Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Charges

Post by randylahey »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:37 pm So you think the election was rigged 20 years prior but don't think it could have been in 2020?
Remind me, what’d Gore do after the courts decided the issue?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:37 pm So you think the election was rigged 20 years prior but don't think it could have been in 2020?
Could have been. But conclusively shown it wasn’t. Strongly suggest you look up “conclusively” at www.m-w.com
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If there can be any doubt that faux-free-speech-absolutism has real world consequences.

https://twitter.com/antitoxicpeople/sta ... q_-8Yt1KMA

As a reminder: what Trump’s panties are twisted over is that the judge may forbid him from distorting discovery for the purposes of (1) tainting the juror pool, and (2) more broadly, using his prosecutions to further stir unrest.

Free speech is not an unlimited right, a magical get out of jail free card.

But because that fucking NONSENSE appeals to rubes, and because rubes are the (expendable but needed in a vague, aggregate sense) fuel to Trump’s engine, we’re going to end up in a place where millions of millions Americans will believe, in the depths of their souls, that Trump is being unjustly prosecuted for what he thought and what he said.

And of course, the sad irony underlying all of it is that, fundamentally, the argument is “not only is he allowed to lie to me, I am outraged that he is suffering consequences for acting on his lies to me.”

Tell me again this isn’t a cult.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Charles Manson didn't actually kill anybody.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It’s a bitch of a situation. If the judges act, they give him cards to play on appeal. If the judges do not act, at some point someone will get hurt or killed.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:51 am Charles Manson didn't actually kill anybody.
Henry the VIII didn't either
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

In 2000, Gore won the popular vote and Florida was run by Jeb Bush. W should have stood aside that time as he really had zero mandate. Instead, he ignored everything Clinton had done right and was caught unprepared within eight months.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:20 am In 2000, Gore won the popular vote and Florida was run by Jeb Bush. W should have stood aside that time as he really had zero mandate. Instead, he ignored everything Clinton had done right and was caught unprepared within eight months.
And, in that light, remind me what Gore did once the Supreme Court gave the answer it gave.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:58 am
Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:20 am In 2000, Gore won the popular vote and Florida was run by Jeb Bush. W should have stood aside that time as he really had zero mandate. Instead, he ignored everything Clinton had done right and was caught unprepared within eight months.
And, in that light, remind me what Gore did once the Supreme Court gave the answer it gave.
Gore immediately called for "slitting throats", didn't he?

“On bureaucracy, you know, we’re going to have all these deep state people, you know, we’re going to start slitting throats on Day One and be ready to go,” DeSantis said at a barbecue in Rye, N.H., on Sunday hosted by former senator Scott Brown (R-Mass.). “You’re going to see a huge, huge outcry because Washington wants to protect its own.”

The governor also mused last week about the possible need for the Defense Secretary to “slit some throats” while discussing changes he’d make at the Pentagon as president.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I read the indictment in full again over the weekend.

What struck me more than anything else, on this reading and in light of the bullshit free speech stuff, is how vital these charges are, and this prosecution is, to the functioning of state and local governments vis a vis elections.

It is overwhelmingly important that these actions result in consequences for trying to use state and local governments to break the law. We HAVE to show these local officials that they will be backed up in choosing country over party.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cool if true. It's completely not true but I can see why the easily duped get excited about it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If someone gets arrested for saying that then let me know. I'd be curious to know what the charge would be.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Right. That’s the nonsense in a nutshell.

It’s not a crime to say the sky is green.

It’s a crime to tell a blind person the sky is green and sell them green rain insurance.

It’s not about what The Defendant said. It’s about what The Defendant DID, knowing that what he said was a lie.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Speaking of equal treatment under the law.

https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/stat ... PzNG4aOfKQ

But of course the rube line on this will be that this is all part of the biggest deep state abuse of power in US history.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A little light Treason
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And here is reference to another of the at-least-two federal shoes that have yet to drop.

https://twitter.com/aweissmann_/status/ ... PzNG4aOfKQ
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:04 pm A little light Treason
^^^

"Technical" treason, isn't really treason.

Trump attorney, John Lauro
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor