Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:15 am
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 pm
chiknbut wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:19 pm

I take immense pride in my KU education and degree.

Doesn't matter to me that it's from a "Public University that admits 93 percent of applicants." Or that it's "not a worthy accomplishment by most standards" to someone like you.

I'm sure most others on this board feel the same way. And I don't find it meaningless. But I do take exception to people who try to run it down. Even if it's just to make a weak point.
You misunderstand. I'm not running down KU. I am putting one individual's misguided sense of elitism associated with going there in perspective.

Bear in mind that it is a response to someone who regularly ran down my status as a professor at a "shitty Bible college" over the years - an insult to which I have never stooped to respond with the statistical fact that my employer admits 37% of applicants until now. (That's significantly more than twice as selective as KU, BTW).

The moral is that we choose what we are offended by and how offended we allow ourselves to become. If you choose to be grievously offended, I can't stop you.
Psych describing "the high road" he takes is that extra kind of special I was hoping for on Hump Day.
You were doing so well, Chikn, and then you got your feelings hurt when mean old Psych pointed out that a KU degree and Harvard degree aren’t equally prestigious like Sea has been telling you. Back to the Martyr Card we go to salve the bruised ego. Take comfort: relapse is a natural part of recovery.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:57 am

You misunderstand. I'm not running down KU. I am putting one individual's misguided sense of elitism associated with going there in perspective.

Bear in mind that it is a response to someone who regularly ran down my status as a professor at a "shitty Bible college" over the years - an insult to which I have never stooped to respond with the statistical fact that my employer admits 37% of applicants until now. (That's significantly more than twice as selective as KU, BTW).

The moral is that we choose what we are offended by and how offended we allow ourselves to become. If you choose to be grievously offended, I can't stop you.
Psych describing "the high road" he takes is that extra kind of special I was hoping for on Hump Day.
You were doing so well, Chikn, and then you got your feelings hurt when mean old Psych pointed out that a KU degree and Harvard degree aren’t equally prestigious like Sea has been telling you. Back to the Martyr Card we go to salve the bruised ego. Take comfort: relapse is a natural part of recovery.
You seem to have misunderstood. My feelings aren't hurt at all.

When you respond to something, I look at it the same way as the guy yelling at an imaginary thing as he's digging out food from a garbage can. It's mostly harmless and it means nothing.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:34 am

When you respond to something, I look at it the same way as the guy yelling at an imaginary thing as he's digging out food from a garbage can. It's mostly harmless and it means nothing.
Of course. You respond to the worthless, crazy, homeless guy not one, not twice, not thrice, but FOUR times, expressing varying levels of indignation. Yup. Youbetcha.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:47 am

Of course. You respond to the worthless, crazy, homeless guy not one, not twice, not thrice, but FOUR times, expressing varying levels of indignation. Yup. Youbetcha.
Responding and caring are two different things, Psych.

I would think a highly intelligent man would understand that (shrugs shoulders).
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:31 pm

I would think a highly intelligent man would understand that (shrugs shoulders).
If that makes you feel better, so be it. I’m obviously not intelligent, though. After all, I didn’t go to KU, and I teach at a “shitty Bible college”. What could I know about anything?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:43 pm

After all, I didn’t go to KU
It was easy to tell.

Why do 2 non KU grads feel the need to come here and troll/argue?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:21 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:43 pm

After all, I didn’t go to KU
It was easy to tell.

Why do 2 non KU grads feel the need to come here and troll/argue?
Well, we’ve already established that there is nothing special about having sat in class at KU, and I didn’t see any rules about non-alums participating, so why not?
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

So now, trolling = having a different opinion than others. Stop trolling, HD.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:01 pm So now, trolling = having a different opinion than others. Stop trolling, HD.
Exactly. I'm willing to bet that not everyone who goes to KU has the same opinions either. But I'm also willing to bet that they get shouted down a lot like some of us do here. I was actually accepted to two different graduate programs at KU about five years apart. Each time, after sitting in on a classroom with a surfeit of people the likes of Sea and Feral, I knew I wouldn't be able to ignore the OuTRaGe propaganda enough to actually learn anything, so I went elsewhere. Every time I come on this bored, I am reminded of what a good decision I made - twice over.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

I'm here because I'm a Kansas fan.

I like talking to other Kansas fans about our basketball team.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:14 pm I'm here because I'm a Kansas fan.

I like talking to other Kansas fans about our basketball team.
Ditto. I hang out here for the ambiance.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump issooooo much worse than I feared.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 pm
lobster wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:01 pm So now, trolling = having a different opinion than others. Stop trolling, HD.
Exactly. I'm willing to bet that not everyone who goes to KU has the same opinions either. But I'm also willing to bet that they get shouted down a lot like some of us do here. I was actually accepted to two different graduate programs at KU about five years apart. Each time, after sitting in on a classroom with a surfeit of people the likes of Sea and Feral, I knew I wouldn't be able to ignore the OuTRaGe propaganda enough to actually learn anything, so I went elsewhere. Every time I come on this bored, I am reminded of what a good decision I made - twice over.
Their argument is about as dumb as the argument thrown to me to stop talking about the Titans on the NFL thread. I do believe you were one that was calling my 'act' tiresome, or something to that extent. Politcs, sports, whatever it is anymore....people (in general, and definitely in places like here) can't seem to carry on a conversation most of the time with someone that they aren't aligned with. It's dumb. Maybe you are dumb. Maybe I am dumb. Maybe the others are too.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I don't believe I ever said there was an equivalence between KU and Harvard. But having dated someone who had a Phd. from Harvard, I can say that there was a huge difference between your online Bible college Edd. level of intellect and his.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 295

😂😂😂
🐔🐔🐔
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So now Barr is testifying before congress about Stone?
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/02/ ... lot-worse/

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
Can anyone say, “rigged jury”?
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 295

😂😂😂

What a fucked up mess we've got going on right now in our country.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The judge rejected both of these claims, arguing that Stone’s defense team “has not presented grounds for a new trial” under the appropriate rules nor shown “any reason to believe there has been a serious miscarriage of justice.”
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.