KU v WVU Game Thread

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: KU v WVU Game Thread

Post by holidaysmore »

I hope you are right, Cascadia! I just know that if against the Stater's Kendrick is the starter then we might be tanking for Trevor. Wait, is that possible?
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Sparko, to be fair, you also think the refs screw your favorite team every time the lose a game.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

holidaysmore wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:35 pm I hope you are right, Cascadia! I just know that if against the Stater's Kendrick is the starter then we might be tanking for Trevor. Wait, is that possible?
I'm all for benching Kendrick.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Positives.

Defense looked damn good. Great adjustments and they played hard.

Special teams also looked good.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

In the end, it's a 21 point road loss. All things considered, that's not that bad.

Of course, it's sucks that that's our current state.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Agreed.

Take away the dumpter fire that is the KU offense and that game wasn't that bad at all.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good teams win, great teams cover.

Defense is so damn young, but they play hard and they play with some attitude.

Offense has been atrocious without a solid QB choice.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:36 pm Sparko, to be fair, you also think the refs screw your favorite team every time the lose a game.
No. But KU has decades of sub mediocrity which means we rarely get calls. Having watched decades of football, have seen very few meaningful calls that went our way.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Is Pooka Shell Williams a fraud? Maybe not, after all, the dude did have 21 yards more rushing and 7 yards more receiving than I did today.
Do we blame Dearmon? Or me?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Dearmon. Need a change.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Dearmon has had 10 games as OC with one of the worst programs and personel in all of college football.

Yep, let's fire him and start over again!
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Just an FYI Eargle mentioned that MacVittie was available today. Not sure if that is worse on the coaching staff or MacVittie.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I'm almost always in favor of sticking with the QB you chose and try to build his confidence, but Hendrick today was definitely worthy of being yanked. I still can't get over that INT when he threw into 4 defenders. That throw is just completely inexcusable and, to me, is a sign of a player who clearly doesn't have his head in the game. And, he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire before that throw.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:30 pm Just an FYI Eargle mentioned that MacVittie was available today. Not sure if that is worse on the coaching staff or MacVittie.
I wonder if CondorAzule is on to something in that Les not being there handcuffed the staff to a game plan.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:47 pm Dearmon. Need a change.
No. I know we've learned every single different way how to not succeed, but surely we know by now that changing shit up left and right with coordinators is not getting it done.

Half this board wanted Eliot sacked a year ago.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:19 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:30 pm Just an FYI Eargle mentioned that MacVittie was available today. Not sure if that is worse on the coaching staff or MacVittie.
I wonder if CondorAzule is on to something in that Les not being there handcuffed the staff to a game plan.
If that’s the case prepare for another head coaching search in three years. Les talked a big game about learning from his past mistakes but old habits die hard.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Firing dearmon would be a mistake. That fixes nothing. That being said, he deserves every ounce if criticism being thrown at him. No one expects us to get 55 points a game, but we should be able to pick up some first downs occasionally. We have skill position guys who are good, even with below average qbs and o-line a good OC can get more.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:06 pm , but we should be able to pick up some first downs occasionally.
This is really sad.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Dearmon may be the worst offensive coordinator we have had though. I am in the camp where we need stability and consistency. But good lord has he been epically bad. If you can think of ways to get Pooka and Gardner in space. . . .

My guess is that every single coach watched the CC games and said, "Oh."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Some of us are old enough to remember Nick Quartaro. Then Les Koenning was just a year ago.