Contributor

Re: Big Dick Energy

Post by TDub »

I hate this thread title.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

First time grady has a bad game ousdahl is going to start the sister thread "small dick energy"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:14 pm I hate this thread title.
I actually kind of like it because it's pretty timely, and I think there is some traction with it being an actual nickname for GD.

Gradey was at the OSU game wearing a customized KU football jersey with his name and number on it. That is some BDE.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:33 pm
I actually kind of like it because it's pretty timely, and I think there is some traction with it being an actual nickname for GD.

Gradey was at the OSU game wearing a customized KU football jersey with his name and number on it. That is some BDE.
yea well...im not in charge of the nicknames and I'm not collegiate age. But I won't be calling him that...seems like some stupid fucking tiktok challenge name or something. Its dumb.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:42 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:33 pm

yea well...im not in charge of the nicknames and I'm not collegiate age. But I won't be calling him that...seems like some stupid fucking tiktok challenge name or something. Its dumb.
It's currently a very popular saying and a very popular song. The context here is dick jokes, which are as old as mankind and get lame very quickly--so that's why I say this one is at least timely.

Always cracks me up when old white radio and tv announcers are trying to hand out nicknames to young college athletes (in person!) with references from like 70's movies or even Seinfeld or some shit.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

100% convinced Joe College would be selling a crap load of "I LOVE DICK" shirts if they were still open.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Gradey has good size at 6'8", and brings a lot of energy to the game.

I dunno what else you guys are talking about.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

going back to the Mason, Och discussion...

on a different but semi-related note..I think Dotson is very underrated. Dude was a sophomore. Got robbed of leading us to a title.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:31 pmI think Dotson is very underrated. Dude was a sophomore. Got robbed of leading us to a title.
Very underrated. Led the league in scoring and steals, iirc. Really needed his scoring. The 2020 team was a really good offense, but not the juggernaut that some of our past teams have been. Thought he was our best player for the entire season, but Udoka was better during conference. Robbed is an understatement.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Gradey’s nickname should be “locker boxer”

cuz Dick can take the ball to the hole
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The group game texts already are full of Dick jokes.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dick's good enough and a complete enough game that I kinda get the feeling Self would still be giving him a ton of minutes even if he otherwise wasn't an elite shooter.

https://twitter.com/AintNoSeatsPod/stat ... kEzlBfIDlA
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:44 am Dick's good enough and a complete enough game that I kinda get the feeling Self would still be giving him a ton of minutes even if he otherwise wasn't an elite shooter.

https://twitter.com/AintNoSeatsPod/stat ... kEzlBfIDlA
Good point. That's what I've been so impressed with. We all knew he could shoot. But his overall game is good. He just has such a natural feel and high basketball IQ. That is hard to teach
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm gonna be the first person to make the grady dick/ klay Thompson comparison
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:44 am Dick's good enough and a complete enough game that I kinda get the feeling Self would still be giving him a ton of minutes even if he otherwise wasn't an elite shooter.
Needs to get a touch quicker on defense, but I agree, it would be foolish to label him as just a shooter. But, I hope Scott Drew and all the other dummies do.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

you gotta figure getting a touch quicker on defense is something that can and will happen, too.

Get him that D1 conditioning.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

It'll happen over time, but his time at KU will be short. The offseason is where people seem to have more of the physical transformation/improvement happen. It's going to be a busy season for him from now until March/April.

Looks like he will surely work his way into/keep himself in lotto status.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think he gets effectively quicker this season just by adjusting to the speed and learning the assignments, meaning less thinking.

I also think NIL could keep him at KU for another season. Obviously, that's way down the road from now.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

does that mean the anti-NIL Certified Amateur bros would be pissed to have Dick back as a sophomore?

meh whatever, yea let's worry about that down the road. That'll be a good something to bicker about next offseason.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:07 am
Needs to get a touch quicker on defense, but I agree, it would be foolish to label him as just a shooter. But, I hope Scott Drew and all the other dummies do.
Yeah I doubt any of the big 12 coaches will scout KU this season...