Uncle Joe

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't know but, maybe the upcoming summit with DDD's former boss has something to do with that.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

TDub wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:49 pm Didnt think presidents were allowed to drive.....even after presidency
You are correct but I am pretty sure they are allowed to drive on "private" property.
At least I know Bush Jr and Reagan were/are.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Guess which potus the Catholic Church don’t wanna give communion to no more…
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:08 pm Guess which potus the Catholic Church don’t wanna give communion to no more…
Their stance on abortion is not new. I'm guessing Dementia Joe was aware of that prior to this week. You know - the thing.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Isn’t it actually sorta new, tho? Relative to their whole millennia old history.

At the very least, their fanatical zero-sun politicization of it is
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:48 am Isn’t it actually sorta new, tho? Relative to their whole millennia old history.

At the very least, their fanatical zero-sun politicization of it is
I don't think they've ever been shy about denying Communion to people who fail to meet expectations. I'm not condoning it by any means. Just pointing out that it should not be a surprise to a lifelong Catholic like Biden.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I suppose.

I mean, denying communion is why I stopped attending mass.

It’s ironic too, cuz denying communion is just sooo Christlike. Like tooootally wut the gospels iz all about.

If only they were as zealous about condemning pedophilia as they are about abortion
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:05 am I suppose.

I mean, denying communion is why I stopped attending mass.

It’s ironic too, cuz denying communion is just sooo Christlike. Like tooootally wut the gospels iz all about.

If only they were as zealous about condemning pedophilia as they are about abortion
Agreed on all counts.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Dementia Joe says more about the poster above than the poster above has to say. Jeebus. Where do we get such men?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:39 pm Dementia Joe says more about the poster above than the poster above has to say. Jeebus. Where do we get such men?
So, you think he’s got all of his cognitive faculties intact, then? ‘Cause you may be the only one.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You mean he’s not a stable genius?
Deleted User 863

Come on man!

Uncle Joe just wants to relax at the pool this summer and let all the little kiddies play with his leg hairs. Let the man live!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/24/politics ... index.html

holy shit...if true, this might be the best evidence yet that Biden is the right person for the job

bipartisan progress
Deleted User 863

Hopefully they can build some momentum off this agreement and really get some good things done. There needs to be some urgency to actually do good things that the majority of americans regardless of party want, on environmental stuff especially (both domestically and globally).

Often times it feels like the stuff that should be slam dunks end up being used as bargaining chips in partisan politics as usual and then it prevents or delays good things getting accomplished.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

There is just so much reluctance by the GOP to vote for anything proposed by a Dem or to be seen as working with them on anything. Any bipartisan work is inevitably used against them at reelection time. So this is really big if it comes through.
Deleted User 863

Insert eye roll .gif here.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:01 pm There is just so much reluctance by the GOP to vote for anything proposed by a Dem or to be seen as working with them on anything. Any bipartisan work is inevitably used against them at reelection time. So this is really big if it comes through.
I'm hopeful this deal is real, but I'll believe it when GOP Senators actually cast their vote.

Any GOP Senator who supports this deal will face backlash from constituents, trumpers and other GOP Senators.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:01 pm There is just so much reluctance by the GOP to vote for anything proposed by a Dem or to be seen as working with them on anything. Any bipartisan work is inevitably used against them at reelection time.
i think that works both ways. or maybe i am wrong.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"