GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

Re: F the NCAA

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Penny helped family move from nashville to memphis, and since he donated to memphis in the early 2000s, is declared a booster

doesn’t seem that far of a move...at least not so far that one would need assistance
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NCAA totally would have looked the other way had Wiseman ended up at Duke or Kentucky.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Just ridiculous. Fuck the NCAA. Would rather watch college hoops become worse. God save the rules!
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Does this have any implications on how the NCAA might rule on Gassnola as a booster?
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:13 pm NCAA totally would have looked the other way had Wiseman ended up at Duke or Kentucky.
Penny coached him in high school so he may have been eligible anywhere else. Who knows though.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:05 pm Penny helped family move from nashville to memphis, and since he donated to memphis in the early 2000s, is declared a booster

doesn’t seem that far of a move...at least not so far that one would need assistance
2018 They corrected the date.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Kyblueblood wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:29 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:05 pm Penny helped family move from nashville to memphis, and since he donated to memphis in the early 2000s, is declared a booster

2018 They corrected the date.
pretty big difference
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Don't pay* COLLEGE players, don't get in trouble.

* i mean, beyond the stipends, room and board, tuition, meals, travel, publicity, advice, gear, training, college experience etc etc
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

He's out there playing now...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Judge temp ruling.
It's gonna get messy.
( already is )
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I’m so happy that we don’t get to watch an absolute monster post player in college basketball this year because paying $300 for Two Men in a Truck just makes me feel too yucky inside.

College basketball isn’t even on the top ribbon on ESPN.com anymore and the NCAA wonders why.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I can’t decide whether to comment on the ncaa shenanigans or make a gay joke about $300 for two men in a truck.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

$11.5k should cover any unforeseen expenses for a move 3 hours down the road.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Can't wait for the Memphis and Wiseman attorneys to argue to the NCAA that those stupid fucks cleared him to play and now they are saying he's not eligible for something that happened BEFORE they ruled him eligible to play. There is egg on the NCAA's face.
For those of us who wonder why it takes the NCAA so long to clear a player, this is a perfect example of one of the many reasons why. They make decisions and then they go back on their decisions and change their minds. If they throughly investigated each and every High School (and then NCAA) athlete and followed through with the rules the NCAA would have to rule a whole bunch of players ineligible. 1000s of players. That ruins the business of college athletics if they truly did it. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. ZERO chance 5-10% (if not more) of those playing college basketball and football are legitimately academically eligible - let alone didn't take any illegal handouts or receive any illegal perks.
You have to figure BIG changes are a coming.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:20 pm I’m so happy that we don’t get to watch an absolute monster post player in college basketball this year because paying $300 for Two Men in a Truck just makes me feel too yucky inside.

College basketball isn’t even on the top ribbon on ESPN.com anymore and the NCAA wonders why.
It's a good thing Penny didn't buy a kid who never played for his school a plane ticket home from summer camp so he could go to his grandma's funeral.

That kinda shit is unforgivable.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

A lot of people were talking about Coach Self doing things as a big "FU" to the NCAA.

Tonight, Penny told Bill "Hold my beer...".
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:28 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:20 pm I’m so happy that we don’t get to watch an absolute monster post player in college basketball this year because paying $300 for Two Men in a Truck just makes me feel too yucky inside.

It's a good thing Penny didn't buy a kid who never played for his school a plane ticket home from summer camp so he could go to his grandma's funeral.

That kinda shit is unforgivable.
You're right!
Askew's grandmother was already dead when Brown bought the ticket and Brown didn't tell him?
Unforgivable!

Problem was the NCAA found or at least claimed they found other dirt on LB and company besides the plane ticket.
Then Roy followed suit and we got in some trouble under him.
Now we have Bill and his cronies helping to land us in the NCAA shit house.