It's Game Day

Kansas Football.
Back2Lawrence

Re: It's Game Day

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Why even risk giving them a short field?

The penalty wasn’t whistled, and our players stopped playing as it seemed obvious. Dumb human error by refs, sure. But then by our players.

And still, they got ball back with a short field. As it’s been said, that might have theoretically helped, as it gave the opposite more time to go down and then potentially tie the game.

But that didn’t happen. Because the offense, again failed. I thought we’d keep running ball on that drive as we were having success. But nope. Bean got to get another shot to get it done things on the line. He didn’t. Wish he would have.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well yea they shoulda punted there.
But we also shoulda had a new set of downs on their half of the field…close to FG range.

https://twitter.com/MSwain247/status/17 ... =MSwain247

“It’s baffling. Baffling sometimes.”
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Oh I don’t disagree it was a missed cal (I’ll wait for you to point to a previous post where I wasn’t sure as your ah-ha moment).

Doesn’t change the fact the ball was snapped, the whistle didn’t blow, and our players briefly stopped playing waiting for the call.

Sucks, but that’s also part of the reality, especially when the reality was an officiating error.

And still, the offense sucked when it counted most. The defense gave up about 40% less points in the second half than the first, while the offense scored 72% less. Defense wasn’t great, offense took a dump for most part after half.

They also punted more than us. Which means our defense held better. Except they won the turnover battle. Which, could be argued they shouldn’t have if our D didn’t drop several INTs.

Like I said, multiple reasons for the loss. But let’s not ignore Bean’s bad play late.

Bye week and onto Oklahoma. I’m done here until then.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

If the defense had been better, Bean would not have been forced to pass so much in the fourth quarter. A large part of the problem was Kansas scored so quickly early, giving the defense little rest. Their defense wasn't nearly as gassed. It was almost like it was by design. They must have run 25 or so more offensive grinding plays. Paid off in the 4th. This quick score business has haunted KU before.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Their quarterback had his best game of the season.
Their running back had close to 300 total yards.
Our defense allowed that. They had one sack and zero turnovers. They allowed 39 points. Over 550 yards. Their offense averages 26 points a game and 390 yards a game.

If you’re trying to point out issues you start there.

I’m not trying to say Bean went brain dead on several plays in the second half, he did, but if you’re recapping the game and picking the main reasons why KU lost, you don’t pick Bean.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bye next week - need that 6th win for a bowl. My guesses at % chances and possible lines.
These are assuming Daniels does not return.

v OU. 10% chance at a win. OU -16.5.
@ ISU. 40% chance at a win. ISU - 3.5.
v Texas Tech. 60% chance at a win. KU - 5.
v ksu. 50% chance at a win. ksu - 6. ( I think the line will favor ksu but i'd bet on the Hawks to cover hence the 50% chance at a win )
@ Cincy. 60% chance at a win. KU - 3.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Could win them all. Or not
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KU SUPER BOWL!
I would settle for the Pop Tarts Bowl. Get a free 2 pack of Pop Tarts if you pay $180 for a ticket? NICE!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

To be honest, call me a bad fan, but if we aren't gonna make a top tier bowl ( and we aren't ) it's more about the game day and time than it is the location or whatever mid to low level of prestige that goes with it.

Pop Tarts Bowl, 5:45 ET on ESPN on Thursday December 28th?
That works fine for me.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who doesn’t love pop tarts?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I swear to God I didn't look at this before I made my Pop Tarts call.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... edictions/

If we play the Notre Dame team that played against USC, we will be in a heap of trouble.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oof.
No, I don't want to play Notre Dame thank you.
But also, do we really think Notre Dame won't get a better suitor than the Pop Tarts bowl? I don't.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:47 pm who doesn’t love pop tarts?
I have some pop tarts in my pantry currently left over from camping.
They are a great camping breakfast staple for either a. eating while you are preparing your breakfast b. putting on the fire for a bit and eating during breakfast or c. eating as your only breakfast if you don't have time to make it.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Some rumors out there that Jalon is looking to transfer. Total bullshit I'm sure, but still...
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:01 pm Some rumors out there that Jalon is looking to transfer. Total bullshit I'm sure, but still...
He doesn’t seem very interested in playing here, anyway.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:10 pm
They are a great camping breakfast staple for either a. eating while you are preparing your breakfast b. putting on the fire for a bit and eating during breakfast or c. eating as your only breakfast if you don't have time to make it.
I've never had a pop tart
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:48 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:10 pm
I've never had a pop tart
It is because you won't spring for dinner and a movie.
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

It’s Game Day Fella’s and possibly a long time till we see this OK again… Let’s ROLL
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Really didn't like the play call on 3rd and 7.
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

WOOOOOHOOOO! Great Read Great Pic!!!