Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:13 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:59 am So...yesterday, my third-grader comes home from "wear your favorite team" day at school and tells me: Kansas cheats at basketball.

I ask, where did you hear that? He says three of his friends said it to him.
Tis the life of a Jayhawk fan from now on. Sad reality. Probably hurts extra bad for the people who have spent years blasting other schools for cheating. Oh well. It's possible by the end of it all we won't look quite as bad if some other big name coaches have texts or phone calls released....unfortunately it'll take more than Sean miller. We need Calipari or K to get caught up on this for us to become less relevant.
Keitzman probably needs to see his doc about things lasting longer than four hours. He signed off his show yesterday talking about KU being the AP #1, saying that the voters must not be the same people who would keep Pete Rose out of the Hall of Fame.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Does Keitzman take the stance that the Porter Bros. just decided that Mizzou was the best place to show their talents?

I bet he thinks that Walker and Beasley both decided that the storied program at K State was the best choice for them to further develop their talents?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I took SDS with the last pick of my CBB fantasy draft yesterday....figured if he plays he will be a beast.

Teams are: KU Duke UK MichSt Illinois and SIUCarbobdale

5 teams in league. 7 players per team.

I went...:
1. Reid Travis
2. DOK
3. Kavion Pippen
4. Charlie Moore
5. Immanuel Quickley
6. Vick
7. SDS

1 pick up per week. Full season. All players start. So basically a running total of stats.

Scoring is somewhat standard:
1pt per point
Bonus pt for 3pter
1.5pts for steals and assists
1.25pts for rebounds
5 pts for double double
10pts for triple double

1st pick was RJ Barrett, 2nd was Dedric
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RJ barrett isnt on the teams you listed
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Also is it an auction style draft where you had to bid on players? Because that would be the only reason to put this in this thread. And would be pretty funny.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

@TDub....

Sorry duke should have been listed too.

No auction style bidding...only threw it in here because of me drafting SDS.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:57 am Does Keitzman take the stance that the Porter Bros. just decided that Mizzou was the best place to show their talents?

I bet he thinks that Walker and Beasley both decided that the storied program at K State was the best choice for them to further develop their talents?
Missouri just paid by hiring the father.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college ... 1.amp.html
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Wouldn't matter if Self and Kansas was 100 percent proven innocent there would be fan bases out there that would hold on to their version of the truth. Fuck them, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 75

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:02 pm Wouldn't matter if Self and Kansas was 100 percent proven innocent there would be fan bases out there that would hold on to their version of the truth. Fuck them, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Agree 100%...and the same goes for UK and Duke.

...unfortunately I'm not sure how anyone can say it's even remotely possible we are 100% innocent after what's been released. We may be partly innocent, but KTs stuff takes 100% innocent out of the equation imo. Even though it was about someone we didn't get, you'd have to be willfully ignorant to listen to that stuff and determine we knew 100% nothing of what is going on.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:02 pm Wouldn't matter if Self and Kansas was 100 percent proven innocent there would be fan bases out there that would hold on to their version of the truth. Fuck them, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

...unfortunately I'm not sure how anyone can say it's even remotely possible we are 100% innocent after what's been released. We may be partly innocent, but KTs stuff takes 100% innocent out of the equation imo. Even though it was about someone we didn't get, you'd have to be willfully ignorant to listen to that stuff and determine we knew 100% nothing of what is going on.
We just need to ride it out and try to float above the issue as best as we can. As personally satisfying as it would be to lash out (Cheick-style), if Bill's intention is to stay around, he should (and will) give the rumor mill as little grist as possible. Soon - very soon! - there will be game action to fill the time and inches.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:29 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 pm

We just need to ride it out and try to float above the issue as best as we can. As personally satisfying as it would be to lash out (Cheick-style), if Bill's intention is to stay around, he should (and will) give the rumor mill as little grist as possible. Soon - very soon! - there will be game action to fill the time and inches.
Ya. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected. Self has stayed away from the media for the most part it seems...and I think the guys like Jay Bilas will take it easy on him because they've known how this works all along.

I don't expect a bunch of discussion about this during games by announcers or the "gameday" type talking heads. I'm sure it'll be talked about, but I don't think they'll focus on Self much. I think most everyone knows it was just kind of wrong place wrong time for us, and that this could have been nearly any coach/assistant coach in a comparable program to ours that got caught up and were collateral damage to the bizarre FBI saga.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well...I think it's been great for business (in the short term) for ESPN, so I'd expect to see the embers stoked so they don't go out. But especially once the season starts, I think Bill will be able to keep the kids' heads in the right place. I trust Bill and the staff to do the same.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

The most damning evidence is KT's texts. They show that he was willing to discuss matching an offer for Zion. Discussing it and matching it is two different things. KT might be the scapegoat in all of this. In a season where Danny just made the Hot Seat List for NCAA coaches, losing one assistant coach may not hurt that much.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

KT is too important to throw overboard based on that BS.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

I'll think a lot less of Self if he doesn't stay loyal to KT....they both did stupid things and got caught up in this.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

They didn't do shit.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

You're right. Must be fake news.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

So the KT and Self stuff was not admissible in the trial. There was a hearing and the defense tried to get it in and the judge said no. So basically it is fake news. So let this trial conclude. Let the other two trials happen. Then you can start talking trash. Pretty sure what you think is going to happen and what really happens are two totally different things.

Meanwhile there is another case where the NCAA is the defendant and it is looking like they are most likely going to lose. In this case student athletes are suing for the right to get paid. If the NCAA loses they will appeal all the way to the supreme court. This will take time and will weigh on the NCAA because if they lose this they are basically done and all this FBI investigation trial circus will not really matter.

The shoe companies are corrupt. Have been for years. The G league is not really a option for top tier talent. The NBA and its one and done rule could be the greatest cause of the shoe companies corrupting more high school talent. Can you imagine if Lebron had to go to college for one year???
Deleted User 75

Anybody know why the calls and texts were not allowed?

Either way, the FBI trial and the ncaa investigation that's possible to follow are separate. The fact they weren't allowed in court is pretty irrelevant. If we saw them then it's likely the NCAA also saw them.

I think Fish could be right and the ncaa may just do nothing because they're also tied up in their own trial that they're likely going to lose. I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel where the best players still come to college and the ncaa doesn't have some over reaching control on their lives.

Regular students can start their own businesses while in school. Athletes should be able to as well.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/10 ... 4883796993

So the ACC commissioner wants the NCAA to act on trial testimony. First - that's an enormous legal risk. Second - uh, be careful what you wish for, dude. Nike (Duke)/Jordan Brand (UNC) haven't yet had their day in the sun.