Kenosha

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Kenosha

Post by ousdahl »

I didn’t see Kyle’s lawyer interview.

Anyone got a link, or some Cliff Alexander notes?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:01 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 am
jfish26 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:49 am

Again, you think you’re being so clever by picking and choosing the narrowest aspects of this and pretending there isn’t anything else going on.

Where do you think the defense got all the money for jury consultants, mock trials etc.? I believe the lead defense lawyer when he says he’s not a cause lawyer. But, the culture war-stoking right is what funded the defense. And that was very very VERY much about race.
So, you know this to be fact, or you just want it to be so? If it is the former, I’d love to see some evidence.
On what exactly? Who funded the defense? Go find the lead lawyer’s interview with Chris Cuomo from last night. He’s quite transparent about all of this.
I did a pretty thorough search on the Google machine and came up with pretty much zilch. Looks like a lot of private individuals contributed, as did some in the public eye. As would be expected, the lead attorney is not giving out donor information, as they may not want their names associated with the whole mess.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Rittenhouse is a dead man walking.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I condone no violence, but yea, he’s on a lot of shit lists right meow.

And, man…has anybody stopped and thought about just how much Republican pussy he must be getting this weekend?!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:11 am 5 questions of the day for psych!

a. Do you think anyone would have been out there protesting if a cop didn’t shoot a black dude 7 times in the back in front of his kids?

I'm sure some of them were protesting for that very reason. I'm guessing there were also plenty of opportunists who were out there to get their fire-starting, property-destruction, general mayhem jollies. At any rate, the Constitution guarantees the right to peaceful protest and peaceful assembly. Riots don't fall in that category.

b. Do you think the Kenosha protests would have been as likely or as escalated if the nation wasn’t already in the wake of the protests over a cop kneeling on a handcuffed black guy’s neck for 9 minutes as he cried for his mommy?

No idea.

2. Was Kyle out protesting in favor of BLM, or did he go out instead as some rogue force against it?
Since all I have to go on is his sworn testimony, I'll choose Option C - neither. He was asked to defend private property from being destroyed by out of control people.

3. Even if the OK hand sign was just an innocent coincidence, then why was Kyle posing for photo ops with the Proud Boys either way?
So, the Proud Boys are White Nationalists, even though they have membership from mutliple races? You are, I assume, aware that the Chairman of the Proud Boys, who is doing a 75 day stretch in the pokey for his actions surrounding January 6th, is a gentleman named Enrique Tarrio, who is decidedly not White.

4. If all the paramilitary cops just casually drove right past a kid fleeing with an assault rifle, who or what exactly were they looking for, then?
People burning and looting and destroying buildings, maybe? You know, the important stuff?

5. When an oppressed demographic says “race is totally a factor” and when the oppressor demographic says “this has nothing to do with race,” which view is more appropriate to hold as the more objective valid truth?
I don't buy the "opporessor" premise of your CRT talking points, so I have nothing to say to your question, aside from a protracted sigh and eye roll that you can neither see nor hear.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:09 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:20 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:15 am

The White man (actually kid) and those he shot were in conflict due to what began as a racial issue. True or not?
You really have no idea if Rittenhouse has any association to/with white supremacy - or not. Do you?
So, because it was a racial issue that touched off the riots, anyone who tried to defend private property being destroyed is racist? That’s a pretty big leap in logic.

As to your second question, I have no evidence to tell me that he wasn’t, other than the fact that he wasn’t targeting people of color, nor do I have evidence that he was. Neither do you. So, why jump to negative, unwarranted conclusions?
The notion that this had anything to do with defending private property is absurd. Give it a break.
And you know this how? Are you a mind reader? Or are you just pushing assumptions that give weight to your prejudices?

Never mind, I already know the answer. (See how that works?)
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:55 am Nice try, CoyDC!

If you’d like me to reply to your question, I only think it’s fair for you to reply to my questions first.
Hey, if you're gonna call me names, at least have the decency to 'splain to me what you're accusing me of.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:36 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:34 pm Sour grapes around here are palpable. You all should go out and break some windows, set some fires, and throw some rocks. That'll show 'em!
Are there any reports of this? Or are you just showing your ass?
You were saying . . .?

https://www.kptv.com/deputies-riot-decl ... 5294a.html

To wit:

"According to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, an estimated 200 "hostile" people protested at the Justice Center in the downtown area of the city around 8:45 p.m. PT, throwing "urine, alcoholic beverages, water bottles, and batteries" at deputies blocking the ramp entrance into the complex.

"Because a large group of people were engaging in tumultuous and violent conduct, and further entry into the building would have posed significant implications and grave risk of causing public alarm, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office declared a riot," the office said in a statement Saturday."
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

"He was asked to defend private property from being destroyed by out of control people."

No, he wasn't.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:16 pm "He was asked to defend private property from being destroyed by out of control people."

No, he wasn't.
Car Source, Inc. of Kenosha says hello.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Watch the testimony. Dude was bending over backward to either pretend he didn’t speak English or avoid admitting that he asked Rittenhouse to guard the lot. It was almost comical. Not believable in the least.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not sure it works this way, but if they DID ask Kyle to be their security that night, would that put them on the hook for civil liability?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:16 pm Not sure it works this way, but if they DID ask Kyle to be their security that night, would that put them on the hook for civil liability?
They didn't, so it doesn't
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:48 pm
Overlander wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:16 pm "He was asked to defend private property from being destroyed by out of control people."

No, he wasn't.
Car Source, Inc. of Kenosha says hello.
Does the hook in your lip hurt?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:37 am
sdoyel wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:20 am Fox News was very much allowed in the Rittenhouse family and Legal Defense inner-circle. The lawyer admitted as much last night on Cuomo.
The lawyer had some pretty impressive thoughts on the challenges Rittenhouse will face going forward. Suffice it to say becoming Tucker’s apprentice is not consistent with what the lawyer advised.
The same lawyer who made a point of saying Rittenhouse has PTSD and is being treated for it. Right?
I wonder if his therapist was consulted before he/they made the decision to go on Carlson's show.
R&U says - Fuck 'em ALL.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:16 pm Not sure it works this way, but if they DID ask Kyle to be their security that night, would that put them on the hook for civil liability?
That's why they were evasive. They didn't want to get sued. Right out of the Bill Clinton book of "It depends what the meaning of the word 'is' is."
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:11 pm
Watch the testimony. Dude was bending over backward to either pretend he didn’t speak English or avoid admitting that he asked Rittenhouse to guard the lot. It was almost comical. Not believable in the least.
Um, it's on the record, just like your body walking free.