Top 3 in your city

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Top 3 in your city

Post by ousdahl »

Are they as greasy as the look?

especially the one on the left

and not that that’s necessarily a bad thing...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and points for the multiple salsas plus a skillet full of queso
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:35 am Too 3 places I’d take out of towners within 20 min of house:
Ok now I wanna play

1. Indian Peaks Wilderness
2. Fraser Experimental Forest
3. Crooked Creek Saloon

I was gonna put WP resort but that’s way too obvious to y’all, and besides, I barely even hang there any more
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mine were not greasy at all. Lots of salsas. Some are hot, but none are hot enough. I can go pretty crazy hot, and they just didn't get there.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:27 pm
Gqcolorado wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:35 am Too 3 places I’d take out of towners within 20 min of house:
Ok now I wanna play

1. Indian Peaks Wilderness
2. Fraser Experimental Forest
3. Crooked Creek Saloon

I was gonna put WP resort but that’s way too obvious to y’all, and besides, I barely even hang there any more
Thank You.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For sure!

The Indian Peaks are some of the gnarliest alpine backcountry in the world. Assuming, in the spirit of the thread, that it’s up to me to decide what “within 20 min of house” is, I count it cuz the wilderness itself can be accessed via trailhead a block from my house.

The experimental forest has a campground, lots of trails, and public access to St. Louis creek where Eisenhower spent his summers fishing.

The creek has happy hour 3-7 every day, 12-5 on Sundays. 75 cent wings!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Indian Peaks:

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

St. Louis Creek, with Byers Peak in the background. That's a good 12'800 intro to mountaineering.

ETA if you think that creek looks unnaturally low, that's because it is. Fuck you Denver Water.

Last edited by ousdahl on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Creek wings. Buffalo, BBQ, or garlic butter, with ranch or blue cheese:

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I'm sure it's stuff I just don't know(which is just about everything about the high country), but I thought Indian Peaks Wilderness was over by Rollinsville?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so there's here's two parts to the Crooked Creek experience:

there's "creekside," which is this kind of respectable sit down restaurant for y'all, and where those fancy ass tk countertops are installed.

and there's "saloon side," this legit old timey saloon with wooden bars and wooden floors and a pool table and juke box too. This is the side you should go, where the locals hang, and where the legend of Rosie lives on...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The question most frequently asked by visitors to The Crooked Creek Saloon is the identity of the woman in red seductively reclining above the entrance to the bar. Her name is Rosie- a woman of distinguished character, possessed with a spirited appreciation for life. Legend has it that Rosie, daughter of some of the valley’s first homesteaders, turned to practicing the world`s oldest profession after the death of her parents in the flu epidemic of 1898. An enterprising sort. Rosie son opened her own dance hall and saloon and quickly developed a reputation among the railroad workers and loggers as a first class madam. While history (and the ski area) have chosen to remember Mary Jane as the valley’s most famous working girl, discerning patrons from that time would surely argue that Rosie was without peer.

Calamity struck however, in the form of the Great Blizzard of ’09. Trapped inside her saloon by the mounting drifts, Rosie, her girls, and several stranded customers inadvertently caught the building on fire while stoking the furnace in an attempt to stave off the merciless cold for which Fraser is still very much famous. In the darkness, howling wind, and confusion of the fire, the tavern burned entirely to the ground. When the blizzard subsided, local townspeople, keen on burying the memory of their most disreputable establishment, quickly removed the remains of the building. To this day, the exact identities of those who perished with Rosie are still clouded in mystery.

But true to the old saying “You can’t keep a good spirit down”, The Crooked Creek Saloon was built a quarter of a century later on the very site of Rosie’s former domicile. From the earliest moments of the new saloon’s existence, patrons and staff alike have claimed to see ghostly apparitions during the late night hours and particularly when the wind blows and the temperature drops...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:57 pm I'm sure it's stuff I just don't know(which is just about everything about the high country), but I thought Indian Peaks Wilderness was over by Rollinsville?
it is.

but like I said, can be accessed via trailhead a block from my house.
Deleted User 141

I like Brainard Lake, Blue Lake, etc. That's a great park. And easy for people that don't live at elevation.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Mex food around Plano's residence?

1) MesoMaya...Yucatan style food, amazing bar.

2) Blue Goose Cantina. Good food, amazing margs.

3) Gloria's. If you reside in, or someone who know's took you....I don't need to say more.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MesoMaya:

Deleted User 141

That looks good, but have a hard fine eating that much chile all at once. Texture.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:27 am MesoMaya:

When I was a little kid my dog ate a bunch of my crayons. That resembles her vomit and diarrhea.
Just sayin'.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Top 3 fancy restaurants.

Portland ME and surrounding

1. Central Provisions
2. Eventide
3. Fore St
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's a plate from plano's favorite Mexican spot, not mine.