2022-2023 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 2022-2023 Lineup

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:01 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:25 pm In the context of this thread:

Are we cool with Kevin getting big minutes for his D, if it’s at the expense of Gradey and his shooting?
Why would it be at the expense of Gradey? They are fully capable of playing together.

You're really bad at this.
you really should have quoted the entirety of that post.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:57 pm No doubt I'm going to regret throwing my hat in this ring but: Burlington is western KS?
🤣🤣🤣
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:04 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:11 pm yea.

A lot will ride on McC's ability to run the point.
No it won't.

We have DH (and Yes/Bobby). And we have Jalen who also is fully capable of initiating offense in the half court.

If McCullar learns the offense fast enough to play minutes at the PG spot then that is a bonus.

Pretty much EVERYTHING with McCullar rides on his defense. Not shooting. Not playing PG. Not being 3rd leading scorer.
Nah, ous is right here. If KM is the second ballhandler then he's logically going to play more minutes and score more points.

Which is entirely possible. Staff says Yesufu is done playing ballhandler, leaving only Pettiford whom hasn't played a full season in like 4 years.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:11 pm

No it won't.

We have DH (and Yes/Bobby). And we have Jalen who also is fully capable of initiating offense in the half court.

If McCullar learns the offense fast enough to play minutes at the PG spot then that is a bonus.

Pretty much EVERYTHING with McCullar rides on his defense. Not shooting. Not playing PG. Not being 3rd leading scorer.
Nah, ous is right here. If KM is the second ballhandler then he's logically going to play more minutes and score more points.

Which is entirely possible. Staff says Yesufu is done playing ballhandler, leaving only Pettiford whom hasn't played a full season in like 4 years.
I am highly skeptical that McCullar will be the backup PG or primary ball handler very often.

Especially since DH is going to play 28-35mpg. And I don't think Bobby and Yes will play zero minutes.

Where/when did the staff say Yesufu is "done playing as the primary ballhandler"?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:00 pm yea, thats another sticking point. But Q isn't great with reality...particularly once he gets his heels dug in.
what reality do you wish I'd be better at?

No heels. If you can give me a serviceable explanation, I'm willing to change.

What is reality, anyway? Is it always up to someone else to decide for you?

Should I just shut up and embrace that Christian Braun is about to be a good NBA point guard?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:14 pm

No it won't.

I am highly skeptical that McCullar will be the backup PG or primary ball handler very often.

Especially since DH is going to play 28-35mpg. And I don't think Bobby and Yes will play zero minutes.

Where/when did the staff say Yesufu is "done playing as the primary ballhandler"?
Summer pressers.

McC was their PG last year, so I'm not worried about his capability. Especially since we handled that scenario well in 2020 with a similar player in Garrett. Also worried about Harris playing that many minutes as he got worn down last season during conference play with so many minutes.

Of course I'd love the insurance of Pettiford staying healthy and improving a ton.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:05 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:53 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:40 pm

yea, rumor has it Haunkey Taunk is the one who made Qusdahl to read the Communist Manifesto.

but, come on bro, let's face it: my 2021 eval of CB was entirely too accurate. That's what pissed you guys off so much! You didn't want to acknowledge how prone he was to stinker performances featuring timid offense and getting roasted on D, cuz you were determined to luv the good keed from western KS regardless.

The only thing I was that wrong about, was that he'd develop as much as he did. But to be fair, no one else thought that either! At the end of the day, most of you roibois were just happy enough that he didn't have any ink.
1. This is a pretty damn pathetic post.

2. BofH was an arrogant, generally pig headed, mostly shitty, poster who thought he was amazing. I'm not entirely sure why you've grasped onto his styles as your go to evaluation techniques. I know I know, the laughs....but....no.
you're a lot more fun when you aren't putting so much energy into petty personal putdowns.
I mean,not really a personal putdown....just an observation of you picking a strange style to bite.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:16 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:00 pm yea, thats another sticking point. But Q isn't great with reality...particularly once he gets his heels dug in.
what reality do you wish I'd be better at?

No heels. If you can give me a serviceable explanation, I'm willing to change.

What is reality, anyway? Is it always up to someone else to decide for you?

Should I just shut up and embrace that Christian Braun is about to be a good NBA point guard?
I think most of us have a fairly decent grasp on east vs west vs middle. Not sure why thay needs to be discussed further as far as "reality".

and yea, Braun has the potential to be a good NBA guard/wing. NBA is a different animal, we shall see. Either way, your stubbornness on Braun is another example of digging in heels.

Regardless of how much you claim to be "open" to ideas/other information.....words don't mean a lot without action.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TDub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:20 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:53 pm

1. This is a pretty damn pathetic post.

2. BofH was an arrogant, generally pig headed, mostly shitty, poster who thought he was amazing. I'm not entirely sure why you've grasped onto his styles as your go to evaluation techniques. I know I know, the laughs....but....no.
you're a lot more fun when you aren't putting so much energy into petty personal putdowns.
I mean,not really a personal putdown....just an observation of you picking a strange style to bite.
Also, sensitivity to personal putdowns is rich, coming from you....right? I mean, its not like I called you Adolf or something crazy like that right? what kind of person would do that?
Last edited by TDub on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No it won't.

yea.

