WV game thread

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: WV game thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Rumblings I've heard were that he's just not accurate. It's been long rumored his accuracy is just not good. There was a reason he was a ST player his first year in Pitt.

He won't be the QB here at all outside of multiple injuries.

Stanley goes this year. Kendrick or Locklin go next year and then they battle for a while. From what I've heard, Locklin is the real deal. And has some serious wheels that make defenses honest. Just has to get the speed of the game down a bit more when he's throwing the ball. Miles knows he has something there as he said about Locklin during the fall camp press conferences "I would not be afraid to play him"

I think that's the QB of the future for Kansas unless they get a highly rated guy in the near, near future. MacVittie had plenty of chances, but he was also brought here under a different OC and different offensive philosophy and that matters.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If Stanley is the guy for the year, which it seems he is, no reason not to RS MacVittie.

That's partly why we saw Manny on Saturday. Everyone knew it was just one play. You don't count the clock on the RS for just one play and Manny is a coach's kid, he knows the playbook, and knows how to pitch the ball to a back.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That clock is irrelevant now right? Everyone can play in 4 games and still redshirt. Kendrick did last year at QB, Gardner the freshman RB will likely do that this year.

Plus MacVittie already redshirted at Pitt in 2016.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ah, I thought he was 3 year to play 2 guy coming from JuCo. That's what makes it irrelevant.

But, no, I would not want the staff to use a guy for one play to count as one of the 4 games.