KU @ WVU : Official Big12 #11 Game thread

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 104

Re: KU @ WVU : Official Big12 #11 Game thread

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Random question, but I noticed Self didn't wear a suit tonight. Was it just because he didn't want to dress nice for WV? Or has he started doing this often?
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

When in Rome. I didn’t see him smile during game at all either. Didn’t wanna show off teeth to WVU crowd.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

anyone else catch this? Really weird. I have a feeling that Huggy complained about the refs and Self bullshit and said I’m not talking about this.

Just seemed weird.

https://twitter.com/m_vernon/status/122 ... 03520?s=21
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I saw that. I was thinking at the time it didn't look like their usual friendly chat.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like when Self casually puts his hand over his mouth, as if he’s just rubbing his nose and not dropping f bombs on huggy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 am I like when Self casually puts his hand over his mouth, as if he’s just rubbing his nose and not dropping f bombs on huggy.
I wonder if he got told by Cindy that she doesn't like when he curses. So he covers his mouth so she never knows what he's saying.

He's a pro at cursing with his mouth covered and always looking like he's doing something else.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I will say this though from a Chiefs/Jayhawks fan perspective. I needed that close/intense game last night. I've been on a Chiefs high (Still am) and I am still not fully crazy invested into KU basketball. Last night began the shift to focusing much more on KU.

But that game was fun.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:10 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 am I like when Self casually puts his hand over his mouth, as if he’s just rubbing his nose and not dropping f bombs on huggy.
I wonder if he got told by Cindy that she doesn't like when he curses. So he covers his mouth so she never knows what he's saying.

He's a pro at cursing with his mouth covered and always looking like he's doing something else.
I think he was just saying, “Gosh darn it I love my doggone keeds, and I’m michhawk’s favorite dad gum coach.”

nm thinking of someone else.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:10 am

Well, maybe initially, but over the years it's become pretty obvious that when he covers his mouth in huddles he's cussing out 1 of our players.

Wonder if Huggy was complaining about the refs? Or maybe complaining about espn+ being shitty for WVU fans in rural areas without dependable high speed Internet?

It didn't seem like they were mad at each other. And since they're both pretty open that they like each other I doubt that's changed.

Tbh, my first thought was that 1 of our players said something rude to Huggy and he was complaining to Self about it and Self said "oh fuck bobby, come on man, I didn't see it, I'll tell them to chill"....but more likely Huggy had an issue with a ref and was asking if Self felt the same.
Last edited by Deleted User 295 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. Like I said. Huggy probably complained about something with officials, Self probably said y"ou serious, it happened to us too, and I don't know what you want me to do about it" And walked off.

They'll laugh about it at the Big 12 tournament when they see each other.

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I thought maybe Huggins had dragon breath.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gqcolorado wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:56 am I thought maybe Huggins had beer breath.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 am anyone else catch this? Really weird. I have a feeling that Huggy complained about the refs and Self bullshit and said I’m not talking about this.

Just seemed weird.

https://twitter.com/m_vernon/status/122 ... 03520?s=21
Indeed. Either Self was sick, or that didn't go too well. Not sure what Huggy has to complain about -- he had the refs helping him the whole game and home court.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Probably talking about where to meet for a drink after the game. Self and Huggy are too close and too experienced to bicker over silly ref stuff.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Probably "JFC Bill. ESPN didn't even put us on a main fucking station."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ESPN-Plod
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm cancelling ESPN+ this weekend before the next billing cycle.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We get it bundled with disney and hulu
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:45 pm We get it bundled with disney and hulu
The best way to do it.