NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: NBA 2018

Post by ousdahl »

they got plenty of breaks in the East too.

but yeah, even if Lebron's GM abilities are questionable, his ability to drag a bunch of scrubs to the Finals is a bigger net gain to his legacy.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

With that many finals appearances in a row it's hard to give much credit to getting "good breaks" in the east. Love him or hate him, he earned those finals appearances fair and square.

I suspect this year the Lakers will be a middle of the pack playoff team....but if they get AD this summer then next year they'll be right up there with Houston and GSW (assuming KD stays).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I meant just last year. Do the Cavs get past Boston if they aren't down their two best players?

And yeah give Lebron for his run of Finals appearances. What's been the "second best" team/s in the East during that run?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and yeah if the Lakers get AD, whoa.

As has been shown plenty of times, it's awful hard to win in this era without multiple superstars. Who wants to play with Lebron?
Deleted User 75

Are you implying nobody wants to play with LeBron? LOL
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well not nobody (except for Kyrie), but, what superstar/s is gonna wanna team up? Is AD a legit possibility?
Deleted User 75

I think there is a long list of people who would want to team up with LeBron. AD is definitely on that list. In fact, I think AD to the Lakers is almost a guarantee at this point.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

So many players lining up to play with LeBron. You know, hits like Chris Paul, Paul George and Kylie Irving......
Deleted User 75

Aren't LeBron and CP3 like really close friends? I'm guessing CP3 would want to play with LeBron.

Did Paul George resign with OKC before or after LeBron signed with the lakers?

Sorry if I have trouble just assuming nobody wants to play with LeBron...aren't some of you the same guys who said Paul George hated playing with Westbrook?... and yet he resigned with them to stay with Russ.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

God damnit, you really are a fucking moron Illy.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

And more lol@cleveland. This time football related. Has to be the dumbest sports city in the country with regards to ownership & GM’s
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:04 am And more lol@cleveland. This time football related. Has to be the dumbest sports city in the country with regards to ownership & GM’s
I mean, the sheer volume of dumbness afforded New York by virtue of having so many trash organizations - Mets, Knicks, Nets, Giants, Jets - is hard for any small city to compete with. But, sure, on a (say) per capita basis, Cleveland is up there.

Minneapolis is bad (how do you waste Kevin Garnett and Towns? How do you biff a hometown Super Bowl shot after the Saints game last year? Joe Mauer's head is now 95.8% pudding. How do you chase a fucking HOCKEY team (and a good one at that) out of Minnesota?).

Buffalo of course is Buffalo. Jacksonville should be razed (as, really, should most of Florida generally).
Deleted User 75

Cascadia wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:03 am God damnit, you really are a fucking moron Illy.
Haha.. ya. Because you don't like LeBron that means that it's inconceivable that other stars want to play with him.

What was I thinking.

It's very funny...first it was "PG13 stayed with OKC for the money in spite of Russ"...now it's "PG13 stayed in OKC because he didn't want to play with LeBron"...odd how that narrative shifts depending on which player we are talking about.

Kyrie the earth is flat Irving left Cleveland for Boston...in part because he wanted to be the man, in part because Boston is a far superior franchise than cleanliness. I'm not sure his actions are indicative that other NBA players don't want to play with LeBron.

No clue what CP3 has done or said to indicate he doesn't want to play with LeBron.
Deleted User 75

I remember last year some people on here were adamant that Clevelands roster around LeBron was decent....
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Was just talking NBA hoops with Livingston and I think Iggy and Cook. Brief details to follow.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Was Tuby there?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

92 pts in a half 120 with time left in tbe 3rd. Klay Thompson with 14 3pters. Jesus. Ridiculous. Video game shit.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Thompson finished with 52 points in 27 minutes.
Durant had a +45 for the game.

Buddy of mine sat next to the Hornets bench when they were in town.
Talked to Devonte, Bridges, and others.
He asked them collectively how ridiculous they thought the NBA was in terms of defense.
I think it was Bridges who told him that he faced much tougher defense/s in college and the other guys agreed.
Another thing my buddy asked was why they don't ever call traveling in the NBA (they don't call it too often in college either) when guys blatantly travel and are obviously allowed to travel.
Devonte held out 3 fingers. My buddy didn't understand. Devonte explained you get 3 steps in the NBA automatically before they even consider it to be a travel - and some guys obviously get away with more.
So in other words, like I have been saying for years, the NBA isn't good pure basketball in it's complete form, and it's entertainment first and basketball 2nd.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'd say the quality and purity of gameplay gets a little better in the playoffs - actually trying on defense, fewer travels condoned, etc.

but yea, over the course of what like 7 months and 82 games, it can get a little globetrottery.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Are the Cavs and the Bools this years Washington Generals then?