22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

My guess is it's been discussed somewhere on this site but I'm too lazy to search for it.
What happened with Mark Adams and some of his players?
I know several kids such as McCullar and Shannon bolted. Call me crazy but I believe Tech could (would?) have been a top 10 (top 5?) team if the kids who left had stayed.
I just looked this morning and Shannon is absolutely lighting it up at Illinois. Bad joke is the kid had zero D1 scholarship offers when he was a senior in High School playing in Chicago.
As Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter wrote..... Goes to show, you don't ever know, watch each card you play and play it slow, wait until that deal come round.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

depending on the year, tejass is usually the 2-3-4th best team in their home state.

i don't like tejass. and i hope they crash and burn their way out the door.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think we are better than Texas.

I think we are the best team in the country right now.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Man. I'm not even convinced we're the 2nd best team in the Big 12.

The holes on offense are just too glaring.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:36 am I think we are the best team in the country right now.
Uh. Probs not.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's november 17, so i am not going to declare much of anything. other than, in this young season, we have as good a win as anybody else does. so far in this young season.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Let’s not make any opinion on any team until after the tournament is over.

Then claim it’s rigged.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:52 am Man. I'm not even convinced we're the 2nd best team in the Big 12.

But the defense is elite.

We have 2 of the best individual defenders in the entire country on our team.

We have 2 players who played major roles on a national championship winning team. And a few more who didn't play a lot, but were still part of that team.

I think right now, we are the best team in the country.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:20 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:52 am Man. I'm not even convinced we're the 2nd best team in the Big 12.

We have 2 players who played major roles on a national championship winning team. And a few more who didn't play a lot, but were still part of that team.

That's some good spin and mostly true. Reality is that last season's results were mostly due to the players we lost, not brought back.

It's way early, and I'm hopeful, especially having Dick in the mix. But last year isn't going to beat any team we play this year or fix the offense. We look like one of those very tough Texas Tech teams that couldn't do big things because they couldn't score.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's november 17, so i am not going to declare much of anything. other than, we have as good a win as anybody else does so far in this young season. and, we have no good losses.

there are a lot of good teams out there with good losses. we ain't one of em.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:27 am

That's some good spin and mostly true. Reality is that last season's results were mostly due to the players we lost, not brought back.

It's way early, and I'm hopeful, especially having Dick in the mix. But last year isn't going to beat any team we play this year or fix the offense. We look like one of those very tough Texas Tech teams that couldn't do big things because they couldn't score.
We just beat one of the 5-7 best teams in the country. Without our head coach. Shooting 16% from 3pt. Shooting less than 60% from FT line, while only shooting 7 total FTs. And turning the ball over 15 times.

We just did a big thing, against a big team, while not being able to score.

I think we will be able to score most games. We just won one of the handful of really bad offensive games we will have. Against Duke.

The experience our returning players gained last year is valuable. They don't panic. And the young guys will follow the lead of Jalen and DH. I disagree last year's results were "mostly" due to who we lost, even though Och and CB were definitely our 2 best players. We don't win the national title last year without DH and JW. They were 2 of our top 5 (or 6, at worst) players.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:04 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:27 am

We just beat one of the 5-7 best teams in the country. Without our head coach. Shooting 16% from 3pt. Shooting less than 60% from FT line, while only shooting 7 total FTs. And turning the ball over 15 times.

We just did a big thing, against a big team, while not being able to score.

I think we will be able to score most games. We just won one of the handful of really bad offensive games we will have. Against Duke.

The experience our returning players gained last year is valuable. They don't panic. And the young guys will follow the lead of Jalen and DH. I disagree last year's results were "mostly" due to who we lost, even though Och and CB were definitely our 2 best players. We don't win the national title last year without DH and JW. They were 2 of our top 5 (or 6, at worst) players.
Duke was not very good. Preseason rankings are projections of where teams will finish the season. Duke's preseason ranking was a projection of how they will do with a healthy Lively and Whitehead playing.

But, I mostly agree with MICH here, this is pointless, with absolutely no way to prove it right or wrong. And, I obviously hope you are right.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

We're going to lose a few games we shouldn't.....but, we usually do.

Im more optimistic than I was anytime this summer.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:39 am My guess is it's been discussed somewhere on this site but I'm too lazy to search for it.
What happened with Mark Adams and some of his players?
I know several kids such as McCullar and Shannon bolted. Call me crazy but I believe Tech could (would?) have been a top 10 (top 5?) team if the kids who left had stayed.
I just looked this morning and Shannon is absolutely lighting it up at Illinois. Bad joke is the kid had zero D1 scholarship offers when he was a senior in High School playing in Chicago.
As Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter wrote..... Goes to show, you don't ever know, watch each card you play and play it slow, wait until that deal come round.
Never would've pegged you as a deadhead
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Whos potentially ahead of us?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I think we finish the season about where we normally do. Top 2 of the big 12 and competing for a 1 or 2 seed in the ncaa tourney

The big difference is this team is gonna win a lot of ugly games where our defense has to carry us more than normal
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't think i am trying to say this is pointless. i think i am trying to say.......we are just getting started. and so far so good.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:34 am

UT. Maybe Baylor. Not TCU, lol. Maybe Tech.

Will be a tough league again. Last year of round robin.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:40 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:34 am

UT. Maybe Baylor. Not TCU, lol. Maybe Tech.

Will be a tough league again. Last year of round robin.
I was just seeing if you could bring yourself to say Baylor lol. Your boy Scott drews team
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A good argument that Baylor has the best talent in the league (Texas close), but Drew will hold them back, so can't put them 1.