Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/23/18

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 183

Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/23/18

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I posted in yesterday's 5 questions - thanks to those of you who took the time to answer my questions.
I'll thank people again this morning - thank you!

1) Anyone else waxing their Gibbous this morning? Ok, that's not the question. The question is, did anyone else see the moonset this morning? If I can figure out how and if they came out ok - I'll post a few pics I took of the moonset this morning.

2) On a scale of 0-100 (0 being you didn't sleep a second and 100 being you had the best night's sleep you have ever had and could possibly have) rate how you slept last night/this morning.

3) Two parter.
I'm not ashamed to admit I see a psychotherapist usually once a week on Mondays. I know what you're thinking, it does me no good.
Part 1 - Do you see a shrink at least once a month?
Part 2 - She said something to me that is what I refer to as shrink speak. She asked me why I thought someone was doing something for the sake of pissing me off (probably too strong a term) and controlling me. I responded. She then said it's not about you, it's about her. Maybe she's doing it for her benefit but it's still being done to me - so how can I feel it's not about me - too / am I right or wrong to feel it's also about me?

4) When I was a kid people would claim that 1 dog year = 7 human years. Once in a blue moon someone would then say 1 dog year = 5 human years. Well, using this article and the scale, it might help simplify things. Or it may not. I'll let you decide.
https://pets.webmd.com/dogs/how-to-calc ... r-dogs-age
Anyways, today would have been my first dog's 53rd human birthday.
My question is, assuming you have had a pet, what was your first pet's name?

5) As soon as you finish reading this sentence immediately come up with a song in your head. What is/was the song?
Deleted User 75

Re: Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/23/18

Post by Deleted User 75 »

1. No
2. 55ish
3. No....but it's probably a bit of both.
4. Tiger (a stray cat that snuck into our garage and my parents let me keep her)
5. the bubble guppies intro song because I can hear my kids watching it from the bathroom where I am currently getting ready for work.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

1) The question is, did anyone else see the moonset this morning?
no, but i did get up early sunday to catch a half our’s worth of the meteor shower

2) On a scale of 0-100 (0 being you didn't sleep a second and 100 being you had the best night's sleep you have ever had and could possibly have) rate how you slept last night/this morning.

3) Two parter.
I'm not ashamed to admit I see a psychotherapist usually once a week on Mondays. I know what you're thinking, it does me no good.
no, but considering it

Part 2 - She said something to me that is what I refer to as shrink speak. She asked me why I thought someone was doing something for the sake of pissing me off (probably too strong a term) and controlling me. I responded. She then said it's not about you, it's about her. Maybe she's doing it for her benefit but it's still being done to me - so how can I feel it's not about me - too / am I right or wrong to feel it's also about me?
imo, it doesn’t matter...you can only control what you do, so it does no good to worry about others.

4) My question is, assuming you have had a pet, what was your first pet's name?
Kora

5) As soon as you finish reading this sentence immediately come up with a song in your head. What is/was the song?
“Mrs.” by Leon Bridges...last song i listened to
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

My answers....

1) Yes
2) 14
3) Part 1 - yes
Part 2 - yes, it's also about me.
4) Sugar - dog. Perky parakeet
5) At that moment it was Easier To Run - Linkin Park. Zero clue how and/or why.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. No

2. 45. Went to bed a little late and baby was bit crabby in the middle of the night.

3. Part 1 No. Part 2 Just do your thing..

4. Higgins. Cat when I was a young kid.

5. "Make a Little" - Midland
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

2) I did not sleep well at all. Maybe an hour, hour and a half. I'll put that at a 5.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. no
2. 19
3. Yes, a therapist (not a doc). It’s probably been the smartest thing I’ve ever done. I typically go about once a month now, but at first it was more often. I’m fortunate to be able to afford therapy and that I’ve found a therapist I connect with. I think therapy is like braces/orthodontics in that some people really really can benefit from it and some people do it because they can (which is great; my point is that there is a lot less stigma now about seeking help).
3b. I’m guessing the Dr doesn’t want you to feel singled out or responsible. Whomever is trying to piss you off would do that to anyone in your role, thus it is not about you.
4. Terry the Scottish terrier.
5. Blue Moon with the little mice from “Babe” singing it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. Yes
2. 34
3. No, stop worrying about it
4. Milt Newton
5. The gambler. Kenny Rogers
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

1) Anyone else waxing their Gibbous this morning? Ok, that's not the question. The question is, did anyone else see the moonset this morning? If I can figure out how and if they came out ok - I'll post a few pics I took of the moonset this morning.

No.

3) Two parter.

No.
People use other people to achieve their own ends thousands of times per day. It's not necessarily personal because they aren't really thinking of you as a person as much as a means to an end.

4) When I was a kid people would claim that 1 dog year = 7 human years. Once in a blue moon someone would then say 1 dog year = 5 human years. Well, using this article and the scale, it might help simplify things. Or it may not. I'll let you decide.
https://pets.webmd.com/dogs/how-to-calc ... r-dogs-age
Anyways, today would have been my first dog's 53rd human birthday.
My question is, assuming you have had a pet, what was your first pet's name?

I have a boxer named Iris (after the GooGoo Dolls song)

Girls, Girls, Girls, by Motley Crue, probably because it was the last song playing in my earbuds at the gym.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

1. No but I saw how incredible the moon looked the previous two nights.
2. 41..only because weekdays I usually get 4 to 4 1/2 hours of sleep. 7 would be more ideal
3. Part 1. No
Part 2 I have no idea if your ex does things for her own benefit or if the intention is to mess with you one way or the other. Ultimately, when her intentions/actions have zero effect on you, then I believe you'll be much better off - mentally and emotionally.
4. Rusty - dog
5. Should've Been a Cowboy...no reason why