Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:02 am
japhy wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:46 am
jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:54 pm Hopefully, reasonable, sane people saw him for what he is. Again.

That audience was disturbing.
But Randall gets to vote also.
I just can't find the anger for CNN that lots of lefties seem to have, over this issue. I really don't think there's a comparison between Summer 2016 and May 2023 - CNN was absolutely as guilty as anyone in mainstreaming Trump in 2016, helping him turn an election he didn't even want to win, into one he won!

But his base is now shrinking, and certainly cannot grow (if it's capable of growing at all) by holding "Greatest Hits" shows on cable news. If anything, his room-temperature performance is going to confirm for anyone paying attention that "Greatest Hits" shows are all he has in him.
While all of that is true, things have changed since 2020. There has been an organized push by the R's to disenfranchise voters who they have determined might vote against them. And there is a question of voter fatigue. Is everyone paying attention? Will the large numbers that showed up in 2020 to defeat trump turn out to vote again?

Biden isn't what some voters hoped he would be. Will some just say "meh" and go back to not voting?

And if trump gets back into the Oval Office he will make sure there are no adults in the room this time. His second act will be all about revenge on his enemy's list and absolute chaos all the time. It will take decades to erase the stain a second trump presidency would leave on our country and government.

But I am expecting big tax cuts!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

as long as your 401K is strong
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Rick Wilson said it best, "everything Trump touches dies." First Fox, then the GOP, and now CNN. Advertisers: Don't let your brand die, too. CNN is #BrandUnsafe.

https://youtu.be/aPRI92y-tns
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think there is a fatally-bad assumption at the heart of this analysis: that Trump actually has anything remotely approaching policy-based principles or beliefs.

In other words, I don't think that Trump's own positions are changing, because I don't think he has any. I think what's happening is, more or less, that he has to be wilder and grosser and sweatier and crazier to keep getting something approaching the reaction he so badly needs on a psychic level.

That said.

The deepening radicalization of Donald J. Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 2024-race/
[From] sexual assault to foreign and domestic policy, Trump’s positions have become even more extreme, his tone more confrontational, his accounts less tethered to reality, according to a Washington Post review of Trump’s speeches and interviews with former aides. Where he was at times ambiguous or equivocal, he’s now brazenly defiant.

Embracing extreme positions is nothing new for Trump: Since launching his 2016 campaign by calling Mexican immigrants “rapists” and then pledging to ban Muslims from entering the country, he has promoted divisive policies, made inflammatory comments and prompted constitutional showdowns with Congress and the courts. But a return to the White House, in Trump’s own articulation, would be his chance to take revenge on his political opponents and push even further on his most polarizing programs.

The hardening of Trump’s stances comes as he has been operating for more than two years without the official apparatus of the White House, putting fewer gatekeepers and layers of review between him and the public. It also follows a long list of grievances he has accumulated from his eight years in politics.

To experts who have reviewed his proposals, Trump is sketching out the contours of a second term potentially more dangerous and chaotic than his first. Critics across the political spectrum have voiced alarm at his increasingly menacing rhetoric. But Trump’s most loyal supporters have relished his combative speeches and followed him in espousing harsher stances.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The cruelty is the policy.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Seems appropriate on Memorial Day:

https://twitter.com/marlene4719/status/ ... src%5Etfwt>
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They forgot to mention draft dodger.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The All caps pyschotic rant for Memorial Day was "special."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kim killed his own uncle with a 40mm flak piece. And Trump in love with him.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Can't believe I didn't invest in Truth Social!

https://twitter.com/LiftForever67/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am allergic to Magadonia Nuts.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Feral wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:25 pm Can't believe I didn't invest in Truth Social!

“Nobody went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public”!

How were we the first country to put a man on the moon! Maybe THAT’S the proof for the theory that the moon-landing is fake - we couldn’t possibly have the collective intelligence to have pulled it off. As Evidence A I present “Truth Social” and MAGADONIANS 😄😄
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

He's leading by a lot in primary polls.

Fuck this. I'm moving to Israel. At least their corrupt right wing leader is intelligent.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:21 am He's leading by a lot in primary polls.

Fuck this. I'm moving to Israel. At least their corrupt right wing leader is intelligent.
I’m quite afraid of what someone even partially competent could do at the helm of the massive machine that has been purpose-built for a right wing authoritarian.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:20 am
Mjl wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:21 am He's leading by a lot in primary polls.

I’m quite afraid of what someone even partially competent could do at the helm of the massive machine that has been purpose-built for a right wing authoritarian.
No shit.

It seems sadly quaint to think back 6 or 7 years ago to the time when I thought Trump was the problem...

And I wouldn't blame you if you did, Mjl.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Feral wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:25 pm Can't believe I didn't invest in Truth Social!

https://twitter.com/CoffeyTimeNews/stat ... 6455433216
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

@&$)?!$&@ Gutter…..now I have to poke my eyes out! Who has one of those Men in Black flashlight thingamabobs handy?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:56 pm @&$)?!$&@ Gutter…..now I have to poke my eyes out! Who has one of those Men in Black flashlight thingamabobs handy?
^^^
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump seems conflicted:

https://youtu.be/MDCNVTmAU8E
Anand Giridharadas