Re: SCOTUS

Post by defixione »

Alex Kendrick
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:06 pmAlex Kendrick
Really? I don't know anything about him, other than he makes movies for people who think that Kirk Cameron is a leftwingsexfiendsecularist.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:19 pm
defixione wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:06 pmAlex Kendrick
Really? I don't know anything about him, other than he makes movies for people who think that Kirk Cameron is a leftwingsexfiendsecularist.
Correction: really bad movies
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Young Ms. McGrath, the greatest parody account ever, seems to have mind-melded with Geezer.

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/stat ... 0489648128
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:10 pm
seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:14 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:57 pm
I have watched multiple interviews with Yang in the last few months. It is apparent that he has never worked in social services with low-income populations before. His insistence that a guaranteed $1,000 a month will not be a replacement for work but an incentive to keep working and move up the socioeconomic ladder is comical.

It will be another version of the current system where the money goes to buy cigarettes and cell phones and bills are paid through churches and community funds. Very few people are interested in working for a living anymore. They will milk the system until it dries up.
So, you've made a living screwing over poor people, especially poor women, children, and people of color with your personal bias because it so angers you that, with your inferior podunk Bible college education and not terribly high intelligence, you can't command the income that you believe that one born in your level of privilege deserves.

Glad to see that you admit it. Shall we expect the "female addicts are all whores, even the suburban wives" lecture next?
Do you ever actually read or think about what I say, or do you just launch into one of your pre-mixed lunatic screeds when you see that I've posted something. Please, get help. Seriously.
Actually, Psych, I'm the person on this forum who has spent my time around the social service world and know that the "low-income population" that you're smearing is something like 70% women and children and a large percentage of people of color. So, it's just the usual Psych racism and sexism that we've been reading for years.

Because I've been a part of that world, I know the damage that a self-righteous, biased mental health type like you can do to vulnerable populations. I've read your disparagement of people who were less fortunate than you, people that you actually made money off by evaluating and "therapizing" them, and found it distressing because I've dealt with vulnerable, disadvantaged people and know that the harm you could do to them is frighteningly enormous.

Psych, I've always laughed at you, especially at your comments to me, because you started out telling me that I needed help because I couldn't deal with authority figure males like You. Of course, you couldn't be aware that I was married to someone who donned a black robe each day and was a Genuine Authority Figure. However, I did understand from the beginning just how dangerous your poisonous mutterings could be to someone more vulnerable.
Don't inject Lysol.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Paul Manafort
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:28 pm
seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:14 pm

So, you've made a living screwing over poor people, especially poor women, children, and people of color with your personal bias because it so angers you that, with your inferior podunk Bible college education and not terribly high intelligence, you can't command the income that you believe that one born in your level of privilege deserves.

Glad to see that you admit it. Shall we expect the "female addicts are all whores, even the suburban wives" lecture next?
Do you ever actually read or think about what I say, or do you just launch into one of your pre-mixed lunatic screeds when you see that I've posted something. Please, get help. Seriously.
Actually, Psych, I'm the person on this forum who has spent my time around the social service world and know that the "low-income population" that you're smearing is something like 70% women and children and a large percentage of people of color. So, it's just the usual Psych racism and sexism that we've been reading for years.

Because I've been a part of that world, I know the damage that a self-righteous, biased mental health type like you can do to vulnerable populations. I've read your disparagement of people who were less fortunate than you, people that you actually made money off by evaluating and "therapizing" them, and found it distressing because I've dealt with vulnerable, disadvantaged people and know that the harm you could do to them is frighteningly enormous.

