Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:33 am I'm still waiting to see if Robert f Kennedy Jr actually runs. If so he might be the first Democrat candidate ive endorsed in awhile. If not vivek is probably the best candidate I've seen so far. Better than biden or Trump thats for sure
Why would you support RFKjr.?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:43 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:33 am I'm still waiting to see if Robert f Kennedy Jr actually runs. If so he might be the first Democrat candidate ive endorsed in awhile. If not vivek is probably the best candidate I've seen so far. Better than biden or Trump thats for sure
Why would you support RFKjr.?
I agree with his mindset on a lot of things. If he actually runs, I'll give him his own thread and discuss it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

omg…his own thread
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I dunno.
I want to vote for Summer…she promised glitter dispensers in the girls restrooms
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

We want to set a maximum of 8 years of service for the people who have jobs requiring expertise.

That's gotta be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. And I read KCrim.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:26 pm We want to set a maximum of 8 years of service for the people who have jobs requiring expertise.

This is dumb. Career politicians... the longer they are around, the more corrupt they are. Look at the Pelosis, McConnells of the world. Thats what we wanna avoid
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:26 pm We want to set a maximum of 8 years of service for the people who have jobs requiring expertise.

Thank you President Wilson
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:28 pm

This is dumb. Career politicians... the longer they are around, the more corrupt they are. Look at the Pelosis, McConnells of the world. Thats what we wanna avoid
You do know the difference between bureaucrats and representatives... right?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I didn't have an issue with not having term limits on Congress...until Citizens United.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the idea that it takes experience, particularly when running a country like the US (i mean, just foreign policy alone), appears to have been completely lost on some

but hey, #s of clicks/shares/views/likes rules the day

(or somethin)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I have no problem with congressional term limits.
That's not what he's talking about.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:44 am the idea that it takes experience, particularly when running a country like the US (i mean, just foreign policy alone), appears to have been completely lost on some

(or somethin)
lulz

Howz that foreign policy workin' out for the experts?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:56 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:44 am the idea that it takes experience, particularly when running a country like the US (i mean, just foreign policy alone), appears to have been completely lost on some

(or somethin)
lulz

which foreign policy and which experts?

are you agreeing with the candidate’s premise, or just doing your best illy imitation?
Last edited by KUTradition on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

(or somethin)
lulz

You want term limits for absolutely everyone working in government?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:02 pm

(or somethin)
lulz

are you agreeing with the candidate’s premise, or just doing your best illy imitation?
Neither. I'm trying hard to come to grips with your scientistic embrace of the cult of expertise.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:02 pm

(or somethin)
lulz

You want term limits for absolutely everyone working in government?
Me? No. But I do think that Vivek a substantive policy goal here, in addition to the obvious partisan red meat.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:31 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:02 pm
lulz

Neither. I'm trying hard to come to grips with your scientistic embrace of the cult of expertise.
lol

i just appreciate that it often takes a certain level of experience to get shit done

i’d think you of all people could appreciate such a stance when talking about the bloated bureaucracies that make up this fine nation
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Michael Lewis has written and spoke about this subject a ton in both his podcast and in The Fifth Risk. I found his pro-expertise arguments convincing.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Come out and just say it. Vivek’s proposal (if can call it that) is just idiotic. So by extension academic bureaucracies are too bloated with entrenched (tenured) professors and thus all instructions will be conducted by term-limited teaching assistants? As we have said before, Vivek is a stupid person’s idea of a smart person sounds like.