Modern feminism thread

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: Modern feminism thread

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:15 pm
seahawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:01 pm Illinois,
Tl;dr

So yeah, call me names and curse at me and tell me I'm the one "lashing out," Illinois. That kind of pettiness is not really something I have time for right now. Goodby.
You've told us your story several times now. It's not going to excuse you trying to say I'm a misogynist over and over again when I'm not.
That's sort of the point, isn't it, Illinois? I've told MY story and you jumped right on that and are still ranting at me what 5, 6 posts in because I dared to say that my feminism comes from being a KU woman. That doesn't even seem misogynist, just nuts.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

seahawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:40 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:15 pm
seahawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:01 pm Illinois,
Tl;dr

So yeah, call me names and curse at me and tell me I'm the one "lashing out," Illinois. That kind of pettiness is not really something I have time for right now. Goodby.
You've told us your story several times now. It's not going to excuse you trying to say I'm a misogynist over and over again when I'm not.
That's sort of the point, isn't it, Illinois? I've told MY story and you jumped right on that and are still ranting at me what 5, 6 posts in because I dared to say that my feminism comes from being a KU woman. That doesn't even seem misogynist, just nuts.

Are you drunk?

I'm at your head because you said I fabricated an entire story about a woman I worked with yesterday...and you accused me of that because YOU didn't like her views....YOU also tried to discount her views by saying she must have said them because she was somehow intimidated by my views (which she didn't know) or was telling me what she thought I wanted to hear (which she didn't know) so that she could advance her career (which I can't help her with, she works in a bank with 2 total employees, there is nowhere to go).
Deleted User 75

Sounds pretty anti woman to treat a woman you've never met that poorly. And say disgusting things about her and make accusations you're completely ignorant on because you don't agree with her views on life and women.

Isn't the whole point of feminism so that women can do think and say how they truly feel? Seems like you're only supportive of women of they share your core beliefs and views....that's pretty sad.

I didn't even read your post about KU feminism because I don't give a shit about what you say. Not because you're a woman, but because you're fucking rude.

You also helped chase off hawklin and that sucks, because this board is mainly for basketball and sports talk and you're just here for politics.
Deleted User 75

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am Sounds pretty anti woman to treat a woman you've never met that poorly. And say disgusting things about her and make accusations you're completely ignorant on because you don't agree with her views on life and women.

Isn't the whole point of feminism so that women can do think and say how they truly feel? Seems like you're only supportive of women of they share your core beliefs and views....that's pretty sad.

I didn't even read your post about KU feminism because I don't give a shit about what you say. Not because you're a woman, but because you're fucking rude.

You also helped chase off hawklin and that sucks, because this board is mainly for basketball and sports talk and you're just here for politics.
Don't let her pull you down to her level. It doesn't matter what you say, she is going to come back with a vitriolic screed that doesn't address your previous post other than to scream "I'm unhappy and I need someone to take it out on." The Ignore feature is there for a reason. Use it.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

It's pretty nuts to keep insisting that I was rude to a fantasy woman on the internet, Illinois.

If you ever are called to court, avoid it, as you're a terrible liar. You said that you hadn't singled me out about posts on politics and yet, here you are, directly contradicting that. BTW, I read the football forums on .com back when there were about 3 posters who talked there and sometimes a month went by when there no posts at all. Also joined the Slant.com, where the discussion was somewhat higher about football than whatever you would have to say. And I read everything that Leawood said about football on .net.

Also, if you curse in court because you're full of righteous white male anger, it doesn't go down very well. And as for KU feminism, unlike your fantasy woman, Sara Robinson was a real person.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Seagull is super tolerant of conservative women with views different than hers apparently. Yikes. She's what a lot of women find super promlematic with a lot of feminists. Especially privileged white feminists.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:16 pm
lobster wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:26 pm You agreed with psych's ugly post.
There's a lot of truth in what he wrote. I too don't understand why so many western women decide to chop off all their hair and try to act masculine/aggressive. It it sounds harsh, it's because there's some truth to it. The line between men and women has been blurred too much and I don't think it's helping society very much as a whole. Men are confused about their role and women think they know their role as feminist warrior until they are 37 and realize they badly want a child but there are no decent men who want them. I want both sexes to have as much happiness as possible, but you have to be honest about reality as a first step to achieving that. If we continue to not challenge these things that are scientifically proving to cause unhappiness (a high number of women in their 30's and 40's are on anxiety drugs or anti-depressants), this problem will only get worse. I know, I'll be seen as a misogynist by the non-thinkers, but maybe someone on here will recognize what I'm getting at.
And Lobster earns my first "JFC."
Congratulations.
It's a daily thing with me.

I just don't bother any more.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Yet you seem to follow me around. Lobster is right on all his points.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Just trying to defend free speech on this board. Someone has to take a stand against your attempts at censoring others.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

This is just harassment now. I'll be PMing pDub on this.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

#snowflake
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

imzcount wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:22 pm This is just harassment now. I'll be PMing pDub on this.
Try all you want, but I will defend my right to post on this board. You cannot censor me!
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Good one. Chiknbut replies to me about Lobs. But Count jumps in to say that Chiknbut is stalking him on the boards. Further he wants to plead that he is a victim of harassment on the Politics Bored. How fast can pDub point out the ignore function?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Count can't help it. I'm so deep in his head he has to try and get me banned.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

If what I wrote was so shocking, it's a sign that some of you need to a little more research on how men really feel about women these days. Just google why men are looking abroad for wives in places like South America. I don't see anything "shocking" with stating that I have always wanted a feminine woman who doesn't act like a man and who keeps her hair. I don't apologize for wanting that.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

People can't just help that women and men are different. Don't worry about it Lobster.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

imzcount wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 pm People can't just help that women and men are different. Don't worry about it Lobster.
Hawklin, is that you?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 am Seagull is super tolerant of conservative women with views different than hers apparently. Yikes. She's what a lot of women find super promlematic with a lot of feminists. Especially privileged white feminists.
Calling me something other than what I've designated as my screen name continues to demonstrate just how deep your level of misogynism is.

And again, you're telling me what you, Illinois, have decided that conservative women must think about me, not what actual women with whom I have relationships think. Again, just ultra, ultra misogyny.
Don't inject Lysol.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:22 pm If what I wrote was so shocking, it's a sign that some of you need to a little more research on how men really feel about women these days. Just google why men are looking abroad for wives in places like South America. I don't see anything "shocking" with stating that I have always wanted a feminine woman who doesn't act like a man and who keeps her hair. I don't apologize for wanting that.
There's nothing wrong with finding women who stay thin and keep their hair attractive. There's nothing wrong with women wanting to look like the receptionist in Monsters, Inc. Where it goes wrong is when women get angry at men for not finding fat, short-haired, perpetually upset women attractive and call them misogynists for finding attractive what evolution has taught men to find attractive.

But that's mean, so it shouldn't be said out loud.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain