Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:54 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:40 am
"Sports political forum"

😂😂😂😂

You're rightfully very proud of graduating from KU. I applaud you....but that piece of paper doesn't make you better than anyone else...it also doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm happy for you. My love for KU didn't start when I was the age to send out college applications. It started long before that, before I was even old enough to remember. So as a life long Jayhawk fan, I'm pretty secure in my fandom.
You have to wonder about the mental stability of someone who takes not only immense pride, but also bases her self-worth on the fact that she managed to be accepted into a public university that admits 93% of applicants. Not a noteworthy accomplishment by most standards; definitely not one to keep trying to rub in the faces of others.
Sweet insult to about 98 percent of this board, Psych. High five!
If that's all you based your self-worth on, then it is bound to insult you.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:13 pm

You have to wonder about the mental stability of someone who takes not only immense pride, but also bases her self-worth on the fact that she managed to be accepted into a public university that admits 93% of applicants. Not a noteworthy accomplishment by most standards; definitely not one to keep trying to rub in the faces of others.
Really? I dont remember anyone else rubbing that in the face of another fan? Particularly as a response that has nothing to do with anything related to the topic. So, if were gonna go there, most KU fans on a KU message board actually watch and care about the games.
Exactly. I've locked horns with Chikn many times on this bored, but he has never once played the Alumni Card. It's pretty meaningless when you get right down to it.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Now that the Senate has signaled that Trump can get away with anything, look out.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Geezer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:51 pm 3 prosecutors so far have excused themselves from the case. 2 have resigned from the Justice dept.
Any chance their names are Elliot Richardson, and William Ruckelshaus?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Geezer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:02 pm Now that the Senate has signaled that Trump can get away with anything, look out.
^^^

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/ ... ">February
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

4th prosecutor has resigned.
And that's the final prosecutor who signed off on Stone's original sentencing recommendation
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Geezer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:53 pm 4th prosecutor has resigned.
And that's the final prosecutor who signed off on Stone's original sentencing recommendation
"Those Never-Trump, Democrat plants, they couldn't even stand behind their own 'recommendation!' Look at how fast they just quit!"
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:58 pm

I take immense pride in my KU education and degree.

Doesn't matter to me that it's from a "Public University that admits 93 percent of applicants." Or that it's "not a worthy accomplishment by most standards" to someone like you.

I'm sure most others on this board feel the same way. And I don't find it meaningless. But I do take exception to people who try to run it down. Even if it's just to make a weak point.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Doesn't matter to me that it's from a "Public University that admits 93 percent of applicants." Or that it's "not a worthy accomplishment by most standards" to someone like you.

I'm sure most others on this board feel the same way. And I don't find it meaningless.
Absolutely. As you should. But that wasnt the topic. Nobody has ever told anyone not to be proud of their KU degree. Ever. But, of course, thats not what brought this topic about.
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I'm sure most others on this board feel the same way. And I don't find it meaningless. But I do take exception to people who try to run it down. Even if it's just to make a weak point.
You misunderstand. I'm not running down KU. I am putting one individual's misguided sense of elitism associated with going there in perspective.

Bear in mind that it is a response to someone who regularly ran down my status as a professor at a "shitty Bible college" over the years - an insult to which I have never stooped to respond with the statistical fact that my employer admits 37% of applicants until now. (That's significantly more than twice as selective as KU, BTW).

The moral is that we choose what we are offended by and how offended we allow ourselves to become. If you choose to be grievously offended, I can't stop you.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:40 am
"Sports political forum"

😂😂😂😂

You're rightfully very proud of graduating from KU. I applaud you....but that piece of paper doesn't make you better than anyone else...it also doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm happy for you. My love for KU didn't start when I was the age to send out college applications. It started long before that, before I was even old enough to remember. So as a life long Jayhawk fan, I'm pretty secure in my fandom.
Seemed a tad odd to me.

But it's fun watching the psychopath try to backtrack.

When I was just out of KU, I stayed for a week with a student at UT Austin, The University as they called it. I'd grown up wanting to go there. The nice young woman patiently explained the curriculum that she was taking because she was in the Honors Program and how much more elite that was than at a place like KU. I didn't mention that her honors program requirements were the standard liberal arts requirement at KU and that our Honors Program had other qualities. But it made me quite proud to be at KU and that once I saw Jayhawk Blvd. when in high school, I never looked back.
Last edited by seahawk on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:56 pm
Geezer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:53 pm 4th prosecutor has resigned.
"Those Never-Trump, Democrat plants, they couldn't even stand behind their own 'recommendation!' Look at how fast they just quit!"
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 09728?s=21
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Your President DC.
Just shut up and own him.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Our president. Own him. (Whatever that means)
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

not my president

i wanted him ousted
Deleted User 295

He is quite literally your president.

Are Dems going to try to overturn every election they lose moving forward?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No.

Only when potus voluntarily hands over evidence of impeachable conduct.

You know, the transcript! Aka the one document the administration did share.
Deleted User 295

Sorry for not believing you.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 pm

You misunderstand. I'm not running down KU. I am putting one individual's misguided sense of elitism associated with going there in perspective.

Bear in mind that it is a response to someone who regularly ran down my status as a professor at a "shitty Bible college" over the years - an insult to which I have never stooped to respond with the statistical fact that my employer admits 37% of applicants until now. (That's significantly more than twice as selective as KU, BTW).

The moral is that we choose what we are offended by and how offended we allow ourselves to become. If you choose to be grievously offended, I can't stop you.
Psych describing "the high road" he takes is that extra kind of special I was hoping for on Hump Day.