Happy Halloween

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Happy Halloween

Post by ousdahl »

sooo

so can you go out on Halloween in black face and have it count as a costume or is it just racist?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:05 pm sooo

so can you go out on Halloween in black face and have it count as a costume or is it just racist?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jgmaine

Post by jgmaine »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:05 pm sooo

Ask Megyn Kelly
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lol

Ironically enough! Last night beaverfever said when he was a little kid he went as Steve Urkel for Halloween, complete with blackface.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thunderstorms here tonight. They moved halloween to last night here.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

First time having Trick o' Treaters since I was in college.
Thought we'd get more than we did.
Nine kids showed -- last little dude sure got a lot of candy.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

We took both kids in the wagon and stroller....they lasted about 45min...then back home to let them answer the door and give out candy...which basically consisted of my 2 year old standing on the front porch ringing the door bell repeatedly...then i took the 5 year old back out for a few more houses....my kids don't eat a bunch of candy so I'm stocked up for late night Jayhawk game snacks.
NLowrider

Post by NLowrider »

The wife and I are trying a low/no sugar diet so no candy for me this year. I was probably a toddler the last time I didn't have candy on Halloween.
Deleted User 75

Poor guy. I'll eat some in your honor.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Pretty disjointed Halloween in our neighborhood. The big group got together at 6:30, the kids splintered into packs of 4-8, and everything was pretty much done in an hour. I had a bowl of chili and a cocktail by 7:45. Kids put themselves to bed at 8:50 and 9:05. Stunning.
Deleted User 75

#winning

My daughter has a chest cold and woke up coughing at 1am.....woke her brother up in the process....and now I've been awake for almost 9 hours by 10am for the second day in a row!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ugggghhhhhh

what the fuck happened last night?

where's beaverfever? did he go home with one of you?
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Did the beav take more than one of some of the magic broc?

Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:57 am 10 people showed, we expected double that.
The rain and wind and cold just pelted my smoker - I couldnt keep the top vent open at all b/c the rain would leak onto the meat.
Chicken was stalling at 150.

I should have tried to set up a tarp to cover it but was exhausted from the 18 inning Red Sox game night prior.

I ended up giving up after three hours and moving it indoors, wrapped in foil, on 220 in the oven.

Still turned out delicious - have a lot of leftover chicken.
That's why we stopped hosting a big Halloween Party. Tons of work and money to decorate then people flake on you and you feel like you worked for nothing. Now we host a huge holiday party first weekend of December. Much easier and a more consistent turnout.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

about a dozen kiddos stopped by...glad i didn’t buy more candy like the wife wanted
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

GOAT holiday! Pumped!

It’s like my favorite movie and I’ve put it off for years, but this year I’m finally going as the dude.

I’m a believer in incorporating facial hair into costumes. I’ve got a yuge beard right now that’ll trim up nice as the dude’s goatee, especially once it’s saturated with White Russians.

And this season is particularly befitting, given my currently employment status...you don’t go out looking for a job dressed like that, do you? On a weekday??
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The year, 1983.
The place, 17th and Tennessee St.
The people, myself and two roommates; Big Steve and Chowderhead.

The three of us were working at the Cornucopia on Mass St. One of the other cooks comes in and says he saw a note with our address posted at the Crossing saying Halloween Party, Free Beer.

There wasn't much we could do at that point except go with it. We bought 3 kegs and rolled up the carpeting. The house was shoulder to shoulder all night. Some crazy stuff happened.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:54 pm The year, 1983.
The place, 17th and Tennessee St.
The people, myself and two roommates; Big Steve and Chowderhead.

The three of us were working at the Cornucopia on Mass St. One of the other cooks comes in and says he saw a note with our address posted at the Crossing saying Halloween Party, Free Beer.

There wasn't much we could do at that point except go with it. We bought 3 kegs and rolled up the carpeting. The house was shoulder to shoulder all night. Some crazy stuff happened.
i lived at 17th and tenn in the early 2000s

had my fare share of parties there too