You know what's really fun??

Coffee talk.
NewtonHawk11

You know what's really fun??

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Having some trashy neighbors next door. Husband gets arrested for DV earlier this month. Wife gets arrested for drug possession last night. Pretty sure we had undercover cops at their house and in our neighborhood for the last few weeks. Good times.

3 kids in that house. Ages 10-4. Feel really bad for those kids.

Selfishly hoping that house is up for sell within the next 6 months. Get them out of my neighborhood.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

Re: You know what's really fun??

Post by Deleted User 75 »

That sucks. Always hate seeing kids caught up in that. My wife does social work type counseling for children (now just a few appointments each weekeend since she took a job as a guidance counselor at a school), and she says a lot of the times there isn't a lot she can do in an hour session because they just go home right back into a toxic environment...but she did have a girl recently write her a note and say she basically saved her life, so it's nice seeing that it helps some of them. Glad there are people who have the patience and desire to want to help others, because a lot of us wouldn't sign up for that job (or those types of jobs).

I've heard some crazy stories about some of these troubled kids or kids who come from troubled homes. Cutting, violence, sexually abusing animals..crazy shit.
shindig

Post by shindig »

That sucks for the kids. A few years ago a new couple moved into the house across the street from me with 2 young girls (probably age 3-5). The husband, probably early-30's, was a pretty heavy drinker I noticed right off. Both of them are Veterinarians, so they make good money, but he lost his job due to his alcoholism, which just gave him more time to drink. After living there a couple months, the cops showed up on a Sunday afternoon after threatening to kill himself. He was waving around a 9mm in the front yard and was hammered. They are divorced now, she still lives there and he finally seems to have gotten some help. But it was crazy. I was waiting for him to point the gun at a cop and get blown away, but the cops did a good job talking him down. I still see him time to time when he picks up the kids and he seems to have turned his life around. All around a good guy, just had some demons.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Sorry you have to witness that - even if it's somewhat entertaining.
I would say God bless America but it happens in many other countries as well.
You ever wonder if there is a God if he/she/it does this for his/her/it's entertainment or if he/she/it says what the fudge - it's getting close to the time where I need to blow this shit up and start all over again?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a bummer.

When I read it was really fun, I thought it was gonna be squirters, but that’s another thread.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I laughed pretty good at work to that one.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Update.

Wife was part of huge drug ring. She was a transporter for her dealer to the users and vice versa. Also charged with unlawful possession of firearm and child endangerment because she was caught with one of the kids with her.

She apparently is now going to enter a plea deal in exchange for info to detectives and whatnot.

Husband doesn't want to live in the house because of the drug stuff, so they're going to likely sell the house.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and i thought my life was fucked...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:31 pm and i thought my life was fucked...
it is
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You can't put kids in that situation. I hope it works out for them. Maybe there's a responsible family member who can take care of them. These two have no business being around kids.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:31 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:31 pm and i thought my life was fucked...
it is
you have no idea
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:31 pm You can't put kids in that situation. I hope it works out for them. Maybe there's a responsible family member who can take care of them. These two have no business being around kids.
I was thinking Newton's kids shouldn't be put near that situation either.
Sucks for everyone. Neighbors included.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:31 pm You can't put kids in that situation. I hope it works out for them. Maybe there's a responsible family member who can take care of them. These two have no business being around kids.
I was thinking Newton's kids shouldn't be put near that situation either.
Sucks for everyone. Neighbors included.
Yeah house has been empty for a few days now. Her parents are clean and good people, so they have the kids. But yeah, our kids don't wander outside too far.

But it should all be better by spring when they'll be outside again. Maybe some new people in there by then. It's a cool house with huge windows, that they always kept covered. Now I know why..

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 am Having some trashy neighbors next door. Husband gets arrested for DV earlier this month. Wife gets arrested for drug possession last night. Pretty sure we had undercover cops at their house and in our neighborhood for the last few weeks. Good times.

Selfishly hoping that house is up for sell within the next 6 months. Get them out of my neighborhood.
That’s Newton for you. Town has gone to absolute crap.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:52 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 am Having some trashy neighbors next door. Husband gets arrested for DV earlier this month. Wife gets arrested for drug possession last night. Pretty sure we had undercover cops at their house and in our neighborhood for the last few weeks. Good times.

That’s Newton for you. Town has gone to absolute crap.
Yeah it has bad spots for sure. It's OK if you are in the right spots. We're actually in a decent spot, but they've been the eyesore of the neighborhood for years. Nothing we could do about it, but they did it to themselves.

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

How cute is the druggie wife?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Leawood wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:39 pm How cute is the druggie wife?
You’re either forgetting the meth mouth factor or are really hard up.
Last edited by HouseDivided on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I bet I know how she would vote.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Leawood wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:39 pm How cute is the druggie wife?
Fugly. Was very average 10 years ago when first married. Now losing teeth and all that.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:53 pm I bet I know how she would vote.
Yeah it's fairly obvious.