Sadly, These Are Not Serious People

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Sadly, These Are Not Serious People

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:35 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:31 pm that’s ~10 seconds i wish i had back
sorry
eh, i should’ve known better than to press play
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:26 pm I'm no germaphobe, but there's no way I would do this, (for free).

Republicans, is this part of the Trump Cult initiation process?

Gross, but props to Nancy Mace, republican rep from South Carolina, for going first.
What are they drinking? Or do I not wanna know?
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

other than each others’ saliva?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:49 pm
Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:26 pm I'm no germaphobe, but there's no way I would do this, (for free).

Republicans, is this part of the Trump Cult initiation process?

Gross, but props to Nancy Mace, republican rep from South Carolina, for going first.
What are they drinking? Or do I not wanna know?
Trad tried to warn you. But No, you had to look!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I remember being told over and over again during my training: "You only have one reputation, don't ruin it."

Can you imagine being a part of the house republican caucus? How do they think this makes them look? What is it now, close to two weeks that they've been unable to reach an agreement amongst themselves on a leader? I get that their base likely doesn't mind all that much, as long as they eventually get back to investigating Hunter and owning the libs, but aren't there still a few independents and undecided voters who care whether or not "stuff" gets done, and like to see the government work? And if so, what must they think?

Any chance the MSM will stop blaming "congress", and put a name on the dysfunctional party that's creating this situation, and keeps threatening to "shut the government down"?

Pro tip: Both sides don't do it.

Maybe they could draft Nancy Pelosi? She accomplished a lot with only a 4-vote margin.

One Of The Swampier Things I've Seen': Chip Roy Pressed On Not Voting For Scalise As House Speaker
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Scalise withdraws his name from consideration for speaker.

Strong work, republicans.

#growthefuckup
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I hate these fucking people.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:23 pm I hate these fucking people.
I'm very sorry about your party, DC. I can't imagine how I'd feel.

I'm sorry for all of us.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

What does it say that republicans have nominated Jim Jordan to be their next speaker?
Jim ____ing Jordan?
(Hint: It doesn't say anything good...for any of us.)

More of this, please:

"House Republicans have just elected a speaker nominee who in 16 years in congress hasn't passed a single bill, because his focus has not been on the American people, his focus has been on peddling lies and conspiracy theories and division."

Democrats do an excellent job of pointing out the contrast between the two parties here:

House Democratic Leader Jeffries holds news briefing after Jordan nominated for speaker
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:58 pm Based on GOP standards, does Santos deserve a promotion to the senate, or election as speaker?

Today, we delve into the recent 23-count superseding indictment filed against Rep. George Santos (R-NY) by the Department of Justice (DOJ), outlining a saga of alleged fraudulent acts and identity theft that shakes the core of our democratic process.

The charges encompass a range of fraudulent activities, from conspiracy and wire fraud to false statements and identity theft. The indictment particularly highlights Santos’s alleged manipulation of campaign funds to garner undue financial and political support, painting a disconcerting picture of deceit at the heart of our electoral process .

The DOJ accuses Santos of fabricating fundraising reports to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and unauthorized charges on campaign contributors’ credit cards. The indictment further outlines how Santos, in collusion with his campaign treasurer, allegedly inflated campaign fundraising numbers to mislead the FEC and the public, aiming to qualify for a program that provided financial and logistical support to his campaign .

But the indictment doesn’t stop at financial deception. It’s claimed that Santos stole identities of donors and family members, using their credit card information to fraudulently boost his campaign’s financial standing. These charges come as a heavy blow, revealing the extent to which political ambition can allegedly twist ethical boundaries, and leave unsuspecting victims in its wake .

Further adding to the gravity of the situation, 10 new criminal counts were unveiled, revealing additional alleged schemes during Santos’s campaign, extending the scope of his purported fraudulent activities .

[...]
Speak of the Devil.
Dude/dudet had a meltdown today.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/10 ... -baby.html
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:50 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:58 pm Based on GOP standards, does Santos deserve a promotion to the senate, or election as speaker?

Today, we delve into the recent 23-count superseding indictment filed against Rep. George Santos (R-NY) by the Department of Justice (DOJ), outlining a saga of alleged fraudulent acts and identity theft that shakes the core of our democratic process.

The charges encompass a range of fraudulent activities, from conspiracy and wire fraud to false statements and identity theft. The indictment particularly highlights Santos’s alleged manipulation of campaign funds to garner undue financial and political support, painting a disconcerting picture of deceit at the heart of our electoral process .

The DOJ accuses Santos of fabricating fundraising reports to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and unauthorized charges on campaign contributors’ credit cards. The indictment further outlines how Santos, in collusion with his campaign treasurer, allegedly inflated campaign fundraising numbers to mislead the FEC and the public, aiming to qualify for a program that provided financial and logistical support to his campaign .

But the indictment doesn’t stop at financial deception. It’s claimed that Santos stole identities of donors and family members, using their credit card information to fraudulently boost his campaign’s financial standing. These charges come as a heavy blow, revealing the extent to which political ambition can allegedly twist ethical boundaries, and leave unsuspecting victims in its wake .

Further adding to the gravity of the situation, 10 new criminal counts were unveiled, revealing additional alleged schemes during Santos’s campaign, extending the scope of his purported fraudulent activities .

[...]
Speak of the Devil.

So, what you're saying is, he's a mainstream republican?

Let's hope the child isn't left with hearing impairment...
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:17 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:50 pm

[...]
Speak of the Devil.

So, what you're saying is, he's a mainstream republican?

Let's hope the child isn't left with hearing impairment...
Is it bad that I laughed?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter, this is no time to laugh:

Scalise Withdraws as Speaker Candidate, Leaving G.O.P. in Chaos

...Even though the votes on Thursday had clearly stacked up against Mr. Scalise, some of his allies were still surprised by his withdrawal announcement in a closed-door meeting. Several openly wept...

Reading that again makes me wonder if I should have posted it in the FAFO thread...
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Nancy Mace has definitely stepped her cleavage game up.
Is she trying to be a VP?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^^

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:29 pm Nancy Mace has definitely stepped her cleavage game up.
From the comments below that tweet:

Does Jake realize the only reason republican women want airtime is to show off their tits and lie?
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:29 pm Nancy Mace has definitely stepped her cleavage game up.
You ever motorboat her?

https://boatingindustry.com/tag/nancy-mace/
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/nancy ... 59628.html

In short, yes.

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto