ESPN plus

Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: ESPN plus

Post by NDballer13 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:05 pm Major suckage on espn -

lotsa spinny things with no action. when there is action, I can barely make out the giant Jayhawk.
ESPN+ is a streaming service. The broadcast will only be as good as your internet allows it to be. You're the only person I've seen have such a major issue with it. There were a few spots in the first half where the sound was a bit choppy for a second or two, but overall the picture was no different than watching the game on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It may be the app on my teevee. Speed Test said I was getting about 80 meg download. Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime apps on the teevee all worked just fine. espn did not. I ended up watching the 2nd half on my laptop with no issues.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I ended up remembering that I have the ESPN app on my TV. Logged right in, and it worked great!
reubenc

Post by reubenc »

The basketball schedule indicates that there are a couple of conference games on ESPN+: both WVU games, @ ISU, vs TCU...

That sort of goes against this press release: https://kuathletics.com/big-12-now-on-e ... nsas-fans/
The most notable change for KU fans will center around one football game and two men’s basketball exhibition games and four early-season non-conference games. Those events have traditionally not aired on ESPN. They will now be available exclusively on Big 12 Now, not on over-the-air, local or cable television.
Are these conference games seriously not going to be available on normal cable or over the air in KC?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I would ask Jeff Long on twitter. 1. He'll know the answer 2. If we actually have 3 conference games on ESPN+, then it's his fuck-up.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

The Avs, Nugs, Rapids all blackout out in 60% + of denver area homes bc of dispute with regional sports channel....owned by KSE (owners of all those teams, Rams, Arsenal, etc). I think it’s glorious, as I don’t care about the NBA or NHL really, but watching billionaires try to fuck us harder is fun!
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I have been running the apps directly off my TV. Next time I'm going to try the Fire TV Stick to see if it's any better.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ESPN+ ran great off my TV Friday.
As much as I'd like for them all to be on ESPN/ESPN2, five bucks is still far less money than it'd be for me to have to go to a bar to watch.
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

ESPN+ has been running great off of my Roku through my TV for over a year now - never had an issue except when there was an internet outage.
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

Jeff Long is a money whore! He may even be better than his predecessor at screwing the fan base!
Deleted User 141

sdoyel wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm I have been running the apps directly off my TV. Next time I'm going to try the Fire TV Stick to see if it's any better.
Makes little difference on my end.

Although, I’d love to tell you the option that causes you the most broadcast delay, as game threads might be improved.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Maybe I'm wrong, but for the people blaming Long, isn't this an agreement between the Big 12 and ESPN? Not Kansas and ESPN? I mean, the games are on "Big 12 Now", not something like the Longhorn Network that is completely unrelated.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Correct. Although I'm sure Long has some say on whether he wants conference games televised.

But I also look at it this way, ESPN wants to get subscribers for ESPN+, and putting the marquee team of the Big 12 conference on there is going to get people to subscribe.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Think about it this way too - as a cord cutter who hasn't lived in market for 11 years, or had a cable subscription for 10 years, this ESPN+ subscription allows me to watch nearly all of the KU games essentially in real time.

It's been awesome for me, and I presume many other Jayhawks who don't live near Lawrence.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:31 pm Think about it this way too - as a cord cutter who hasn't lived in market for 11 years, or had a cable subscription for 10 years, this ESPN+ subscription allows me to watch nearly all of the KU games essentially in real time.

It's been awesome for me, and I presume many other Jayhawks who don't live near Lawrence.
This. I've compared it in the past to not even having the option to watch the games and instead hope the radio broadcast was streaming online.

How did the people complaining about ESPN+ ever get through the decades of games before ESPN3/ESPN360/ESPN+, whatever you want to call it over the years, was available??
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:55 pm
JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:31 pm Think about it this way too - as a cord cutter who hasn't lived in market for 11 years, or had a cable subscription for 10 years, this ESPN+ subscription allows me to watch nearly all of the KU games essentially in real time.

This. I've compared it in the past to not even having the option to watch the games and instead hope the radio broadcast was streaming online.

How did the people complaining about ESPN+ ever get through the decades of games before ESPN3/ESPN360/ESPN+, whatever you want to call it over the years, was available??
Morse code.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Feral wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:41 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Morse code.
lucky

i was on passenger pigeons
Deleted User 141

ESPN+ is just fine. I’ve never once had any connection problems, other than needing to restart a couple times (it’s gonna happen).

I haven’t reD too closely,, but are the games on + broadcast locally?

I watch quite a few MLS matches on it, and Rapids games are always blocked (just need a vpn as work around). Was the worst when Rapids became almost playoff relative towards end of season when dispute between Altitude (Kroenke owned RSN) and Comcast, Dish, etc. started. Then games were not viewable through any ‘legal’ meNs.

Good thing I don’t care about all that legal stuff. Still found game with relative ease.

But yeah, again, for most, who just want to turn in their device and watch bc, well, they pay good money for that ‘right’, are games available locally on plus? If so, spend the $20 during b-ball season and skip 3.2 visits to Starbucks.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

So far my ESPN+ has not had any Fran Fraschilla, so it has been near perfect.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sometimes the feed will get grainy or jumpy, and sometimes going to/from commercials will crash the feed and the page needs to be refreshed, but as a whole ESPN+ has worked for me.