Fox and Friends

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Fox and Friends

Post by jhawks99 »

8 times is the charm, right? No? Next....
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Lol, Fox/Murdoch asked for a summary judgement to dismiss the Dominion Voting Systems $1.6 Billion libel suit, and Dominion has responded by filing a whole bunch of new evidence, (in addition to all the previous texts etc. they entered that Tucker and Hannity and Ingram knew they were lying), that pretty much means it's not if, but how much, Murdoch is going to have to pay. (Defamation suits are notoriously hard to win.) The story just broke so this post doesn't do it justice, but in addition to Hannity, Carlson, and Ingram, Murdoch also knew Trump's claims that the election was stolen were false. Yet, we all know what they did. Murdock also drags the Pillow Guy, but puts up with him because of the "green"...$.

Rupert Murdoch admitted some Fox commentators ‘endorsed’ election lies

...in a particularly explosive part of the filing, Dominion alleges that Murdoch provided Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor, Jared Kushner, with confidential network information about Joe Biden’s ads as well as debate strategy, citing an exhibit that remains under seal.

(They showed Kushner the Biden campaign's commercial they were going to run post-debate, before the debates.)

...In defense of Fox’s programming during the weeks after the election, the billionaire founder said in his deposition that his network was “trying to straddle the line between spewing conspiracy theories on one hand, yet calling out the fact that they are actually false on the other,” according to Monday’ filing.

“We were treating it as news that the president and his lawyers were saying this,” Murdoch is quoted as saying. But he also acknowledged some regret in Fox’s handling of the on-air claims. “I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it, in hindsight,” he said.

[...]

Edited to add from memory: And what's unsurprising at all, but affirming, is how interwoven Fox and the republican party are. In addition to working with Kushner, Murdoch called McConnell Jan 5th night, Jan 5th, and asked him to tell the other republican senators not to endorse Trump's claims the election was stolen...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Rupert's in tttttrrrrrroooouuuubbble.
Next up, Sweaty Rudy and Crazy Sydney.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I’m not sure Fox News survives this.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

unless their viewers stop watching, they’ll be fine

news cycles and attention spans…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:16 am unless their viewers stop watching, they’ll be fine

. . . and truth makes no difference to their viewers.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Can they take a billion dollar plus hit and still go on?
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:40 am Can they take a billion dollar plus hit and still go on?
Right. This is the question. And the "plus" is getting plussier.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I don’t remember if it was SNL but they envisioned Dominion owning a pillow company. In that vein, wonder how they would run a television network 😄
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:45 am I’m not sure Fox News survives this.
KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:16 am unless their viewers stop watching, they’ll be fine

Sadly ^^^.

And as the cult has shown us and Fox, they'll merely move on to another provider who confirms their aggrieved white supremacist fever dreams.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:09 pm

Sadly ^^^.

And as the cult has shown us and Fox, they'll merely move on to another provider who confirms their aggrieved white supremacist fever dreams.
Well sure. But those other providers don't have nearly Fox News' incumbency advantages.

I do genuinely wonder what should-know-better Rs will do here. Clearly this won't change their minds. So they'll be looking for other pretextual reasons to ignore this...and it seems certain they'll fall back on both-sides, false equivalency nonsense.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:45 pm
Feral wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:09 pm

Sadly ^^^.

Well sure. But those other providers don't have nearly Fox News' incumbency advantages.

I do genuinely wonder what should-know-better Rs will do here. Clearly this won't change their minds. So they'll be looking for other pretextual reasons to ignore this...and it seems certain they'll fall back on both-sides, false equivalency nonsense.
But, isn't it unreasonable to expect republicans to devote their energy to anything other than what's most important to the American people, prosecuting Fauci and Hunter Biden, and our pending national divorce?
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i lean republican. fauci and hb are not even on my list of $#!t that is important to me in 2023.

same goes for almost every real person i know. we could care less.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:25 pm
Classic
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:25 pm i lean republican. fauci and hb are not even on my list of $#!t that is important to me in 2023.

Why is there an abundance of people who can't comprehend the difference between could care less and could NOT care less? It's not a difficult concept. Is it?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Do you honestly hold on to hope that Mich can even care?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:57 pm Do you honestly hold on to hope that Mich can even care?
I could care more.