Patrick Mahomes

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Post by Sparko »

There is some smoke and mirrors about Burrow. Like the underthrows to Chase. He also can throw to spots on the field and end zone where his tall receivers have a pretty easy high point catch. You have to limit his spot throwing like the Chiefs did. But those Bengal receivers are awesome. And they win the 50-50 balls and spot throws mostly.

Mahomes is a deflection shooter who hits helmets 40 yards away while diving.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:29 am
pdub wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:05 pm No receivers.
Injured TE.
On one ankle.

Stud.
Yes, he's unquestionably a stud but....

You are showing no respect to MVS by saying "no receivers". Still incredible that by the end of the game Mahomes really didn't have any reliable "receivers" (he still had TEs and RBs) other than MVS - and still had 29 completions and threw for 326 yards.

None of us know how injured Kelce really was (or wasn't). My uneducated guess is he probably was no more "injured" than 50% of the people who played in the game last night. Yes, playing TE with a bad back is a huge hindrance but was his pain level at a 0, 1, 2, 3 ,4 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10? Seems whatever it was, he was clearly able to play and play well.

Mahomes had more than one ankle. Sure, one ankle wasn't good but he still had two ankles. He kind of proved that on what many may feel was the most important play of the game.

P.S. Thanks for not disappointing me! :)

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:51 am

You have to be happier than a pig in shit.
You continue to rightfully point out Mahomes will probably not be 100% healthy - so you have an excuse if the Chiefs lose.
If they win, then you can elevate Mahome's greatness even more.
Amiright? ;)

P.S.S. This made me laugh.
MVS has never finished a season with more than 690 yards. The Bengals had 3 players get more yards than that just this season. I am super happy for MVS and how he balled out last night. he was amazing. But he is a WR3 or worse on most NFL rosters.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's pretty pointless arguing but I do think Kelce was actually injured and his back had seized up on him like the Chiefs said it did ( no, I don't think it was a lie for game tactics ), Mahomes was actually injured and actually had a high ankle sprain ( again, no, I don't think it was a lie ) and you could see it affect him ( he barely tried scrambling, even behind the line of scrimmage ) and MVS was our last remaining starting WR out there.

In terms of our WRs yesterday, we were missing our 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th WRs in yards per game.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we can just get Ju Ju and Justin Watson back, I think we'll be ok.
I don't think Skyy is ready ( and he may never be ).
We've done without Hardman a lot of the season and you can't count on Toney to stay healthy.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:23 am It's pretty pointless arguing but I do think Kelce was actually injured and his back had seized up on him like the Chiefs said it did ( no, I don't think it was a lie for game tactics ), Mahomes was actually injured and actually had a high ankle sprain ( again, no, I don't think it was a lie ) and you could see it affect him ( he barely tried scrambling, even behind the line of scrimmage ) and MVS was our last remaining starting WR out there.

In terms of our WRs yesterday, we were missing our 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th WRs in yards per game.
No argument from me (especially in regards to Mahomes being a stud) - I just posted some "buts" in response to your minimizing and maximizing perspective/s.

While Mahomes deserves all the praise in the world, the beautiful thing was it was a team win and off the top of my head...
Kelce was a stud.
MVS was a stud.
Jones was a stud.
Pacheco was a stud.
McDuffie, Watson, Williams, and Cook were studs.

Not sure why but last night seemed sort of surreal to me. The reality is sinking in more today. It really was a balls out effort when the Chiefs had so much going against them.
I didn't think all of the Bengals (and Cinci Mayor) talk had much of a bearing on the Chiefs leading up to the game but it sure seems I was wrong. Moral of the story is don't EVER wake a sleeping giant.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Re Patrick Mahomes, on CBS mornings show Tony Dokoupil said the Philadelphia Eagle’s quarterback will be the first black quarterback to play in the Superbowl?!?
Apparently Tony didn’t know this will be Mahomes third Superbowl in four years.😕
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

dolomite wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:56 pm Re Patrick Mahomes, on CBS mornings show Tony Dokoupil said the Philadelphia Eagle’s quarterback will be the first black quarterback to play in the Superbowl?!?
Apparently Tony didn’t know this will be Mahomes third Superbowl in four years.😕
The first statement is just not true.

