COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Got my booster today in a Walgreens. Had a choice; laugh, get mad, or be indifferent to the fact they had multiple signs telling people to STAND at least 6 feet away from one another and yet they had chairs set up armrest to armrest (meaning zero distance between the armrests) with multiple people sitting next to each other. I chose to be indifferent.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:38 pm
Embattled Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers confirmed on Friday he's unvaccinated, claiming he's allergic to Covid-19 vaccines, has taken ivermectin and accused the "woke mob" of allegedly trying to "cancel" him.

:lol:

fucking idiot...how does he know he’s allergic to something if he’s never taken it?

this is straight gold

He invoked the memory of Martin Luther King, claiming the slain civil rights leader would have agreed that he had a "moral obligation to object to unjust rules and rules that make no sense."
The desire to be "anti-woke" can make people as dumb and hysterical as they feel the desire to be "woke" makes people.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

It’s just further proof that you don’t have to be intelligent to be a professional athlete. Rodgers showing to be a real fucking dumbdumb. This likely tarnishes his legacy forever.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:45 pm It’s just further proof that you don’t have to be intelligent to be a professional athlete. Rodgers showing to be a real fucking dumbdumb. This likely tarnishes his legacy forever.
It's proof that our parents line that "lying about a decision will usually get you in more trouble than the decision itself" was accurate.

Rodgers didn't want to listen to people spazzing out so he chose to lie repeatedly and now he finds himself here.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I know it's very very difficult here to think slightly in any way at all, any way, at all, differently, and that any push back, at all, is now instantly labeled as anti vax or what not but...

Rodgers is both an idiot for lying and not getting vaxed but also correct in the witch hunt comments.

There is an absolute glee in much of you to prove that if people dont exactly act the way you want people to act, they should suffer. Its built in this divide.

Loling for people dying.

And now just because I said this, people will flip and think, oh, we gotta go after pdub now, he doesn't agree exactly with us, even though I think Rodgers is a Moran for not just getting a shot.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I don’t laugh that the unvaxed are suffering or dying. I just don’t think those “good folks” deserve limited resources that need go to someone else.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:00 pm I know it's very very difficult here to think slightly in any way at all, any way, at all, differently, and that any push back, at all, is now instantly labeled as anti vax or what not but...

Rodgers is both an idiot for lying and not getting vaxed but also correct in the witch hunt comments.

There is an absolute glee in much of you to prove that if people dont exactly act the way you want people to act, they should suffer. Its built in this divide.

Loling for people dying.

And now just because I said this, people will flip and think, oh, we gotta go after pdub now, he doesn't agree exactly with us, even though I think Rodgers is a Moran for not just getting a shot.
Honestly, I think your argument makes sense for something like a tetanus vaccine, where the decision to not be vaccinated only affects the decision maker.

For an infectious disease that is spread person to person, the decision to not get vaccinated puts others at an increased risk. And I think that's the important point left out of all these "in defense of not being vaccinated" arguments.

And by that I mean, this isn't a witch hunt in the traditional sense of persecuting someone for making a dumb or unpopular decision. This is a decision that increases the chances of putting other people's lives at risk unnecessarily.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Leawood wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:19 pm I don’t laugh that the unvaxed are suffering or dying. I just don’t think those “good folks” deserve limited resources that need go to someone else.
Fair.
This is not what I’m talking about though.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there is something in the “pride” of sharing that we have been vaccinated or boosted and the ridiculing and schadenfraue of the plight of those who haven’t that shows there isn’t interest in problem solving or compromise but rather a stubborn satisfaction from either side in proving the other wrong.

Now, in this case, there’s a more correct side in most of our opinions. Or I’d like to think so. Much like I think we should get rid of and stop manufacturing all guns except bolt action, one shot at a time hunting firearms. Because it would prevent death.

But there are people who just believe different things. And consider the numbers provided as not as deadly of risk.

You can disagree. You can call them idiots. But to then wish for them to get fired from their jobs or die, well, that’s the stubborn, sad divide.

In my opinion.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:00 pm I know it's very very difficult here to think slightly in any way at all, any way, at all, differently, and that any push back, at all, is now instantly labeled as anti vax or what not but...

Loling for people dying.

Or maybe you perceive it that way because you want to.

Rodgers is right about some of this but he is clearly lying about a number of different things. When people try to dress up lying as being "critical thinkers" then they should not be surprised when people skewer them for it. Is Aaron Rodgers really amongst the tiny fraction of people who are actually allergic to an ingredient in those vaccines? Yeah, OK. We may be stupid but we aren't dumb.

I share updates on my vaccination status because I am excited to have the opportunity to protect myself and my family and hopeful that people see it and get motivated to do the same so that we can get to the other side of this long nightmare.

I am sick of talking about covid. I am sick of worrying about it. I am sick of masks and of those stupid 6 foot stickers on the ground everywhere. I am sick of the smell of hand sanitizer and I am sick of people acting like fucking morons about all of this and making obvious political decisions under the guise of "muh rights and freedums". We vaccinated our kids and ourselves all the time to attend school, work in various regions or join the military and didn't complain about it at all until this nonsense. All this resistance is just fake bullshit to justify toddler behavior.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m not “perceiving it that way because I want to”.
I’m somewhat active on social.
And this is a microcosm of it.

Posts on this exact thread you are typing in are loling at dying people and grandstanding saying they are above them.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I just care more about what's causing people to die than the reaction.

Both are bad. Willingly engaging in behaviors that unnecessarily increase the likelihood that people will die is worse, to me, than laughing at the consequences of that behavior.

And preventing the former (by everyone getting vaccinated) largely fixes the latter.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Stopping qusdahl and Cascadia from responding to covid deaths won't reduce future deaths from the virus.

Encouraging people to get vaccinated will.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But encouraging is different than ridiculing or hating.
There are better ways to encourage.

I don't think i'm way off base ( maybe i'm generalizing ) but SEL ( social emotional learning ) has been brought up here. If you created a venD I would wager a lot of kcrim bucks that there are a ton of people who strongly support SEL and also LOL about those getting sick and dying of COVID ( who were not vaccinated ).

To me, there is an irony in that group.

This is the group of people whom I take issue with.
Not those encouraging people to ( rightly so ) get vaccinated.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think the path to getting more people vaccinated is to meme blast and LOL.
I think very much that is the opposite path.
We can say it doesn't matter -- but I think in our social app driven media culture we live in, it very much does.

( also, don't take this as pdub is going to stop meme blasts -- no way sir -- meme and LOL away -- just not when we're talking about Mitch's BP40 on the BBB ).
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Well, I encourage you to be someone who encourages others to get vaccinated instead of worrying that Cascadia is a dick.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am that person -- but I don't make it an outward mantra of 'i'm better than you' that some ( or that i guess i perceive ) do.

Like I said, I think this bored is a microcosm of what i see in the social atmosphere ( unless everything I read are russian bots ). There are millions of Cascadias. And millions of randys.

Cascadia being Cascadia doesn't help the randys.

Hence also why I don't think Aaron Rodgers is wrong in his assessment of reactions after the fact -- despite being a moran and directly fucking with his teams Super Bowl hopes.