Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by jhawks99 »

Twilight Zone marathon on Sci Fi today.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Thanks for the heads up 99.
Might be a good diversion from the Twilight Zone marathon we are living in right now. Everyday.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Finished Ozark.

It's not an award-winning show by any means, but for the binge-age we live in, coupled with the 'Rona--that show is built for now and is big-ly entertaining.
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:46 am Finished Ozark.

It's not an award-winning show by any means, but for the binge-age we live in, coupled with the 'Rona--that show is built for now and is big-ly entertaining.
Watched Season 1 and 2, but it was a slog. Dramatic to be dramatic. The conflicts seemed forced, and solutions too convenient. Tried to ride the coattails of Breaking Bad I thought. Also, I can't deal with Bateman being in a serious role. But Linney is fantastic.

Since nothing else to do, will probably watch Season 3 soon.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Vega wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:49 am

Watched Season 1 and 2, but it was a slog. Dramatic to be dramatic. The conflicts seemed forced, and solutions too convenient. Tried to ride the coattails of Breaking Bad I thought. Also, I can't deal with Bateman being in a serious role. But Linney is fantastic.

I'm glad you said it.

I couldn't get through the first season -- even though I think Bateman and Linney are both great. I figured it was just me.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Oh you definitely have to get past the plot holes and unrealistic-ness of it all. Reiterating: it's made for this era of TV.

Season 3 better than Season 2. If you give it a shot, you'll finish it in no time.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Ozark is good not great. Most shows that are watchable are good not great.

The breaking bads and GOT’s are few and far between.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

Anyone seen the Leftovers? Binged it when I started my WFH stint. It was very nihilistic (brutally so), and I'm still not sure I like it. But it's really stuck with me. I think about it daily. I think I might need to watch it again to figure out how I feel about it.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I like Ozark. If you have Showtime access, Succession is fantastic. Looking forward to the new season of Billions as well.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I heard Succession was fantastic. That's definitely on the list.

Still can't get over how good Better Call Saul is. Last night's episode was fantastic. It just keeps getting better.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Finally bcs is living up to the bb name. It’s been a long time coming. The first 4 seasons were disappointing.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:53 pm Finally bcs is living up to the bb name. It’s been a long time coming. The first 4 seasons were disappointing.
And you would be wrong.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:01 pm
Vega wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:49 am

I'm glad you said it.

I couldn't get through the first season -- even though I think Bateman and Linney are both great. I figured it was just me.
I couldn't get thru season 1 of Ozark, either.

Better Call Saul is great. Haven't watched last night's episode yet.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

season 1 of Ozark, imo, was head and shoulders better than season 2
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:16 pm season 1 of Ozark, imo, was head and shoulders better than season 2
I agree. It was a little dark and slow-moving initially, but it ended up being excellent. I'm in the middle of season 3 and am enjoying.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Currently watching Ozark. I can see how people can say it's slow moving, but I'm entertained so far (7 episodes in).

As far as slow moving shows that can't keep attention, Better Call Saul first 2 seasons are right up there at the top. Loved Breaking Bad, so gave it a shot. Just couldn't do it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

This is us is pretty well done for a cheesy family series
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I kind of got into Vietnam the other night, the Ken Burns doc on Netflix. Really well done, and more entertaining than a stuffy history doc could/should/would be.

It's crazy that the country expected so many young Mericans to be dropped into a dense jungle on the other side of the globe, with the adversaries so much better prepared to fight in such conditions. They practically baited us in to ambush situations, over and over, and it's not like the support could differentiate between friend of foe down in the jungle when they were just dropping napalm out of a plane.

Recommended viewing, especially for those who think it's some huge sacrifice that we're called to just stay home and do nothing for a couple weeks...
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:36 pm I kind of got into Vietnam the other night, the Ken Burns doc on Netflix. Really well done, and more entertaining than a stuffy history doc could/should/would be.

It's crazy that the country expected so many young Mericans to be dropped into a dense jungle on the other side of the globe, with the adversaries so much better prepared to fight in such conditions. They practically baited us in to ambush situations, over and over, and it's not like the support could differentiate between friend of foe down in the jungle when they were just dropping napalm out of a plane.

Recommended viewing, especially for those who think it's some huge sacrifice that we're called to just stay home and do nothing for a couple weeks...
Man, that was really good. The detail was pretty incredible. I thought I was fairly well versed in the war, but this blew my mind.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And BTW?

Fuck Netflix.

“It’s a very sad day today,” he wrote. “I have just received news from Netflix that there will be no season 2 of #messiah I wanted to say to all the fans thank you for your support and love. I wish things were different.”...

The series faced some controversy. The Messiah trailer sparked backlash over the name al-Masih, prompting a change.org petition urging a boycott of the series, which did not receive a wide support. Also raising eyebrows in the Middle East was a scene in the series involving shooting on Jerusalem’s sacred Temple Mount.

Then two days before Messiah was to debut on Netflix around the world, The Royal Film Commission of Jordan requested that the drama is not shown in the predominantly Muslim country.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/messiah-ca ... 202893659/
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto