About that "Equality Act"

Ugh.
kubandalum

About that "Equality Act"

Post by kubandalum »

Elizabeth Warren recently announced her plan for ordering the federal government to put prisoners who are biological males, but who identify as females, into women's prisons. Although she also plans to have taxpayers pay for gender reassignment surgery for those prisoners, she did not say that she would make that surgery mandatory for those who "identify" as such. That got me to thinking about the Equality Act, and what that might mean. It was passed by 100% of the Democrats in the House, and all the Democrat candidates for president have voiced support for it. I've read opposition to it saying that it would destroy women's sports, which is likely true, but what would it also entail? Would
it also mean that women and girls would have to accept personswithpenises (who "identify") in their locker rooms, public restrooms, college sorority and dormitory rooms,battered women's shelters, and rape crisis centers?

I looked up the text of the act:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... ill/5/text

It does not define the terms "transgender" or "gender identity" as only applying only to those who have had reassignment surgery. The words "surgery," "surgical," "operation",and "reassignment" are nowhere in the text of the act. If you poo-poo the idea that it could mean women and girls being forced to accept biological males in all of those places, do a CTL-F in the text of the act, and look up "locker," "restrooms, "shelter," and "segregation." If you think, "They'll never require that," go back to what Warren said.

I think the Democrats have a winning issue here. They should print up flyers fully explaining all of these implications and hand them out to people outside mosques and black churches and on college and high school campuses all over the country.

Prediction: No one at CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, the Washington Post, or the New York Times will ask any Democrat about this before the election. After all:

https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status ... 9934047234

While we're on the subject, if those on the left truly believe that a "transman" is a woman, exactly why do they need the qualifier, "trans." Why don't they just call the person a "woman." Why is there a "T" in LGBTQ?
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: About that "Equality Act"

Post by jhawks99 »

Why are you guys obsessed with this stuff? I know trans-people who are not as obsessed with this.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The "conservative" republican obsession to control everything in the general vicinity of American vaginas is creepy beyond description.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

You remember Matthew Shepard don't you? He was the gay guy who was tied to a fence post in rural Wyoming and beaten to a pulp and left to die.

James Byrd was an African American who was murdered by three white supremacists in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Shawn Berry, Lawrence Brewer, and John King dragged Byrd for three miles behind a pickup truck along an asphalt road. Byrd, who remained conscious throughout most of his ordeal, was killed about halfway through the dragging when his body hit the edge of a culvert, severing his right arm and head. The murderers drove on for another ​1 1⁄2 miles (2.4 km) before dumping his torso in front of a black cemetery in Jasper.

https://twitter.com/kateashaw1/status/1 ... w">October
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

kubandalum wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:01 pm Elizabeth Warren recently announced her plan for ordering the federal government to put prisoners who are biological males, but who identify as females, into women's prisons. Although she also plans to have taxpayers pay for gender reassignment surgery for those prisoners, she did not say that she would make that surgery mandatory for those who "identify" as such. That got me to thinking about the Equality Act, and what that might mean. It was passed by 100% of the Democrats in the House, and all the Democrat candidates for president have voiced support for it. I've read opposition to it saying that it would destroy women's sports, which is likely true, but what would it also entail? Would
it also mean that women and girls would have to accept personswithpenises (who "identify") in their locker rooms, public restrooms, college sorority and dormitory rooms,battered women's shelters, and rape crisis centers?

I looked up the text of the act:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... ill/5/text

It does not define the terms "transgender" or "gender identity" as only applying only to those who have had reassignment surgery. The words "surgery," "surgical," "operation",and "reassignment" are nowhere in the text of the act. If you poo-poo the idea that it could mean women and girls being forced to accept biological males in all of those places, do a CTL-F in the text of the act, and look up "locker," "restrooms, "shelter," and "segregation." If you think, "They'll never require that," go back to what Warren said.

I think the Democrats have a winning issue here. They should print up flyers fully explaining all of these implications and hand them out to people outside mosques and black churches and on college and high school campuses all over the country.

