Contributor

Re: Official KU v Monmouth Gamethread

Post by Sparko »

There is always at least one douche
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Dick move
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I'll give the guy a pass; clearly frustrated with his squad getting the shit beat out of them...looked like he was apologetic in the handshake-line.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

On one hand, major dick move.

On the other hand, that’s a clip his grandkids’ grandkids will watch.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You don't stop playing when loosing. It's only a dick move if the score was reversed. It's on enaruna to take care of the ball. He said something to get the T and there's no reason to be flexing....but the steal and dunk I have no problem with
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Moss is Malik Newman-esque. Could get hot and carry this team for a few weeks at a time.

Och is going to have games like this. It happened last year where he went through an awful stretch of shooting.

McCormack is a damn beast. He will dominate next year with Dok gone. We will see plenty of flashes this year. Monster.

Dotson will quietly lead this team in scoring this year. You look down and he has 15.

Silvio looked vastly improved from last week. It won’t be long. I really like him in the starting lineup.

Garrett was mostly MIA offensively tonight. He can score when he needs to. I like his lockdown mentality on D.

Enaruna is Svi 2.0. Bright future ahead.

Folks, this team has very few weaknesses. If we can avoid the injury bug from here on out, I fully expect to see us in the Final 4.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:48 pm Moss is Malik Newman-esque. Could get hot and carry this team for a few weeks at a time.

Och is going to have games like this. It happened last year where he went through an awful stretch of shooting.

McCormack is a damn beast. He will dominate next year with Dok gone. We will see plenty of flashes this year. Monster.

Dotson will quietly lead this team in scoring this year. You look down and he has 15.

Silvio looked vastly improved from last week. It won’t be long. I really like him in the starting lineup.

Garrett was mostly MIA offensively tonight. He can score when he needs to. I like his lockdown mentality on D.

Folks, this team has very few weaknesses. If we can avoid the injury bug from here on out, I fully expect to see us in the Final 4.
Alright, who spiked Doyel's Ensure?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

* Dotson keeps playing like this and he’s here as a junior. I don’t want that.

* Enaruna stays on the path he’s showing and the latest he’ll be here is as a junior. I do want that.

* Understanding that this was a joke game - Bill has to recognize that everything hums when you can make a lot of threes. If bill really wants to play two bigs (which, with how good the ones we have are, he must), then there’s just not a lot of minutes for Garrett. You just cannot have a complete non-shooter on the floor with two bigs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Just a reminder that Monmouth led Kansas State at halftime 29-20
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:35 pm I'll give the guy a pass; clearly frustrated with his squad getting the shit beat out of them...looked like he was apologetic in the handshake-line.
Agreed. Let him who has never done something dumb in the heat of the moment cast the first stone.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Jesse Newell spatting with a former Monmouth walk on over on Twitter is great entertainment!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 pm Just a reminder that Monmouth led Kansas State at halftime 29-20
KSU outscored them 53-25 in the second half. What does that mean?
Speaking of reminders, just a reminder for those who rightfully felt our defense was great last night - we were playing Monmouth.
The same team that Lehigh held to a 25 point half and committed 16 turnovers against, KSU held to a 25 point half and committed 25 turnovers against, and that Hofstra held to a 24 point half.
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

John Douglas...when I was at my one summer of the Ted Owens Jayhawk Basketball Camp, Ted had Douglas there helping out. Ted let him just shoot one afternoon while Ted talked about form. Damn, he was smooth. And I certainly don't remember him missing. Then Ted hit about 15 free throws in a row. Dude was a deadly set-shooter. Thanks for the memory trip Sparko!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As bad as they were, we played almost flawlessly. Even the biggest of cynics would have to see that we had contributions up and down the team. This was good for us and was a blast to watch.

We had 59 points in the first half.
They scored 57 in the whole game.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I liked that we never let up.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:50 pm
sdoyel wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:48 pm Moss is Malik Newman-esque. Could get hot and carry this team for a few weeks at a time.

Alright, who spiked Doyel's Ensure?
He's only like this when we win by 50+
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 pm * Dotson keeps playing like this and he’s here as a junior. I don’t want that.

* Enaruna stays on the path he’s showing and the latest he’ll be here is as a junior. I do want that.

* Understanding that this was a joke game - Bill has to recognize that everything hums when you can make a lot of threes. If bill really wants to play two bigs (which, with how good the ones we have are, he must), then there’s just not a lot of minutes for Garrett. You just cannot have a complete non-shooter on the floor with two bigs.
Everything himself with two bigs when you play a vastly undersized team whose bigs are not only small but cannot shoot threes. Monmouth had no chance from the jump.

We were great last night even with Agbaji playing terribly and Garrett not very interested in playing offense. It's good to get an opponent like this at the beginning of the season to give everyone some confidence and minutes.
Last edited by twocoach on Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Saw something interesting last night. Self put the starters back in with about 10 minutes left in the game and I noticed right away the offense was different than how it had been flowing through this game.
With two bigs the lane becomes very congested which means the others have less room to slash to the basket. This negates the offense of Dotson, AGBAJI and especially Grimes.

The two big offense high low concept allows the bigs to get leverage and score inside, but you play inside outside which gives you open shots when the defense collapses on the bigs. When the pass goes outside and it maybe open or it may need to be swung to the other side of the court for the open shot. Which means you need multiple shooters on the floor to take advantage.

MOSS, BRAUN and ENARUNA are all shooters and will all thrive in the two big offense.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:21 pmDick move
No doubt he's a hero in Manhattan, Kansas and Champaign, Illinois.