Another mass shooting

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:17 am in a perfect world, we wouldn’t need any golf balls
potd
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:32 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:17 am in a perfect world, we wouldn’t need any golf balls
potd
^^^^^
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Ssshhheeeeeiiiiitttt.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:46 pm "but I like it and want it because I like how my balls tingle when I shoot a gun"
You do know that doesn't happen, right?

Spoken like a man who watches far too much figure skating..🤣😉🙄
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:03 am In a perfect world i suppose we wouldn't need guns (although some people do only use them to hunt for food). But they exist and they are never going to unexist themselves.

In a perfect world we would need seat belts because everyone would be perfect drivers and there would be no car accidents.

And i would only need 1 golf ball because i would never hit it in the woods or water.

People were killing each other LONG before guns were ever even invented.
Sounds like a bunch of "it is what it is so why bother".

We don't live in a perfect world, thus the need to constantly reevaluate existing laws, the products being sold and how they are being used.

Some laws work well, others are dumb and worthless. Obviously "it is what it is" right now but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way forever.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:02 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:03 am In a perfect world i suppose we wouldn't need guns (although some people do only use them to hunt for food). But they exist and they are never going to unexist themselves.

In a perfect world we would need seat belts because everyone would be perfect drivers and there would be no car accidents.

And i would only need 1 golf ball because i would never hit it in the woods or water.

We don't live in a perfect world, thus the need to constantly reevaluate existing laws, the products being sold and how they are being used.

Some laws work well, others are dumb and worthless. Obviously "it is what it is" right now but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way forever.
You think we can rid the world of guns with laws?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:57 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:46 pm "but I like it and want it because I like how my balls tingle when I shoot a gun"

Don't confuse my wife's job with me. She doesn't study QA Testing techniques in her spare time and I dont watch figure skating in mine.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:06 am

Who said the goal was to rid the world of guns?
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:15 am

Don't confuse my wife's job with me. She doesn't study QA Testing techniques in her spare time and I dont watch figure skating in mine.
Haha....if we are in the honest tree right now i will go ahead and admit figure skating is one of my favorite winter Olympic events to watch.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am

Not you...but that is basically what gutter means when he frequently says if people didn't have guns then nobody would ever get shot (which is indeed a fact)....but guns are never going to not exist.

I am all for stricter gun laws fwiw.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:24 am
Not you...but that is basically what gutter means when he frequently says if people didn't have guns then nobody would ever get shot (which is indeed a fact)....but guns are never going to not exist.

Then don't spill your assumption of what someone else might mean over into what I am talking about. Talk to Gutter about that, not me.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:26 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:24 am

Then don't spill your assumption of what someone else might mean over into what I am talking about. Talk to Gutter about that, not me.
Ummm....i assume you realize that you responded to a post of mine that was responding to his posts?

You sorta jumped in it, not the other way around....now i know you don't read threads and i didn't quote gutter direct, but it was right below him and directed at him.

No big deal. But you came at me with the "it is what it is" silliness...spilling your assumptions over into a convo not directed at you. Ironic.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:21 am

Haha....if we are in the honest tree right now i will go ahead and admit figure skating is one of my favorite winter Olympic events to watch.
And I will make no attempt to question your "manliness" based off of that information like you were attempting to do to me. Surely you were "just kidding".

I've personally had my fill of skating and closed that chapter in my life long ago. I disappear to the basement to watch something else or to play a game when it comes on. But I am glad you enjoy it.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:30 am
And I will make no attempt to question your "manliness" based off of that information like you were attempting to do to me. Surely you were "just kidding".

I've personally had my fill of skating and closed that chapter in my life long ago. I disappear to the basement to watch something else or to play a game when it comes on. But I am glad you enjoy it.
I didn't question your manliness at all....and yes i was obviously kidding about the figure skating.

But let's be real here, you were the one attacking manliness and saying stupid things about guns making balls tingle. You frequently attack anything you view as masculine for some reason (my guess is to show how woke you are, but that is just a guess)....and shooting guns isn't necessarily masculine at all. Plenty of women enjoy shooting guns too i would imagine.

You don't have to be anti masculine to be a feminist supporter. Masculinity doesn't have to be misogynistic. It is okay to be masculine. It's about being respectful.

You do a shitload of virtue signaling around here. We know you are a good dude. You don't need to attack things/people you clearly know very little about to prove it to us.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:39 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:30 am

I didn't question your manliness at all....and yes i was obviously kidding about the figure skating.

But let's be real here, you were the one attacking manliness and saying stupid things about guns making balls tingle. You frequently attack anything you view as masculine for some reason (my guess is to show how woke you are, but that is just a guess)....and shooting guns isn't necessarily masculine at all. Plenty of women enjoy shooting guns too i would imagine.

You don't have to be anti masculine to be a feminist supporter. Masculinity doesn't have to be misogynistic. It is okay to be masculine. It's about being respectful.

You do a shitload of virtue signaling around here. We know you are a good dude. You don't need to attack things/people you clearly know very little about to prove it to us.
Spoken like a man who watches far too much figure skating.
Deleted User 310

😘😘😘
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

My first thought is, man do guns make a tense situation a deadly situation in a hurry, and I’m not sure that’s “safer”

My second thought was, what’s the threshold for “standing your ground?” By its nature, I dunno if it requires any attempt to retreat. Was deadly force necessary?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That seems to be the same as the first dude Rittenhouse killed. Someone was coming at him, but seemingly not to kill the person.

In both cases it strikes me as a homicide (not sure if victim died in this one). You shouldn't be able to shoot someone for threatening to start a fist fight.
Deleted User 310

Deadly force was probably not necessary, but play stupid games win stupid prizes. I think he knew that guy had a gun, that is why he is saying "what you can't handle it like a man? i am half your size"....dude clearly has his arm in his backpack holding something while he is trying to deescalate the situation by walking away from the guy. He did plenty, but the guy kept coming at him. He doesn't have to wait until he is about to die to defend himself. Hell, he gave him more time/leeway than we've seen some cops do in situations where people end up getting shot. I don’t think the black dude will get in trouble if he didn't break any laws. Hopefully the other dude survives.