Prediction: No one at CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, the Washington Post, or the New York Times will ask any Democrat about this before the election. After all:

https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status ... 9934047234

While we're on the subject, if those on the left truly believe that a "transman" is a woman, exactly why do they need the qualifier, "trans." Why don't they just call the person a "woman." Why is there a "T" in LGBTQ?
While I disagree with your point, I like that you're willing to post it here. It's a POV of a shit-ton of Americans that liberals tend to be too quick to dismiss.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:03 pm Why are you guys obsessed with this stuff? I know trans-people who are not as obsessed with this.
lulz
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:03 pm Why are you guys obsessed with this stuff? I know trans-people who are not as obsessed with this.
lulz
Lulz right back atcha. Welcome back.
Defense. Rebounds.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I did not know that the KU crimson girls got renamed back in 2003. GO MANCER! I don’t know if that was a gender identity thing, but it was ok.
Have you watched Orange is the New Black? If so, I think you would appreciate why all persons identifying as female were ok to be housed in prison together.
Maybe I am naïve, but I am not afraid of penises.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Feral wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:28 pm The "conservative" republican obsession to control everything in the general vicinity of American vaginas is creepy beyond description.
^^^

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/11892 ... w">October
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

missouri is missouri’s problem.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 pm
lulz
^^^

Typical non-argument "why you obsessed...."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yup, just what we needed today.

A two week old bump about trannies.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Well, why are Republicans so legally obsessed about this?
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Leawood wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 pm Well, why are Republicans so legally obsessed about this?
It's not just about prisons. If you believe in Democrats, be proud of them, and get out there and get the message out about this. It hasn't even passed yet, and some local Dems in the Chicago suburbs are already enforcing the "Equality Act."

"Transgender Students Win Unrestricted Locker Room Access In Palatine, Schaumburg High Schools"
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/11/14 ... om-access/

(If your read the story, the real girls who have to share their locker room showers with the unreconstructed transgirls are sort of obsessed about this.)

Ask to speak at your local PTA meeting, and tell them:
"There's a looming crisis in our country caused by the shocking lack of penises in girls' and women's locker rooms in our schools, colleges, and fitness centers. The Democrats, and ONLY the Democrats will address this shortage if only you will just vote for enough of them to control both the Senate and the House, and vote a Democrat into the White House."

In the news to our north:
"Trans 'Woman' Jessica Yaniv Slams Gynecologist For Refusing to Treat Him Because He's a Man"
https://www.mrctv.org/blog/transgender- ... e-patients

He/she/ze seems sort of obsessed about it.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

This is your most compelling non-issue? You are a weirdo.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Leawood wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 pm Well, why are Republicans so legally obsessed about this?
My opinion is that you are free to modify and/or mutilate your body as you wish. Just don’t ask me to pay for it.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Leawood wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:15 pm This is your most compelling non-issue? You are a weirdo.
Harry Potter is cancelled.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Rather than me, you and the bandie need to go to school board meetings and state legislators' meet and greets and stand up and say:

"You know what the most important issue there is out there? I saw this on a really reliable news website, mrctv.org: boys and girls that identify themselves as transgender want to shower with the 'opposite sex' in locker rooms. WE CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!! Only Trump Republicans can prevent this!!" I would love to be in the room to see the reaction.

And Psych, it isn't your money. It is God's money. Do you tithe? Probably not since you face that whopping $1,600 per month child support bill for one 16 year old based upon your lucrative outside work in Hooterville, KS that's home to some two bit Bible college. By the way, do you teach students that are at your Bible college based upon federally funded loans that probably will not be re-paid? And do you still live next to Mexicans with cars on cinder blocks in their front yard?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Leawood wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:48 pm
And Psych, it isn't your money. It is God's money. Do you tithe? Probably not since you face that whopping $1,600 per month child support bill for one 16 year old based upon your lucrative outside work in Hooterville, KS that's home to some two bit Bible college. By the way, do you teach students that are at your Bible college based upon federally funded loans that probably will not be re-paid? And do you still live next to Mexicans with cars on cinder blocks in their front yard?
Sea, er... Leawood -

Not sure what you’re getting at. It’s absolutely my money. Not sure where God figures into what is rendered unto Caesar or where tranny money relates to my tithe. Don’t disagree with you on the Federal student loan issue, and have no idea what Mexicans and cinder blocks have to do with me. Thanks for the chuckle either way.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Your money is what's left after taxes.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.