Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Ugh.
Deleted User 295

Re: Trump 2020. Or, How To Weaponize the Government.

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Grandma wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:50 am
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:12 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 pm
Trump?
He doesn’t wear diapers.
Really? How about grandma panties and a bra?

In terms of what he does and doesn't wear, I have a difficult time understanding why he chooses to wear such poorly fitting clothes.
All that money, and no tailor. 🙈
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 pm
Trump?
He doesn’t wear diapers.

In terms of what he does and doesn't wear, I have a difficult time understanding why he chooses to wear such poorly fitting clothes.
Because he is trying to hide the fact that he is shaped like a Bartlett Pear.

Gotta keep up the bullshit that he is in amazing physical condition.
Deleted User 295

🍐🍐🍐🍐
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:36 pm

He doesn’t wear diapers.

I don’t think anyone believes that he is in amazing physical condition.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:35 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:36 pm

I don’t think anyone believes that he is in amazing physical condition.
I've been continually surprised at the number of obvious lies Trump's supporters are willing to believe.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And you guys call HD obsessed with Hillary......(not saying he aint, but sheesh)
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:56 pm And you guys call HD obsessed with Hillary......(not saying he aint, but sheesh)
the difference, imo, is that one has basically faded into history while the other is the supposed leader of the free world

do you think any of us that disdain trump would be thinking twice about him had hillary won?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:11 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:56 pm And you guys call HD obsessed with Hillary......(not saying he aint, but sheesh)
the difference, imo, is that one has basically faded into history while the other is the supposed leader of the free world

do you think any of us that disdain trump would be thinking twice about him had hillary won?
Depends. In your scenario, would he constantly be cropping up on TV complaining that he lost unfairly and threatening to run again?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Yea i get that, and i think the comments/attacks on policy, tweetw, speeches etc are valid and accepted as normal. I think the attacks on his fitness, make up, hands, looks are odd, and though i dont really care one way or the other, they are the type of comments that would get people stomped on here if they were about a democrat.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

well to be fair, he brought his own hands into it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Well, okay, TDub doesn't want us to say mean things about Trump, let's talk about other presidents.

"https://twitter.com/MikeBloomberg/statu ... ">February 9, 2020</a></blockquote>
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont care what you do. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Rudy Giuliani, a private citizen who, unless Bill Barr has already quashed it, is under investigation by the DoJ, will now have a direct conduit to the DoJ in order to help him spread Russian propaganda and conspiracy theories?

You can't make this shit up.

https://twitter.com/BarbMcQuade/status/ ... ">February
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Slut shaming Lindsay wouldn't be worth your breath.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Lev Parnas' attorney pointing out what a hypocrite you are should matter, but Lindsey only cares about one person's opinion. Because he's a spineless pussy.

https://twitter.com/josephabondy/status ... ">February
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Post by Shirley »

Really? The republican governor and SOS of Georgia purging over half a million primarily low-income, young, and minority voters on the basis of false information, under a veil of secrecy?

It's just another day that ends in the letter "y" for republicans. Oh, and to the surprise of no one, notorious bigot, former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, plays a prominent part in depriving these Americans of their right to vote.

https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/ ... ">February

Feb. 9 In an extraordinary and unexpected move, Federal Judge Eleanor Ross has declared Gov. Brian Kemp the loser in a lawsuit brought by investigative journalist Greg Palast to compel the State of Georgia to open up its complete files on the mass purge of over half a million voters from the rolls.

Surprising all parties, the judge ruled that Kemp’s defense was so weak that no trial is needed. The judge acted “sua sponte” — on her own initiative, unrequested by Palast’s attorneys.

Palast has been fighting Kemp to release his hidden purge lists and methods for six years, for Rolling Stone, Aljazeera, Salon, Democracy Now and currently, The Guardian.

Palast said, “Kemp and the new Sec. of State of Georgia want to keep the lid on their methods for removing literally hundreds of thousands of low-income, young and minority voters on the basis of false information. They cannot hide any more. This is a huge win and precedent for reporters trying to pry information from the hands of guilty officials.”

A key issue at stake are the “Interstate Crosscheck” purge lists secretly provided to Georgia by the Kansas Secretary of State in 2015 and 2017. Kemp had turned over Georgia’s voter rolls to Kansas official Kris Kobach, who worked closely with Donald Trump, and is known for his racially biased vote suppression techniques.

“Kemp tried to hide the Crosscheck lists which he got from his crony Kobach. The lists are at least 99.9% wrong. Kemp’s office claimed he did not use the lists to purge voters, an assertion contradicted by his GOP predecessor. Moreover, Zach D. Reports of the Palast investigative team obtained the Georgia 2013 purge list provided by Kobach through (legal) investigative techniques — so we know, and the judge knows, he has more squirreled away.

“Kemp finally turned over evidence that he purged 106,000 voters, overwhelmingly voters of color, that were on the Crosscheck list. But that’s just the tip of the purge-berg.”

Palast’s co-plaintiff Helen Butler is the Executive Director of the Georgia Coalition for the Peoples Agenda, a non-partisan group founded by civil rights legend Rev. Joseph Lowery. Lowery, commenting on the Crosscheck purge system, told Palast, “It’s Jim Crow all over again.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 295

There is literally nothing in that article that the guys tweets where any "advisors" hoped that this would lead to voter suppression...and even funnier is that voter suppresion isn't even discussed in the article....which is what people are freaking out about in the comments of those tweets.

Typical outrage propaganda.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm There is literally nothing in that article that the guys tweets where any "advisors" hoped that this would lead to voter suppression...and even funnier is that voter suppresion isn't even discussed in the article....which is what people are freaking out about in the comments of those tweets.

Have you ever witnessed what happens when the president comes to town? I have, on several occasions. President GW Bush visited a private residence in my neighborhood in Kansas City. To say that it disrupts the normal flow of traffic and commerce in the area, for hours, is a gross understatement.

Does it ever occur to you to resist the urge to comment on everything, whether you know anything about the subject, or not?

"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
Voltaire
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm There is literally nothing in that article that the guys tweets where any "advisors" hoped that this would lead to voter suppression...and even funnier is that voter suppresion isn't even discussed in the article....which is what people are freaking out about in the comments of those tweets.

Have you ever witnessed what happens when the president comes to town? I have, on several occasions. President GW Bush visited a private residence in my neighborhood in Kansas City. To say that it disrupts the normal flow of traffic and commerce in the area, for hours, is a gross understatement.

Does it ever occur to you to resist the urge to comment on everything, whether you know anything about the subject, or not?

"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
Voltaire
Sorry to be my usual contrarian self - I'm simply feeling a desire to chime in.
Can I answer your question? If so, my answer is yes. MANY times. Several different Presidents.
While I completely believe that you have experienced what you claim, and no doubt at times it's been an utter shit show in terms of how it affected/disrupted the normal flow of traffic and commerce when I have seen the President "come to town", other times the disruption was minimal and was in no way "for hours". Obviously it also matters what part/s of town the President visits - and the majority of the town isn't affected at all.

Regardless of all that, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump and his cronies pulled ANY stunt to suppress voters. Just as I wouldn't be surprised if people on the left did the same.
We may live in the greatest country in the world with a "fair" political system in terms of elections but it's clearly a deeply flawed system too.