Scott Drew sucks

Kansas Basketball.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Scott Drew sucks

Post by jhawks99 »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:19 pm A good many on Rupp Rafters want Scott Drew as the next UK basketball coach. 🤣
I saw one of them wanted Bruce Weber. I hope that dude gets his wish.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:19 pm A good many on Rupp Rafters want Scott Drew as the next UK basketball coach. 🤣
That's because UK and it's fans, suck
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

lol, a perfect fit. and its also hilarious because they would swear he's a great coach since he had a modicum of success somewhere but they'd turn on him in year 2 when he doesn't win the tourney. would be phenomenal.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I hope Baylor wins for the sake of the big 12. Its good for us for the league to look strong
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's mostly good for the league if the league "looks" strong.

KU has won for quite literally 120 years.

We have been around Scott Drew for 20 years. He has sucked and KU has not.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:15 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:35 am Scott drew has his hands fill with those tar heels tomorrow. They've been playing well, awfully confident. The Duke game.. then they whooped the fuck out of their first round opponent.
(Reminded me of the way I toss phd around on the message boards)
How much crow will you suck if your boi looses?
More than Scott Drew sucks?
on this message board I expect to get a lot of crow even if Baylor doesn't lose until the final 4, but it wouldn't be warranted.

So let say Baylor loses tomorrow. Here's the facts. Scott drew had a "rebuilding team" that lost 4 starters and the majority of their production from last year. With a rebuilding team, fresh off a national championship, he went out and tied with KU to win a share of the big 12 regular season, was named conference coach of the year, earned a 1 seed in the ncaa tournament, before being upset by a very hot 8 seed. Scott drew also had numerous injury issues this season, including losing one of his key players for the season to a serious knee injury.

So even worst case scenario Scott drew loses to North Carolina, and people wanna continue the Scott drew sucks fun and games, the facts have already proven to any sensible person that Scott drew is a pretty good coach
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Perception-wise, Big 12 basketball has "looked" probably the best it ever has from 2016 - 2022.

That period also coincides with KU not being nearly as dominant in no small part because other Big 12 asshats like Drew and Weber have been negative recruiting KU on the recruiting trial during that time.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:00 pm It's mostly good for the league if the league "looks" strong.

KU has won for quite literally 120 years.

We have been around Scott Drew for 20 years. He has sucked and KU has not.
Well its good for ku to be in a strong league. Helps them improve playing good competition. But yes I agree KU was doing just fine before Scott drew. But Baylor being a yearly contender is a good thing for us and the league
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Baylor was preseason ranked #8 and they finished the regular season at #4.

UCLA, Villanova, Texas, and UMich were all ranked above Baylor in preseason poll.

Move over John Wooden.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Well, that stretch we also were missing out on top guys cuz of the NCAA’s keystone kop investigations, and also injury.

Healthy Dok would have been huge in 2017 and 19.

A full year of Billy in 18 (maybe more) would have been big as well.

Heck, maybe if it weren’t for a 6th grade report card, Self could have gotten around to not giving minutes to Diallo even sooner too.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:05 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:35 am Scott drew has his hands fill with those tar heels tomorrow. They've been playing well, awfully confident. The Duke game.. then they whooped the fuck out of their first round opponent.
on this message board I expect to get a lot of crow even if Baylor doesn't lose until the final 4, but it wouldn't be warranted.

So let say Baylor loses tomorrow. Here's the facts. Scott drew had a "rebuilding team" that lost 4 starters and the majority of their production from last year. With a rebuilding team, fresh off a national championship, he went out and tied with KU to win a share of the big 12 regular season, was named conference coach of the year, earned a 1 seed in the ncaa tournament, before being upset by a very hot 8 seed. Scott drew also had numerous injury issues this season, including losing one of his key players for the season to a serious knee injury.

So even worst case scenario Scott drew loses to North Carolina, and people wanna continue the Scott drew sucks fun and games, the facts have already proven to any sensible person that Scott drew is a pretty good coach
Blah blah blah Scott Drew sucks something something.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I've heard that as well.

That he sucks, I mean.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:06 pm Perception-wise, Big 12 basketball has "looked" probably the best it ever has from 2016 - 2022.

That period also coincides with KU not being nearly as dominant in no small part because other Big 12 asshats like Drew and Weber have been negative recruiting KU on the recruiting trial during that time.
Ouch. That FBI stuff has grown old.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Weber was recruiting the same players as us?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sabotaging more like.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:44 pm Weber was recruiting the same players as us?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remember when Weber was in the Final Four with Selfs players?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:11 am Remember when Weber was in the Final Four with Selfs players?
They almost fucked around and won a title four him. That was an awesome team honestly.

Deron Williams and that little guard dee brown, Luther head, Powell, think there was an Augustin, whoever the fuck else
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:05 pm

If Bill Self won the title this year and then lost 4 starters, no one in their right mind would say they were "rebuilding".

That should always be seen as a reload unless you were a fluke national title winner, which they werent, or a coach that isn't respected yet.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:57 pm I hope Baylor wins for the sake of the big 12. Its good for us for the league to look strong
I hope the Big 12 teams all win because it makes KU look better, it's good bragging rights on other fan bases and KU gets more money in tournament revenue.