21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
UnholyLivingDead

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:18 am Sweet!

So Och Jalen and Dave all return as starters. Christian too, if some of you guys would stop throwing shade, and cuz we’ve got a lot of experience competing for those last 2 spots
A potential starting 5 of:

PG - Remy
G - Braun
G - Ochai
G/F - Jalen
F/C - Dave

That would be really strong. I think there is a lot of value for Agbaji to come back for one more year and play with a point guard like Remy Martin. Och and Braun better never hesitate to pull the trigger with guards like Martin and Yesufu creating off the bounce.
Last edited by UnholyLivingDead on Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I still think Braun starts but that's the most likely of guys to be jumped by one of our endless guard options.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

One of the beat defenders in the country? I mean. He does fine....but....really?

Anyway...

Welcome back Och, glad to have you
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think he is one of the best defenders in the country either but you can see how he could be. He was our second best guy last year...but that was behind an all league defender.

I bet he makes a good jump on both ends of the court.

Self has to be jazzed with all the options.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Man, think how much better the competition level will be at practice this season (as compared to last). It'll be interesting to see how deep the rotation is later on in the year when Coach Self usually pares-down to 7 or 8 guys.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Starters:
Remy Martin
Christian Braun
Ochai Agbaji
Jalen Wilson
David McCormack

Bench guards:
Dajuan Harris
Joseph Yesefu
Jalen Coleman-Lands
Bobby Pettiford
Kyle Cuffe

Bench bigs:
Cam Martin
Mitch Lightfoot
Zach Clemence
KJ Adams

Honestly, that's kinda ridiculous. Odds are pretty high that we see one or both of Cuffe and Adams redshirt.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The only part that worries me is that we all thought last year's team sucked and now we are returning 4 of the 5 starters from that sucky team.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:06 am Starters:
Remy Martin
Christian Braun
Ochai Agbaji
Jalen Wilson
David McCormack

Bench guards:
Dajuan Harris
Joseph Yesefu
Jalen Coleman-Lands
Bobby Pettiford
Kyle Cuffe

Bench bigs:
Cam Martin
Mitch Lightfoot
Zach Clemence
KJ Adams

Honestly, that's kinda ridiculous. Odds are pretty high that we see one or both of Cuffe and Adams redshirt.
I wonder if someone ends up leaving in the next couple of weeks; specifically, Coleman-Lands.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cuffe is for sure redshirting. Adams too.

I just don't know how Bill will do it, because he's never been good with a 9-10 guy rotation.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
UnholyLivingDead

Remy Martin
Christian Braun
Ochai Agbaji
Jalen Wilson
David McCormack

Bench guards:
Dajuan Harris
Joseph Yesefu
Jalen Coleman-Lands
Bobby Pettiford
Kyle Cuffe

Bench bigs:
Cam Martin
Mitch Lightfoot
Zach Clemence
KJ Adams

That is nuts. And underscores what Jesse Newell said.

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/ ... 9989334049
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:09 am
Remy Martin
Christian Braun
Ochai Agbaji
Jalen Wilson
David McCormack

Bench guards:
Dajuan Harris
Joseph Yesefu
Jalen Coleman-Lands
Bobby Pettiford
Kyle Cuffe

Bench bigs:
Cam Martin
Mitch Lightfoot
Zach Clemence
KJ Adams

I wonder if someone ends up leaving in the next couple of weeks; specifically, Coleman-Lands.
Can he if he already did his transfer?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:07 am The only part that worries me is that we all thought last year's team sucked and now we are returning 4 of the 5 starters from that sucky team.
2009 wasnt great and returned most of the lineup and was awesome.*

*yes, they were awesome despite the one loss in the tournament
UnholyLivingDead

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:07 am The only part that worries me is that we all thought last year's team sucked and now we are returning 4 of the 5 starters from that sucky team.
That's fair, but I don't think last year's team sucked because these guys weren't talented. Issue #1 was lack of a point guard. I think a guy like Remy Martin elevates the level of this team. Jalen could also become a star this year.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:11 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:09 am
Remy Martin
Christian Braun
Ochai Agbaji
Jalen Wilson
David McCormack

Bench guards:
Dajuan Harris
Joseph Yesefu
Jalen Coleman-Lands
Bobby Pettiford
Kyle Cuffe

Bench bigs:
Cam Martin
Mitch Lightfoot
Zach Clemence
KJ Adams

Can he if he already did his transfer?
I think Jack Whitman and Evan Maxwell left after they transferred in, right?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I would love it if Bill did a 5/5 rotation. Get the hot rotation 25 minutes a game and the cold rotation 15 minutes.

Remy
CB
Coleman-Lands
Wilson
Martin

Harris
Yesufu
Ochai
Clemence
McCormack

hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:13 am
That's fair, but I don't think last year's team sucked because these guys weren't talented. Issue #1 was lack of a point guard. I think a guy like Remy Martin elevates the level of this team. Jalen could also become a star this year.
Yes, it's this. Remy is the key. Without him, this team is good but nowhere near great.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd rather have our best players playing the most minutes.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:13 am
Still just not sure how much I can buy this.

“Our shooters hesitate to shoot and our big man’s a spaz.”

Must be the point guard’s fault.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think players have the ability to get better.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

The one guy you replace is a non-scoring guard with an elite scoring guard. That team also went about 7 deep, and a lot of time had two guys who weren't a threat to shoot. There was absolutely zero bench scoring. Now you have two proven scorers coming off the bench and a big who wouldn't get pushed around in a pickup game at the local Y. Although, Mitch probably will still be the first big off the bench early, but I'm excited about the different dynamic Cam brings. Has their been a pick and pop type of 5 since Markieff?

The starters weren't the reason the team was "sucky", they "sucked" because when things went south, who could you put in to try and switch things up? That's not the case this year. They also had some pretty nice wins during the year, to go with a 2nd place finish in the Big 12, for such a "sucky" team.