2019 College Football Season

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 289

Re: 2019 College Football Season

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Sparko wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:45 am The Big 12 may never win another championship in football. The current round robin represents the toughest schedule for any of the power 5. With Kansas playing better ball, no team will be healthy enough to really compete in two more high stakes games. Parity is lethal. Every game matters alright. So you need to load up on four patsies non-conf and only play a couple of top teams. Like the BiG
I laughed when I thought about Ohio State's out of conference games and then I just looked and noticed FAU is 7-3 and in 1st in the USA, Cinci is 9-1 and in first in the American, and Miami (Ohio) (who lost by 71 points to Ohio State) is in first place in the MAC. I feel Ohio State should have to play a game against a quality power 5 team each season to really validate themselves but hey - this season they beat up on the best of what 3 other conferences have to offer. They (tOSU) didn't really beat anyone in the Big 10 other than Wisconsin (who were good enough to beat Michigan and bad enough to lose to Illinois) and those who vote feel they are the 2nd best team in the country. I'm just not buying it. Yet.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Who among us would not rather have KU play a BiG schedule than the sell-your-soul for Texas football Big XII? Even an SEC schedule.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 pm OU lost to kansas state.
Alabama lost to no. 2 LSU on the road.
wut?
OU was flirting with several losses. Kansas played them pretty well. I think the physical wear and tear is the thing in the Big XII. Lots of NFL talent. Mahomes to Lockett. Honestly the conference seems to do okay out of conference.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

You guys for sure basketball guys.....Alabama lost to LSU at home. The Big 12 has 10 teams and they not physically wearing each other out. OU has a good offense and not so good defense.
OSU could be the best team in college football their next two games are against the best teams they have played all year. KU could play any schedule it doesn't matter they aren't that good.
I bet if you have any Nebraska friends they would say they wish they were back in the Big 12 and they are in the totally weak side of the Big 10. I bet if you have any Colorado friends they would say they wish they are in the Big 12 and they in the weak ass Pac 12.

The point of this is March Madness is the coolest thing in sports. No doubt.

But if college football decided to just let it play out then this would be by far the coolest thing in sports.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I think I see what you're saying...

That is, I think I do...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:39 pm You guys for sure basketball guys.....Alabama lost to LSU at home. The Big 12 has 10 teams and they not physically wearing each other out. OU has a good offense and not so good defense.
OSU could be the best team in college football their next two games are against the best teams they have played all year. KU could play any schedule it doesn't matter they aren't that good.
I bet if you have any Nebraska friends they would say they wish they were back in the Big 12 and they are in the totally weak side of the Big 10. I bet if you have any Colorado friends they would say they wish they are in the Big 12 and they in the weak ass Pac 12.

The point of this is March Madness is the coolest thing in sports. No doubt.

But if college football decided to just let it play out then this would be by far the coolest thing in sports.
It would be pretty cool to have Colorado and Nebraska back in league.

Mizzou and AtM can go blow each other.
Deleted User 289

Big slate in the top 25 today.
I'm not picking any big upsets but I'm hoping to see one or two or three or four or five or six.
If I had to guess what potential 5 large upsets there might be I would go with KU beating ISU, USF beating Memphis, Temple beating Cinci, ASU beating Oregon, Arizona beating Utah.

PSU 17 OSU 31
W. Carolina 10 Bama 51
Minne 41 Northwestern 13
Samford 7 Auburn 49
Illness 17 Iowa 30
OK State 31 WVU 30
KU 17 ISU 31
BC 13 Notre Dame 41
Tex State 10 Appy State 37
A&M 20 Georgia 37
Michigan 31 Indiana 20
Texas 27 Baylor 34
UCLA 20 USC 31
SMU 24 Navy 31
Purdue 13 Wisconsin 40
Memphis 31 USF 20
Arkansas 13 LSU 44
Temple 23 Cinci 27
Oregon 34 ASU 31
TCU 20 Oklahoma 40
Utah 37 Arizona 27
BSU 34 Utah State 24
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

