t!”
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:24 am They’re really cool and awesome. Until they’ve spent around at least the last 12 hours throwing up everything they’ve eaten and drank.

Been there. No fun. Nothing worse than seeing your kid sick. Hopefully, they're better soon.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:10 am

Been there. No fun. Nothing worse than seeing your kid sick. Hopefully, they're better soon.
Thanks we're getting there. First one sick Thanksgiving night, next kid sick Saturday night and into Sunday morning and next kid sick this am before school. Gotta love when the sickness just passes from one to the next.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hope your kids get well soon. Sorry I made a goof the first time around.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I ran into a friend who recently had a kid. He went on some pity party rant about how I should feel bad for him cuz he’s constantly changing dirty diapers. Clearly this guy hasn’t been taking advice from michhawk.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:20 pm I ran into a friend who recently had a kid. He went on some pity party rant about how I should feel bad for him cuz he’s constantly changing dirty diapers. Clearly this guy hasn’t been taking advice from michhawk.
Well, that's something that gets worse, not better, until it's resolved.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This is the same guy who will throw a tantrum any day he doesn’t get assigned to guide a fishing trip and accuse management of “prohibiting him from making a living for his family,” but then spends the other 9 months of the year complaining about diapers and playing online poker.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:19 pm Hope your kids get well soon. Sorry I made a goof the first time around.
You're good. Didn't even notice.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, the reason you didn’t even notice is cuz you left them in their kennels...nm
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i think edison actually invented a “cage” for kids where you could control temperature and humidity to regulate sleep patterns (among other things)
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 pm i think edison actually invented a “cage” for kids where you could control temperature and humidity to regulate sleep patterns (among other things)
That was B.F. Skinner, actually. It was a larger version of the one he used to train rats, only for human babies. He believed that a machine could do a better job of raising kids than humans. He actually put his own daughter in the prototype to demonstrate, but admitted failure after a short time. I’m sure Mrs. Skinner had a great deal to do with that conclusion.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am
jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks we're getting there. First one sick Thanksgiving night, next kid sick Saturday night and into Sunday morning and next kid sick this am before school. Gotta love when the sickness just passes from one to the next.
And now wife last night! Great times in the Newton household.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Get a hotel, but it's probably too late.
Defense. Rebounds.