NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season

Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season

Post by NDballer13 »

To be fair, what were the questions that lead to those respective quotes? I'm sure Schroder was asked specifically about Paul, while Westbrook was likely asked about his own game.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:07 am Meanwhile:

"I just got to control myself, that's it, control myself," Westbrook said. "But I'm not backing down. I'm not. I wasn't raised that way. So I don't back to nobody, fear nobody but God, that's it. Fear no man but God. I'll always protect myself under any situation, but I also got to be smarter and understand what's on the line for me. Or what's my legacy, who's watching me, my kids, my family. Make sure that I'm representing my family very, very well."

"I'm at the basket more than probably anybody since I've been in the league -- I got no free throws today," he said. "But ideally I just got to keep going. ... That's just what it is. I'm OK with it. I'm a guy that's going to compete every single night. I'll go out and play my game and find ways to be effective. If they blow the whistle, they do. They don't, who cares? I cannot allow it to affect who I am as a person and what I'm representing and who I am, so that's on me."
Yeah russ lost his cool and tried to fight about half the Warriors team.

He's not for everyone. Definitely an acquired taste...I love him because he plays hard every night in a league where that isn't always the case for superstars. He's a fantastic dude off the court too.

I get why people don't like him as a player...but I don't get why people hate him as much as they do.

LeBron gets a lot of hate too for a dude who seems to be a fantastic person.
Deleted User 295

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:23 am To be fair, what were the questions that lead to those respective quotes? I'm sure Schroder was asked specifically about Paul, while Westbrook was likely asked about his own game.
Yes. Westbrook was ejected last night after freaking out on refs and half the GS team.

I'll try to find the video...he's talking to GS bench angrily and Wiggins is just sitting there kind of staring wide eyed at him. Pretty funny reaction. Klay, who is usually quick to get in the middle just kind of sits there laughing letting Russ vent.

He's a good dude. He whines way too much though. I get it sometimes, but everyone has foul calls missed against them. It's not a conspiracy against him personally.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:38 am
He's a good dude. He whines way too much though.
That describes 95% of the NBA, lol.
Deleted User 295

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:00 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:38 am
He's a good dude. He whines way too much though.
That describes 95% of the NBA, lol.
No doubt about it. It's just part of the game now. Guys must watch too much euro league soccer?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:07 am Meanwhile:

"I just got to control myself, that's it, control myself," Westbrook said. "But I'm not backing down. I'm not. I wasn't raised that way. So I don't back to nobody, fear nobody but God, that's it. Fear no man but God. I'll always protect myself under any situation, but I also got to be smarter and understand what's on the line for me. Or what's my legacy, who's watching me, my kids, my family. Make sure that I'm representing my family very, very well."

"I'm at the basket more than probably anybody since I've been in the league -- I got no free throws today," he said. "But ideally I just got to keep going. ... That's just what it is. I'm OK with it. I'm a guy that's going to compete every single night. I'll go out and play my game and find ways to be effective. If they blow the whistle, they do. They don't, who cares? I cannot allow it to affect who I am as a person and what I'm representing and who I am, so that's on me."
westbrook in one of a kind. in some ways i admire and respect his game. in some ways I think he is just a dumbass. like what in the fuck is he even talking about? what is he protecting himself from? why does every NBA player try to portray this "I don't back down from anybody" image... when nothing is happening. nobody is fighting. and all that is really going on is someone losing their cool and acting a fool because they didn't get a foul call that they felt entitled to
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

2 1st rounders and Wiggins for Giannis?
Steph, Klay, Draymond, Giannis.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Milwaukee would demand Klay as part of the package and GS would be pretty stupid to let that hold a hypothetical deal up.
Deleted User 295

Maybe they'd demand Klay or maybe they'll come to the realization that Giannis is going to leave so they might as well get something for him?

It's not like Wiggins some picks and some support pieces is a shabby package for a team that may get nothing for the guy if they ride the train until the end of the tracks and he bounces somewhere in free agency.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Breaking news: everyone wants Giannis.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:43 am Maybe they'd demand Klay or maybe they'll come to the realization that Giannis is going to leave so they might as well get something for him?

It's not like Wiggins some picks and some support pieces is a shabby package for a team that may get nothing for the guy if they ride the train until the end of the tracks and he bounces somewhere in free agency.
They have more than enough chance to keep Giannis before throwing him away for a 1-1 pick in a bad draft year, a 1-30 pick, and a contract that everyone wants to see expire.
Deleted User 295

They have almost no chance of keeping Giannis. They're slowly realizing it. He made the promise people make when they're all emotional, but he's ready to move on soon. I don't think even winning a title will keep him in Milwaukee.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

They have significant leverage $-wise, are something like 40-8, and everyone in the league wants him. No reason to panic and trade him for LaMelo Ball.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Good to see Oubre continues to improve every season, and he's still only 24.
Deleted User 295

So it sure looks like Zion is the real deal thru his 1st 12 games.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

The question with Zion is always going to be health.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:13 pm The question with Zion is always going to be health.
Exactly. I questioned his shooting, but never really assumed it would hold him back. What people should be worried about is the 3 different leg injuries he's had in the last 3 years. Good luck to that 280 lb body using explosive movements after the 5th knee surgery.
Deleted User 295

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 am Milwaukee would demand Klay as part of the package and GS would be pretty stupid to let that hold a hypothetical deal up.
You called it...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8_y4rdFaFl ... pt1s0e7lbn