Perhaps he meant that it's the first SB with 2 black QB's, which very well could be true.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:01 pm
dolomite wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:56 pm Re Patrick Mahomes, on CBS mornings show Tony Dokoupil said the Philadelphia Eagle’s quarterback will be the first black quarterback to play in the Superbowl?!?

Perhaps he meant that it's the first SB with 2 black QB's, which very well could be true.
It is true.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:07 pm

It is true.
I started thinking about the black QB's that have played in SB and thought that it probably was true. And, even though it might sound like a strange thing to point out in 2023, the history of the league in terms of race and the handling by teams of the QB position makes it a pretty monumental moment.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 pm

It is true.
I started thinking about the black QB's that have played in SB and thought that it probably was true. And, even though it might sound like a strange thing to point out in 2023, the history of the league in terms of race and the handling by teams of the QB position makes it a pretty monumental moment.
Maybe the league should celebrate its inclusiveness by having Bienemy interview for literally every single HC job (open or otherwise).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

If that's what he said, Tony Dokoupil made a huge mistake. I'm not a sharp guy and I have a crappy memory but I know Doug Williams was the first Black QB to play in the Super Bowl. I also know Mahomes is Black and Russell Wilson, Steve McNair, Cam Newton, and Colin Kaepernick have played in the Super Bowl. I forget, did Cunningham ever play in the Super Bowl? I know Vick, Moon, and others did not.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:33 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 pm
It is true.
Maybe the league should celebrate its inclusiveness by having Bienemy interview for literally every single HC job (open or otherwise).
And then someone please hire him.
Give us that 3rd round draft pick.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Every Chiefs fan should hold a place in their heart for the Bears.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... -nfl-draft
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mahomes and Andy Reid were necessary to move the needle though. Nagy would eventually be in Chicago, but he wasn't there when they had a chance to ruin Mahomes' confidence. Fields is the real deal and they better focus on protecting him and building a solid group around him.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:04 am Pat Sr. enjoying the snark.

https://twitter.com/aaronladd0/status/1 ... 8050780160
Wow. Never seen his dad before.

Between the dad and the brother. Just wow.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:07 am

You have never seen his dad? Really?
Then don't tell me you're a Chiefs fan and don't tell me you're a Cubs fan. :?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Definitely not a cubs fan.

After becoming familiar with the wife and brother, I have avoided his family in an effort not to tarnish how I feel about Patrick.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:24 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:07 am

You have never seen his dad? Really?
Then don't tell me you're a Chiefs fan and don't tell me you're a Cubs fan. :?
I mean, he pitched maybe 30 innings for the Cubs total so not too memorable there but yeah, Mahomes' Dad was on TV a lot in their Super Bowl win coverage.

The whole family is kinda "Trashy Texans with money" but they seem to be good, harmless people. My guess is that a family BBQ would be a bit cringy to a visitor but Mahomes is so damn amazing at this whole NFL QB thing that I don't care at all. We all have some weirdos in our family trees somewhere.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NE sports radio call ins are loosing it up here now.
Saying the NFL is rigged and they wanted two black quarterbacks in the Super Bowl so they let the Chiefs win.

This is blind to so many factors:

1. Officiating favored the Chiefs. Did they forget that there was a TD taken off the bored for the Chiefs from a penalty, a challenge for a potential TD not ruled in the Chiefs favor, an interception taken off the board from a penalty that led to points for the Bengals, and multiple missed holds on crucial situations when our DLine was owning their depleted OLine and swarming Burrow.

What are we basing the favoritism on? The 3rd down re-do was very poorly handled, I agree, but it led to a punt from the Chiefs. The hit out of bounds was clearly a penalty.

2. If they wanted 2 black quarterbacks in the Super Bowl, what the hell happened last year?!

3. So if this is really a thing, how does it work? Do all the owners know? When do they determine who they want to win? At the start of the season? Or is it game by game? Who decides? Why hasn't there ever been a leak that this is happening?