George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Just curious, did you post this because you found it interesting what she had to say, or because for the second time in a few days you've bought into a QAnon-based conspiracy theory, this time that the remarks she threw out were handed to here by the Biden campaign (which she explained afterward was not the case)?
Deleted User 310

Mjl wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:24 pm
Just curious, did you post this because you found it interesting what she had to say, or because for the second time in a few days you've bought into a QAnon-based conspiracy theory, this time that the remarks she threw out were handed to here by the Biden campaign (which she explained afterward was not the case)?
LOL What?

Who cares if she didn't ask the question she was supposed to? And why would that be a conspiracy, when she literally says at the beginning of her remarks that she isn't going to ask the question she was originally supposed to?...and yes i am aware she later said it came from her "group", although i didn't say I thought they came from the Biden campaign anyway so you lost me there. But who cares where it came from anyway?

I posted it because of what she said...which is why it is in this thread and not a biden/who ya got thread. And fwiw if i would have seen a video without the stupid caption about the internet freaking out that she didn't ask her scripted/approved question i would have linked to that.

And what other "QAnon" conspiracy did i post about?
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:13 pm This is fucked up...

https://www.facebook.com/Headkrack/vide ... 647540874/
Law and Order!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:43 pm
LOL What?

Who cares if she didn't ask the question she was supposed to? And why would that be a conspiracy, when she literally says at the beginning of her remarks that she isn't going to ask the question she was originally supposed to?...and yes i am aware she later said it came from her "group", although i didn't say I thought they came from the Biden campaign anyway so you lost me there. But who cares where it came from anyway?

I posted it because of what she said...which is why it is in this thread and not a biden/who ya got thread. And fwiw if i would have seen a video without the stupid caption about the internet freaking out that she didn't ask her scripted/approved question i would have linked to that.

The only reason this is widely circulated stems from the QAnon folks that have been using it to say the speakers at the event, and thus all Biden events, were fake and scripted. That's the reason for the audacious headline.

The other was the 6% of COVID deaths are actually COVID deaths thing.
Deleted User 310

Mjl wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:45 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:43 pm

LOL What?

The only reason this is widely circulated stems from the QAnon folks that have been using it to say the speakers at the event, and thus all Biden events, were fake and scripted. That's the reason for the audacious headline.

The other was the 6% of COVID deaths are actually COVID deaths thing.
I posted a video of a doctor explaining why the 6% of deaths that list only covid19 as a cause on the death certificate does NOT mean what some people are social media are claiming it means. I literally did the exact OPPOSITE of buying into the QAnon conspiracy theory about those numbers....although it isn't really a conspiracy theory imo, it is just a piss poor attempt by non doctors to interpret medical data/reporting.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Apparently cops shot and killed the suspect who shot and killed the dude i Portland
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:32 am Apparently cops shot and killed the suspect who shot and killed the dude i Portland
Jesus.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also cops looking for a driver who drove into a crowd of BLM protestors in Times Square last night
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Cleveland cop shot and killed. Interesting that I am yet to find/read anything that mentions his race.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:12 am Also cops looking for a driver who drove into a crowd of BLM protestors in Times Square last night
Totally UNRELATED (not comparing these instances AT ALL)

...but a girl i am friends with shared a picture on facebook...her husband is a truck driver and they have been instructed to NOT stop for protestors trying to stop and take over their trucks...it says to slow down, but do not stop, and do not let them board your vehicle or pull you from your vehicle....if they accidentally hit someone who refuses to move they are instructed to continue driving and call law enforcement for more directions on what to do next.

Personally i am not sure what i would do if an angry group of protestors tried to block and stop my car....i guess a lot would depend on if i thought they were going to be violent...and if i did, and my kids were in the car, i think i would probably be forced to continue driving even if it meant running someone over.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, that’s a hairy situation, and I hope protestors aren’t doing that.

I also hope some pissy counterprotestor isn’t just revving up and plowing into a bunch of protestors in the crosswalk either, or whatever. Without reading more, that’s what I initially thought of, I guess because Charlottesville
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:39 pm Yeah, that’s a hairy situation, and I hope protestors aren’t doing that.

I also hope some pissy counterprotestor isn’t just revving up and plowing into a bunch of protestors in the crosswalk either, or whatever. Without reading more, that’s what I initially thought of, I guess because Charlottesville
same here.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses”
Deleted User 310

sdoyel wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 pm What the hell?

https://twitter.com/noahhurowitz/status ... 22528?s=21
it appears the cops either thought those guys were in danger or were going to cause trouble...so they wanted them to get out of there.

If protestors tried to stop the car and/or were threatening to be violent against them then it is possible that is why the plowed thru them? I haven't seen any video other than that one so it is sort of hard to tell what happened from that video from far away. But if they were just blocking the street peacefully plowing thru them is total bullshit...seems like an awful lot of women and children at the tail end of the video, which makes me think it was a peaceful protest.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I had no idea what thread to put this on but I figure the Black guy was "protesting" being called "boy" and told to get his ass up there. Not sure how I feel about this. Part of me says good for him but another part says, well that was really dumb because now he's probably going to face some serious repercussions.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1 ... 5387426816
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The racist had it coming, but black dude will go to jail for it most likely.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's so hard to talk to kids about all this.

Videogames teach them that cops are the bad guys. So does Mrs. Fish's reaction to getting a speeding ticket, for example.

And then you see the local police officers uprighting trash cans that blow over in a storm, etc., or knocking on our door if our garage is open after dark, and you see the community service piece.

But then you have to explain why there are fully-justified protests happening around the country, and that the fact is that black people are treated differently than white people (on a population-level scale), and so on and so forth. It's exhausting, and there are no right answers, but it's necessary.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I condone no violence. I don’t think the black guy should have swung. Even sadder yet, is this sort of video may do more harm than good for BLM, and equality in general. Too many will watch it and think, “another big scary negro not obeying law and order”

I also think the racist should suffer some sort of consequences (besides getting his ass kicked). But that dude is prob even more racist than before, and is prob eager to gloat all about it to his fellow klansmen at the next rally.

That dude also, coincidentally, fits the archetypal short fat white boy trying to compensate for his own miserable existence by a bullying a minority. Maybe you wouldn’t be so pissy in life if you had the will to loose about 40 pounds.

Is “boy” a racial slur?

I have a black friend who is offended by the term, but one anecdotal example isn’t necessarily a bright line test.

Hypothetically, rather than “boy,” what if the guy was using more obvious racial slurs?