Refs

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Refs

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:01 pm "But we're definitely all in agreement that refs suck and that it sucks when our teams get burned by their inconsistency. Hopefully we either start playing well enough that their shitty call at a key time doesn't hurt us bad enough to lose a game like we have in a few past games, we avoid getting a shitty call made that hurts us at a key time like we have in a lot of past games, or we benefit from the shitty call like we have in a few past games."

OK, we're on to something here, almost there.
Just say, "the refs have sucked more so than usual these last two games in favor of our opponents and it's likely affected the outcome of the games" without the "BUT......." and we are there.
That's all we are trying to say.
I'll try to keep my comments more closely aligned to your feelings so as to not drag the board through a week of pointless back and forths... can't believe this is still going.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If I'm not mistaken, you jumped in yesterday to keep us ( JFish and I were discussing the call ) in check.

"Every fan base in every sport has a list of games that they feel they lost due to the shitty, erratic and/ inconsistent performance by the referees. It's part of every sport that has refs."

That's probably why it is still going.
Two, tango.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:16 am If I'm not mistaken, you jumped in yesterday to keep us ( JFish and I were discussing the call ) in check.

"Every fan base in every sport has a list of games that they feel they lost due to the shitty, erratic and/ inconsistent performance by the referees. It's part of every sport that has refs."

That's probably why it is still going.
Two, tango.
Yes, you are mistaken. It's not an attempt to keep anyone in check. I never told anyone they were wrong or bad fans. Post whatever whiny shit you want. You're going to no matter what I say so why would I be delusional enough to waste my time hoping to get you to stop?

I just have a different perspective in that I don't get excessively bothered by bad calls or feel there is any sort of deliberate nature to them.

Refs suck. They are inconsistent. They fuck up calls that cost teams ganes sometimes. We have conversations about that in every sport we talk about here. Chiefs games, KU games, Royals games, random games between teams none of us care about. Being aware of those facts doesn't mean I am trying to keep you in check. I just don't get as heated about it as you. Maybe I am old and have bigger problems in my life so these things don't bother me as much as they do you, I don't know.

You call it "a legit beef", I call it "whiny shit". As you said "it's message board banter. People disagree."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As you said "it's message board banter. People disagree."

Absolutely.
But then why post, "can't believe this is still going..."
It's still going because it's message board banter and you're still bantering.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Some things are just such flashpoints that they keep fans going for years. Good to have a place to vent with other fans.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Sparko wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:42 pm Some things are just such flashpoints that they keep fans going for years. Good to have a place to vent with other fans.
Right. Because when I vent to my wife she just tells me to shut up and goes in the other room.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Yeah. You have to give a crap about sports and teams.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

The refs were atrocious in the Bengals/Vikes game - and they were just morons in the Steelers/Colts game. My 90 year old mother is unemployed. Perhaps the NFL can/should hire her to be a ref at a discount. She can't do any worse.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Reid fined 100k.
Mahomes 50.
Fuck off 150 thousand times NFL.

Andy was right and more with this comment, “…a bit embarrassing in the National Football League”.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Mahomes needs a GoFundMe
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:44 pm Reid fined 100k.
Mahomes 50.

Andy was right and more with this comment, “…a bit embarrassing in the National Football League”.
Don't shoot the messenger but right or wrong, it seems the consensus is at the end of the day it is/was more embarrassing for Toney, Mahomes, Reid, and the way the Chiefs handled the entire situation, than the way the NFL handled it.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Chiefs have become good enough to become the villains.

Fine with it.

I’m very solid in my opinion it was an embarrassment of a call at that point in time and no amount of convincing will even slightly change my mind. I’m glad Andy called it out.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:15 pm
Mahomes 50.

Don't shoot the messenger but right or wrong, it seems the consensus is at the end of the day it is/was more embarrassing for Toney, Mahomes, Reid, and the way the Chiefs handled the entire situation, than the way the NFL handled it.
consensus according to whom?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:00 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:15 pm
Mahomes 50.

consensus according to whom?
Great question!
Maybe most people other than the Chiefs fans who got hard or wet because Uncle Travy was banging Tay Tay - and now realize the Chiefs are 1-3 since he flew to Argentina because he was pussy whipped?

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Already a trash call.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

In red zone. Cost the Chiefs 7-points. 26 yard penalty. This has been an all-year pattern
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

EVERY game Fields gets hit late and EVERY game the refs don't call it. Not as big of a deal if/when the non-call doesn't have a bearing on the final outcome of the game in regards to it being the difference between a W and an L but it's still aggravating.

https://twitter.com/CHGO_Bears/status/1 ... 2004954191

This was the Hail Mary he's referring to right before half time. Not the Hail Mary at the end of the game.

https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/ ... 3058786751
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Definitely a late hit there.
I saw the end of the game.
Mooney.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:45 am Definitely a late hit there.
I saw the end of the game.
Mooney.
Earlier Mooney had a bad drop and a terrible effort on a block. Not a good game for the young man.
My beef with him is that he had an "oh well" attitude after the game.
The not funny thing is he and Toney will probably be on different teams next season - and do very well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Toney can’t do well on an offense that desperately needs him and has Andy Reid coaching and Patrick Mahomes at QB then I don’t see him making much of a mark anywhere else next season.