PSU versus OSU oh there are going to a lot of people losing their minds....the terror going on here

I'm with you Kinda hoping the state of Arizona steps up and wrecks some havoc

The biggest problem with Les is his old school offensive philosophy...he has to let Dearmon call the plays and just let Carter go. If Les keeps up with the two back two tight end set with his sons in the game somebody needs to get on the sidelines and take his headset away from him. It would be a sad day for KU if Dearmon walks cause Les keeps calling Dumb ass plays.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Dearmon - you get the first two play calls
Les - I’ll take the third and inches to my son

Let it go, Les. Let. It. Go.
Holidaysmore - 2005
colbond

Post by colbond »

Finally throw it down field and it pays off.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Carter is at his best in the gun with everything spread out. When he can get into a rhythm he isn’t half bad.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Move it over to game thread Holiday.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:41 am No sport makes people lose their brains like football, and given the provincial(?) nature of college football programs, it's a perfect breeding ground for absolute greed and terror.

My man breeding ground for terror you make it sound like isis and the middle east. LOL
Just a little over the top.
I guess I’m not sure how else to define raping kids more than 50 times.

I don’t think you can exaggerate the terror that is. Might just be me.
Deleted User 289

Another QB injury for a top 5 team.
Fields for Ohio State injured when he in no way should have been involved in a play.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

statie and tech in a good one.
It did not break my heart to see texas loose.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Justin Herbert is god awful tonight. He’s supposed to be a top 3 QB in the upcoming draft. Not after tonight. Woof.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Kitties game........... Kitty gets pushed OB and the clock continues to run and TT calls its final TO. Anyone know why the clock would run?
Deleted User 289

Worthless predictions for this week/end.

VA Tech 27 VA 28
Iowa Corn 30 Nebraska Corn 24
Cinci 27 Memphis 34
BSU 31 CSU 20
Appy St. 41 Troy 23
tOSU 27 MICH 31
Clemson 40 S.Car 24
Georgia 37 Geo Tech 17
Bama 30 Auburn 23
Wisco 31 Minn 27
Baylor 41 KU 20
Rutgers 10 PSU 40
Ore St. 17 Ore 37
ND 37 Stanford 23
A&M 17 LSU 30
ISU 20 KSU 27
Colo 20 Utah 30
FSU 20 FLA 31
OKL 31 OKL ST. 30

According to my predictions Ohio State plays Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship game.
The question is if OSU loses to Michigan do they fall out of the top 4? I don't think they do.
If they do move out of the top 4 and then they beat Wisco soundly do they move back up to top 4?

In the SEC we can assume Georgia is going to be playing LSU in the SEC championship game.
Does the loser stay ahead of Bama in the CFP rankings? I say if Georgia loses - no. If LSU loses - yes.

In the Pac 12 it's probably going to be Oregon vs. Utah in the championship game. Believe it or not, if Utah loses to Colorado (I think there is a 30% chance of that happening) then I am pretty sure USC plays Oregon for the Pac 12 championship. Traditionally the Rose Bowl selects the highest ranked non CFP Pac 10/12 team. If USC were to beat Oregon they probably wouldn't move ahead of Oregon in the rankings but how do you not take the Pac 10/12 champion?

So.....
Regardless of all the crazy possibilities I figure we are still going to see LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and then Bama in the CFP.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

The way Ole Miss blew it tonight against Mississippi St was pretty hilarious/awesome.
Deleted User 289

The fact that the kid (Elijah Moore) was walking around on the sidelines with the belt over his shoulder tells me the Ole Miss program is a fucking joke. His teammates crowned him what? The guy who scored a touchdown and then acted like an idiot? His action/s very well may have cost his team a win.
Ole Miss got what they deserved. Miss State is should be very grateful to Moore. They are going bowling possibly thanks to him.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28185585