COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by PhDhawk »

HoF?

this meltdown is getting to be epic.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:55 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:48 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:48 am ...
The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people
I finally feel like you spoke your true feelings on the topic.
Lol. No thats sarcasm. Im just saying there are so much bigger issues in the world than covid. Our global population continues to rise. Completely unphased by this pandemic.

The only thing thats really changed is the government mindset to meddle and monitor in every aspect of citizen's lives. For some reason they've convinced enough of you its necessary and acceptable that not only do you allow them to do it, you encourage and support it
The government doesn't meddle in the vast majority of my life, let alone every aspect of it. I know it sounds cool to say it as a slogan for the ill informed but it isn't actually true.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:12 am Its debatable how effective masks in the real world are. What we do know is that even with masks, covid still spreads.

Some of you and your covid regulations, it's like a cult and covid is your religion
It's only debatable in a conversation full of people who don't want to believe that they are effective in reducing transmission.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:26 am i have no doubt that a good % of the kcrim'ers will be sad to see covid go. i think it's called stockholm syndrome.

though i am curious to see what the whackjobs replace covid with.
You have proven to have no doubt about a lot of things that aren't true at all.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:30 am The government doesn't meddle in the vast majority of my life, let alone every aspect of it. I know it sounds cool to say it as a slogan for the ill informed but it isn't actually true.
that is on par with " our greatest threat comes from inside."
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:30 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:48 am

I finally feel like you spoke your true feelings on the topic.
Lol. No thats sarcasm. Im just saying there are so much bigger issues in the world than covid. Our global population continues to rise. Completely unphased by this pandemic.

The only thing thats really changed is the government mindset to meddle and monitor in every aspect of citizen's lives. For some reason they've convinced enough of you its necessary and acceptable that not only do you allow them to do it, you encourage and support it
The government doesn't meddle in the vast majority of my life, let alone every aspect of it. I know it sounds cool to say it as a slogan for the ill informed but it isn't actually true.
Sure they do. Youve just grown too accustomed to it. Feels like every day there is a new tax in something, new few, new reason for why they want you to support tax increases
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:32 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:12 am Its debatable how effective masks in the real world are. What we do know is that even with masks, covid still spreads.

Some of you and your covid regulations, it's like a cult and covid is your religion
It's only debatable in a conversation full of people who don't want to believe that they are effective in reducing transmission.
Every time i put one on i wanted to beleive it was helpful. But yet covid still spread. Turns out making healthy people wear masks at all times might make people feel safer, but it doesn't actually help much
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

and it covers up the ugly people. so there's that.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It is kinda fun to check out a chick and give her the benefit of the doubt under the mask.

WHOA, never mind babe, how about we put the mask back on please? You know, strictly for health precautions, heh heh.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:51 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:30 am

Sure they do. Youve just grown too accustomed to it. Feels like every day there is a new tax in something, new few, new reason for why they want you to support tax increases
Taxes aren't "meddling and monitoring in my life".

If you feel like the government takes too much of your taxes, then just say it. Don't dress it up in some fake ass "muh rights are under assault by Big Brother's meddling and monitoring of my every move" bullshit. That's just the shtick that you throw out to make you feel less selfish.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Lack of compliance is why masks aren't more effective.

When usage rates are high, and they're used properly, they're actually very effective.

Every scientifically based study I've seen supports this.

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7883189/

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2776536

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:06 pm Lack of compliance is why masks aren't more effective.

When usage rates are high, and they're used properly, they're actually very effective.

It's so damn frustrating how many people say "I wear my mask and covid is still going around" because they wear their mask at the grocery store as required and then have 15 friends over to their house that aren't wearing masks and give each other covid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 pm It's so damn frustrating how many people say "I wear my mask and covid is still going around" because they wear their mask at the grocery store as required and then have 15 friends over to their house that aren't wearing masks and give each other covid.
i'm fully vaxxed. why would i wear a mask in my own house.

"wearing a mask in my own house" might be an example of what randy says is overthetop.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:21 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 pm It's so damn frustrating how many people say "I wear my mask and covid is still going around" because they wear their mask at the grocery store as required and then have 15 friends over to their house that aren't wearing masks and give each other covid.

"wearing a mask in my own house" might be an example of what randy says is overthetop.
It's the "having 15 people in your enclosed house" that causes the problem. Aren't we more than 18 months into this? Are you still unsure how this virus gets passed? JFC.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:06 pm Lack of compliance is why masks aren't more effective.

It's so damn frustrating how many people say "I wear my mask and covid is still going around" because they wear their mask at the grocery store as required and then have 15 friends over to their house that aren't wearing masks and give each other covid.
And even when more people were wearing masks, a lot of them wore them under their nose, or on their chin. Then they'd take them off to sneeze or cough. People would take them off to talk or when they were on their cell phone.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:23 pm

It's the "having 15 people in your enclosed house" that causes the problem. Aren't we more than 18 months into this? Are you still unsure how this virus gets passed? JFC.
Aren't we 18 months into this and you're suggesting having people over to your house is a problem
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:23 pm It's the "having 15 people in your enclosed house" that causes the problem.
you are absolutely free to wear a mask in your own house. just don't expect most anyone else to wear one in theirs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:30 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:23 pm

Aren't we 18 months into this and you're suggesting having people over to your house is a problem
The point being that there are a lot of people out there who claim they are doing what needs to be done but really aren't. Things seem to be calming down a bit these days as vaccination rates continue to climb.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:33 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:23 pm It's the "having 15 people in your enclosed house" that causes the problem.
you are absolutely free to wear a mask in your own house. just don't expect most anyone else to wear one in theirs.
I don't think that was his point.

You've said over and over, that you did everything that was asked of you. But if you had a large gathering of people in a house last November, you didn't do everything that was asked of you, or if you didn't properly wear a mask, you didn't do the things asked of you. And lots of people didnt' do the thing asked of them. So you can't really say those things didn't work if people weren't actually doing those things.

You can change twocoach's argument to something it's not, but I'm not sure how that's helpful to anything.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I had 10 friends over the other day.
Too many?