Cutting Cable - Update

Coffee talk.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Cutting Cable - Update

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So Sling told me today that they will not likely be coming to an agreement with Fox Sports regional networks aka for my area Fox Sports KC. I’m a royals fan and would like to watch them next year.

Looking at options between YouTube TV and Hulu.

YouTube more expensive by $5 but seems to be the better options.

Any advice from you all about either of those..
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
colbond

Post by colbond »

Haven't used Hulu (for live TV) but I do use YouTube TV as mentioned in an earlier post. I think all these services are about the same with the differences being small lineup differences and the UI itself. They both give you a free trial, so I'd pick one and try that. Hulu has the advantage of the ESPN+ and Disney+ bundle. That said, I'm sticking with YouTube TV.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

disney+ has been well worth it so far
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:58 pm disney+ has been well worth it so far
Yea for the kids, and they have a "this old house" channel on the tv plus part which is 24/7 this old house episodes. Its on a lot at my house.
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

sounds awesome
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Just saw youtube tv is raising its price to $65 per month.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Jesus. Thats almost as bad as cable
Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

I use Sling. It was initially $25/mon but is $30 now. They seemed to have added more channels, but I haven't really paid close attention. I still like it...for now.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man. The radio had some story about monopolies among cable/internet companies, and in communities in the front range Comcast is the only player so they charge whatever they want. I shoulda paid closer attention
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

shindig wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 am I use Sling. It was initially $25/mon but is $30 now. They seemed to have added more channels, but I haven't really paid close attention. I still like it...for now.
It's really odd. I haven't used Sling more than a handful of times with little to zero sports on. But now that things are kicking back up, I'll be watching more. But they have added some things here and there.

I think they are still in a dispute with the Fox Sports Regional Networks, so that's annoying, but it's still pretty good quality.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:04 am Man. The radio had some story about monopolies among cable/internet companies, and in communities in the front range Comcast is the only player so they charge whatever they want. I shoulda paid closer attention
i cut comcast cable and did sling for 2 months....then we hit data thresholds in about 10 days. I'm not sure how, honestly, we weren't watching shows 20 hours a day. I hate comcast with a passion. The issue above and the dispute with kse over altitude makes it impossible to watch the local teams here (I really only watch the Rapids) without streaming or going to a bar.