And if we're subbing Dajuan not simply to give him a breather, but to change up some offensive look, I dunno how well we'd be doing so by subbing one non-scoring small for another non-scoring small - especially since it means McC is likely still in that lineup, but still mostly for his D, rather than his ball skills, so it means that many fewer minutes on the wing for anyone else.

If the lineup changes from McC on the wing to more on the ball, then that may do more to free up minutes for either another potential scoring wing like Gradey or maybe Rice; or an off-ball scoring small like Yes.

Of course, the dark horse candidate is Dajuan just playing 40 minutes a night anyway like Self likes. I say that with tongue in cheek, but only slightly so.

Or maybe illy's right and I really am bad at this.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:29 pmOf course, the dark horse candidate is Dajuan just playing 40 minutes a night anyway like Self likes. I say that with tongue in cheek, but only slightly so.
No thanks. We've only had Devonte' do that here and that's a lot different guy/player than Dajuan. And again, fatigue got to Dajuan. I expect he will be stronger this season, though.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:28 pm

Also, sensitivity to personal putdowns is rich, coming from you....right? I mean, its not like I called you Adolf or something crazy like that right? what kind of person would do that?
I've since apologized. Again, I'm sorry.

you know, a while back, illy called me a racist, and a misogynist too.

I quickly denied it, and then condemned racism and misogyny, since I wanted to be clear the accusations are completely unfounded.

I then simply got on with my life without pouting about it for months.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:34 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:28 pm

I've since apologized. Again, I'm sorry.

you know, a while back, illy called me a racist, and a misogynist too.

I quickly denied it, and then condemned racism and misogyny, since I wanted to be clear the accusations are completely unfounded.

I then simply got on with my life without pouting about it for months.

you sound sorry.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:32 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:29 pmOf course, the dark horse candidate is Dajuan just playing 40 minutes a night anyway like Self likes. I say that with tongue in cheek, but only slightly so.
No thanks. We've only had Devonte' do that here and that's a lot different guy/player than Dajuan. And again, fatigue got to Dajuan. I expect he will be stronger this season, though.
yea, fanboy optimism suggests Dajuan might exhibit a surprising year-to-year development.

it's happened before.

Even if he doesn't necessarily feel like the archetypal BMOC in waiting, if Dajuan shows up in that much better condition, and/or with a that much more serviceable J, he might suddenly look like a lot more complete player.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:16 pm Should I just shut up and embrace that Christian Braun is about to be a good NBA point guard?
With all due respect, are you mentally retarded?

Where have you ever read here or anywhere else by someone halfway reputable that CB is an NBA PG?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:49 pmWhere have you ever read here or anywhere else by someone halfway reputable that CB is an NBA PG?
Ous thinks he heard it from me.

My statement was in regards to discussing CB's NBA potential when I said one of the reasons I thought CB had a shot at the NBA was that he could potentially develop and play some at the 1. I said that for couple of reasons: 1. CB spent most of his life at PG and 2. I was thinking of guys like Kevin Huerter who are off-guards but can slide over at times to play on the ball.

And that is still very much possible.

Ous has been trying to use that against me for a year or so now. Sorry ous, I can't back you up on this one, it's not a sick burn.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:49 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:16 pm Should I just shut up and embrace that Christian Braun is about to be a good NBA point guard?
With all due respect, are you mentally retarded?

Where have you ever read here or anywhere else by someone halfway reputable that CB is an NBA PG?
JFC

where's chiknbut when you need him?

and ok - the Christian Braun as NBA point guard is the hottest of takes by none other than our very own QrimsonNBlue.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Still think there's too much focus on individual positions. We're going to get out and run no matter who pulls down the rebound. In the halfcourt, Juan will bring the ball up and we'll do all sorts of ball screen and reverse the ball to the opposite side stuff like always.

I do wonder about the Yes/Bobby vs KM dynamic. I also wonder if Juan will play big minutes then sit down the stretch like he did a few times in the NCAA tournament. I would assume no because we don't have a Remy this time, but ya never know especially without knowing where Yes/Bobby/KM will be in their development and roles.

Kevin Durant said on JJ Redick's podcast that the league is shifting towards being wing dominated. I wonder if the college game is headed that direction too (Bill didn't really need to go get KM given what we already have at the wing, especially with KJ, but he did). It was also the strength of the team last year. If it IS moving towards wings (or just not small guards or back to the basket bigs), is it intentional or just how the game is sorting in response to how defense is being played?

We aren't big at the 5 but Bill has the potential to trot out a pretty big lineup everywhere else. I'd love to see a version of his post-up offense where Dick, KJ, Jalen, Rice all just turn and shoot over a 6'1" guard they got switched to after running the weave.

I dunno, but I'm gonna enjoy the regular season a lot more than I did last year. The few years after a title are so stress free and fun.
Last edited by hasbeen on Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:54 pmand ok - the Christian Braun as NBA point guard is the hottest of takes by none other than our very own QrimsonNBlue.
Is it a hotter take than you spending years here saying CB would never get out of the 2nd round of the tourney or get drafted because all he does is stand around and try to feed the post?