21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by NDballer13 »

He and white pants can form a pretty physical frontcourt.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:42 pm He and white pants can form a pretty physical frontcourt.
https://youtu.be/vWz9VN40nCA
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ing-kansas

"Kansas looks like a team with Final Four potential in 2021-22. Name one thing you like about this roster, and one thing that worries you."

"I love the leap of McCormack from his sophomore to junior seasons. He had a few misses throughout the year, but Kansas was a challenge for any team in America when he played his best basketball. That guy is a potential All-American in 2021-22, and Bill Self's best teams have always included reliable bigs -- you pair him with Martin and the Jayhawks will have one of the nation's top inside-outside combos."
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

So apparently Marcus Carr isn't set on staying in the NBA draft...

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 9365257221
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I thought he officially withdrew from the draft?
Just Ledoux it
UnholyLivingDead

It looks like he did right before the weekend. Sounds like the Kansas interest is if Remy Martin were to stay in the draft, we would pursue Carr.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:38 am It looks like he did right before the weekend. Sounds like the Kansas interest is if Remy Martin were to stay in the draft, we would pursue Carr.
Why not both? Self has done great with two legit PGs on a roster together. A starting lineup of Carr, Martin, Agbaji, Wilson and McCormack is a monster.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Lotta guards. If Carr comes Ochai isnt coming back.

If they both come somebody loses a scholly.

And yes....before CnB comes to assure me that "these things have a way of working themselves out".... i know.
Just Ledoux it
UnholyLivingDead

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:12 pm
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:38 am It looks like he did right before the weekend. Sounds like the Kansas interest is if Remy Martin were to stay in the draft, we would pursue Carr.
Why not both? Self has done great with two legit PGs on a roster together. A starting lineup of Carr, Martin, Agbaji, Wilson and McCormack is a monster.
I'm not sure you take on Carr when you already have Martin, Yesufu, Harris, and Pettiford. Someone from that group would need to be gone for a spot to open up, at least in my mind.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:16 pm Lotta guards. If Carr comes Ochai isnt coming back.

If they both come somebody loses a scholly.

And yes....before CnB comes to assure me that "these things have a way of working themselves out".... i know.
Even then who would you let go?

Coleman Lands would be at the bottom of my depth chart, and that'd be a shitty thing to do to a transfer.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:32 pm
I'm not sure you take on Carr when you already have Martin, Yesufu, Harris, and Pettiford. Someone from that group would need to be gone for a spot to open up, at least in my mind.
Don't forget Cuffe.

And Carr is a one year player, I don't think you get rid of Yesufu, Harris, Pettiford, or Cuffe for a guy who can only be here one year.

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I wonder if Bill has told Carr that Ochai isn't coming back? Either way, I bet Carr ends up at Texas.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:32 pm
I agree that this is most likely insurance in case Martin stays in the draft as I assume that Carr likely doesn't want to join a stacked roster that could negatively impact his stats as he preps for next year's draft. Self's job is to make the best roster with the best players possible and I doubt that Kansas is on this list without Bill Self showing significant interest in Carr joining the team. I am glad to see he has a plan in case Martin stays in the draft.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Am I wrong in thinking that Yesufu has a higher ceiling than Carr, even though Carr is probably the better player THIS year?

Also, does a roster with Martin, Carr, and Yesufu have enough balls to go around? Those are three guys who like to have the ball in their hand.

Harris might fit in on next year's roster better than this one, since we don't have lineups who will be playing hot potato, having a guy who doesn't need to score can be a good thing.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:41 pm Am I wrong in thinking that Yesufu has a higher ceiling than Carr, even though Carr is probably the better player THIS year?

Also, does a roster with Martin, Carr, and Yesufu have enough balls to go around? Those are three guys who like to have the ball in their hand.

Harris might fit in on next year's roster better than this one, since we don't have lineups who will be playing hot potato, having a guy who doesn't need to score can be a good thing.
Carr has proven what he would most likely do. Yesefu is a much bigger question mark. So maybe Yesefu's ceiling seems higher because we have less idea what his ceiling is. Carr's ceiling seems much more clear.
UnholyLivingDead

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Great news for us.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Good deal. I hope he listened to the feedback he was provided and we see an uptick in his aggression levels next season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Agbaji is a potential first round pick".

Part of the value in his returning right there.

This is awesome news.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sweet!

So Och Jalen and Dave all return as starters. Christian too, if some of you guys would stop throwing shade, and cuz we’ve got a lot of experience competing for those last 2 spots