Psych, I've always laughed at you, especially at your comments to me, because you started out telling me that I needed help because I couldn't deal with authority figure males like You. Of course, you couldn't be aware that I was married to someone who donned a black robe each day and was a Genuine Authority Figure. However, I did understand from the beginning just how dangerous your poisonous mutterings could be to someone more vulnerable.
I am aware that you are grieving and that the holidays are difficult, and I am also aware that venting your spleen at me makes you feel a little better. I get it. Glad I can be of service.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:34 pmPaul Manafort
Bill Clinton?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Good President.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer, why are you trying to normalize rape?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:52 pm
Geezer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:26 pmSteven Miller
Cenk Uygur
How is Cenk Uygur equivalent in any whataboutism to Stephen Miller? Miller is allowed to exercise his virulent racism at will in the White House. Average Democrats protested so loudly at Cenk's misogyny that a key endorsement was withdrawn in a day.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:53 pm Geezer, why are you trying to normalize rape?
I was gonna respond to this post, but Michael Cohen paid me not to.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:10 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:52 pm
Geezer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:26 pmSteven Miller
Cenk Uygur
How is Cenk Uygur equivalent in any whataboutism to Stephen Miller? Miller is allowed to exercise his virulent racism at will in the White House. Average Democrats protested so loudly at Cenk's misogyny that a key endorsement was withdrawn in a day.
He is a Democrat running for the Democratic nomination for Congress and he was endorsed by one of the frontrunners for the Democratic presidential nomination.

He's one of you.

Also, Sanders statement upon withdrawing the endorsement was hilariously unapologetic. "Uhhh...Cenk...decided not to accept endorsements, but I...uhh...still love him and stuff."
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:12 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:53 pm Geezer, why are you trying to normalize rape?
I was gonna respond to this post, but Michael Cohen paid me not to.
Nuh uh.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:59 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:49 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:41 pm

How do you know that sticking it to the other guy isn't in their best interests (or eveyone's best interests, for that matter)?

If, for example, you plan to be a billionaire someday and don't want the government to tax your wealth (as opposed to your income), then having Trump "stick it" to EWarren seems to coincide with your interests.
Nothing is in everyone's best interests. It doesn't work that way.
Precisely. So, when faced with a choice between my best interests and your best interests, you’ll understand when I choose the former, right?
It depends on what it is.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:35 pm
seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:28 pm

I am aware that you are grieving and that the holidays are difficult, and I am also aware that venting your spleen at me makes you feel a little better. I get it. Glad I can be of service.
Why thank you, Psych, for demonstrating why you're such a dangerous as well as incompetent mental health type. When you're widowed after a long, happy marriage there's a completion that divorce doesn't bring. There's a sweetness that comes for some years at the end of a long marriage that sustains you, because the realization of how much you have valued this person becomes evident. It allows one to move on, as I have. Which is also why those like you, who are still dealing with the unresolved issues and the anger and bitterness in the aftermath of divorce, are still whining.

I valued my husband partly because he was a man of enormous compassion. I dislike you because you're not. That's not venting about anything, it's simply the truth.
Last edited by seahawk on Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:48 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:14 am

I dont believe this has "a pretty decent chance" of happening again

This is why it does have a decent chance. The democrats are so sure that they will win that they aren't addressing the issues that lost the last election. They aren't acknowledging the needs of the middle of the road voter. You arent a middle of the road voter, you lean fairly decently left like most here. I'm middle of the road in reality but get painted as far right conservative here. That's a statement on the make up of the people on this site, not representative of the make up of the voter pool.
What would a middle of the road Dem candidate look like to you? Where would they stand on gun rights/abortion/immigration etc....?

What you describe sounds lovely but I have never heard an actual description of this mythical middle of the road Dem that would "meet your needs".
What I describe sounds lovely? I didnt describe anything.

As for where a middle of the road person stands you can probably deduce that for yourself. Or, maybe you cant and that's why this fairly large bloc of voters seems mythical to you.
You complain that Dems dont take time to ask what Repubs need so I do so and your response is "figure it out yourself". Which to me means your complaint is largely made-up bullshit that you read in some forum that sounds more righteous than "because fuck Dems".
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I gotta say, picking a fight with TDub is kinda weird.