Fox and Friends

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Fox and Friends

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:25 pm i lean republican. fauci and hb are not even on my list of $#!t that is important to me in 2023.

same goes for almost every real person i know. we could care less.
Are you thus suggesting that real persons didn’t vote for all the Republicans in Congress who have investigating Fauci and Hunter Biden on the top of their list?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Does anyone really draw equal comparison to a President breaking rules AND laws on a weekly basis to Fauci making recommendations based on the best available data at the time with the public’s best interest in mind?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:21 pm Well, ah...hmm...there is this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59485508
She has had one spectacularly sad and far fall:

When Lara Logan reached the heights of American journalism more than a decade ago, as the chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News, her bosses didn’t think twice about sending her to cover the biggest stories in the world. Producers clamored to work with her as she landed interviews with a Taliban commander, chronicled the Arab Spring and tracked the Ebola outbreak. Former President Barack Obama called her to wish her well after the most traumatic event of what seemed like a limitless career: She was sexually assaulted while covering a demonstration in Cairo’s Tahrir Square in 2011.

But today Ms. Logan cuts a far different figure in American media. Instead of on national news broadcasts, she can be found as a guest on right-wing podcasts or speaking at a rally for fringe causes, promoting falsehoods about deaths from Covid vaccines and conspiracy theories about voter fraud.

Recently, she downplayed the seriousness of the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol on one of those shows.

“This is now the crime of the century?” she asked sarcastically. She has echoed pro-Kremlin attacks on the United States, accusing Americans of “arming the Nazis of Ukraine.” And she has compared Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and Hillary Clinton to some of Hitler’s most notorious henchmen.

Her latest project is a forthcoming documentary on voting machines called “Selection Code” that is being financed by Mike Lindell, the chief executive of My Pillow, who has helped spread some of the most outrageous myths about the 2020 presidential election...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:22 pm

She has had one spectacularly sad and far fall:

When Lara Logan reached the heights of American journalism more than a decade ago, as the chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News, her bosses didn’t think twice about sending her to cover the biggest stories in the world. Producers clamored to work with her as she landed interviews with a Taliban commander, chronicled the Arab Spring and tracked the Ebola outbreak. Former President Barack Obama called her to wish her well after the most traumatic event of what seemed like a limitless career: She was sexually assaulted while covering a demonstration in Cairo’s Tahrir Square in 2011.

But today Ms. Logan cuts a far different figure in American media. Instead of on national news broadcasts, she can be found as a guest on right-wing podcasts or speaking at a rally for fringe causes, promoting falsehoods about deaths from Covid vaccines and conspiracy theories about voter fraud.

Recently, she downplayed the seriousness of the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol on one of those shows.

“This is now the crime of the century?” she asked sarcastically. She has echoed pro-Kremlin attacks on the United States, accusing Americans of “arming the Nazis of Ukraine.” And she has compared Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and Hillary Clinton to some of Hitler’s most notorious henchmen.

Her latest project is a forthcoming documentary on voting machines called “Selection Code” that is being financed by Mike Lindell, the chief executive of My Pillow, who has helped spread some of the most outrageous myths about the 2020 presidential election...
99's first ever hashtag

#suemetoo
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Proof that not all the news these days is bad:

I keep wondering if some of the officers, et al, who were injured in the failed coup by Trump and his traitors on Jan 6th don't have a case to make against Fox and the traitors there for damages?

Fox News braces for more turbulence as second defamation lawsuit advances

As Rupert Murdoch’s Fox Corporation battles to contain the Dominion lawsuit scandal that has engulfed its top executives and stars, another crisis is building in the wings that has the potential to cause further turbulence for the media empire.

Smartmatic USA Corporation’s lawsuit against Fox News has attracted only a fraction of the attention garnered by the legal action of Dominion Voting Systems. Yet both firms are suing Fox for defamation related to its coverage of Donald Trump’s stolen-election lie, and both pose a serious threat to Fox’s finances and reputation.

In fact, on paper Smartmatic’s suit appears to be the more dangerous. It’s demanding damages of $2.7bn, compared with Dominion’s $1.6bn.

So far, attempts by Fox lawyers to have the Smartmatic case dismissed have fallen on stony ground. Last week the New York state supreme court in Manhattan gave the green light for the case to proceed against Fox News, the Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo, the former business anchor Lou Dobbs and Trump’s former lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

""What you see on Dr Fauci - this is what people say to me: that he doesn't represent science to them. He represents Josef Mengele," she said as a commentator during the segment.

"Dr Josef Mengele, the Nazi doctor who did experiments on Jews during the Second World War and in the concentration camps. And I am talking about people all around the world are saying this," she went on."

Ah, the journalist integrity claim of "people all around the world are saying this".

Trump would be so proud.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:34 am

""What you see on Dr Fauci - this is what people say to me: that he doesn't represent science to them. He represents Josef Mengele," she said as a commentator during the segment.

"Dr Josef Mengele, the Nazi doctor who did experiments on Jews during the Second World War and in the concentration camps. And I am talking about people all around the world are saying this," she went on."

Ah, the journalist integrity claim of "people all around the world are saying this".

Trump would be so proud.
""people all around the world are saying this"

Is that phrase the international equivalent of "some people say" we hear so often from journalists in the right wing domestic media?

I'm just asking...
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:23 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:34 am

Trump would be so proud.
""people all around the world are saying this"

Is that phrase the international equivalent of "some people say" we hear so often from journalists in the right wing domestic media?

I'm just asking...
It seems to add a ton of credibility to any ignorant comment just to throw a "but I heard people saying it" on it at the end. Then you can blame how stupid a comment it is on those you allegedly heard it from and not yourself. "Just pointing out what a lot of people worldwide are saying".
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s very randy-esque
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The whole "speaking a problem into existence" thing is one of the dumber things the right does ALL OF THE TIME...and yet it works like a charm. Rubes take it hook, line and sinker.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:25 pm The whole "speaking a problem into existence" thing is one of the dumber things the right does ALL OF THE TIME...and yet it works like a charm. Rubes take it hook, line and sinker.
You sound awake.
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:17 pm it’s very randy-esque
Nuh uh....Randy knows. See is a knower.

He always knew, all along.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:28 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:17 pm it’s very randy-esque
Nuh uh....Randy knows. See is a knower.

He always knew, all along.
"I never ask my clients to judge me on my losers. I ask them to judge me on my winners because I have so many."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Tucker Carlson's portrayal of the deadly Jan. 6 attack as a largely peaceful event on his prime-time Fox News show set off a dangerous new wave of social media chatter that includes death threats against Capitol police officers and Democratic leaders, according to experts who monitor extremism and a report from Advance Democracy shared exclusively with USA TODAY. 
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:29 pm
Tucker Carlson's portrayal of the deadly Jan. 6 attack as a largely peaceful event on his prime-time Fox News show set off a dangerous new wave of social media chatter that includes death threats against Capitol police officers and Democratic leaders, according to experts who monitor extremism and a report from Advance Democracy shared exclusively with USA TODAY. 
It's exactly the same as gun control.

It is simply unavoidable, at the relevant scale, that "outlier" bad-apple outcomes will occur, and that those outcomes will cost lives.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I saw that thread and wished I could consolidate it and post it here.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:44 pm
I saw that thread and wished I could consolidate it and post it here.
“Your honor, my client - the defendant in this trial, who is being tried for mixing chemicals used in a bomb-making operation - vehemently OBJECTS to footage of the building’s explosion being shown to the jury.”
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas