Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
DrPepper

Re: Totally random thread

Post by DrPepper »

The burrito place I like has thanksgiving burritos all November. They are soooo good. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. I skip the gravy (too salty).

A guy at the next table just ordered the glutton. They used to put pictures up on the wall if you finished it in 30 minutes. I’ve never seen someone even order one before. The guy literally looks like a lumber jack (big, but not fat). Flannel shirt and red stocking cap. The cool thing is that he ordered chips with his glutton burrito. Ha ha
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I had completely forgotten about Limp Bizkit. My God, what a horrible fucking band. How did this band ever become popular?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The nookie....duh. it's what they did it all for
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:27 pm The nookie....duh. it's what they did it all for
This is an interview with my favorite action sports guy. Skip to 12:50 to hear a hilarious Limp Bizkit story:

https://youtu.be/Yn47rqiN76I
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Free Solo

just watched the full piece, and can’t decide if this is the dumbest or bravest thing i’ve seen, but it is by far the most impressive feat of human strength, focus, and perseverance

https://youtu.be/FRGF77fBAeM
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its impressive and retarded and completely asinine.

As a general rule I dislike climbers. I'm not a huge fan of hippies (although I dont mind them too much, there fairly harmless usually) and climbers are like this completely unbridled wave of snooty hippies. They are so very much better than everyone and not ashamed to tell the world how great they are......which is an odd trait for a hippy.

They are like a vegan crossfitter. They cant decide which part of their awesomeness to start talking about first.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

i’m sure they’re all like that

;)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sometimes even though it’s a decade earlier than my generation and frowned upon as sleeping bag rock, I think Don Henley and Steve Winwood have some good shit.

Also, Tom Waits is annoying for 70 percent of his songs, but the other ones he crushes.
Deleted User 62

TDub wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:50 pm Its impressive and retarded and completely asinine.

As a general rule I dislike climbers. I'm not a huge fan of hippies (although I dont mind them too much, there fairly harmless usually) and climbers are like this completely unbridled wave of snooty hippies. They are so very much better than everyone and not ashamed to tell the world how great they are......which is an odd trait for a hippy.

They are like a vegan crossfitter. They cant decide which part of their awesomeness to start talking about first.
I know which of their lifestyles has a 100% better chance of ending up in a trauma center.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Some climbers are some really strong athletes, and I respect that.

But on some primordial level, I find more reward in the valleys than the peaks.

Why labor to the top of the mountain when life relies on the rivers at the bottom?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

From extreme climbers to chocolate buttholes.....

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a25628 ... y1t4UvNcws
Deleted User 89

so what was grandma googling when “she” found that?

nevermind, don’t really want to know...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Trash day for me has been on Monday for the last 20+ years. Until we moved 10 weeks ago. Now it's on Thursday. I've forgotten to take the trash out twice since then.
Defense. Rebounds.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Saw a bumper sticker tonight, "HONK is you like peace and quiet"
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:31 pm Trash day for me has been on Monday for the last 20+ years. Until we moved 10 weeks ago. Now it's on Thursday. I've forgotten to take the trash out twice since then.
bad husband

At least it's not summer, and hopefully there were no dirty diapers in there, because that rockets the TPPF, the trash potential putrid factor, way up the scale.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Feral wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:36 am
jhawks99 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:31 pm Trash day for me has been on Monday for the last 20+ years. Until we moved 10 weeks ago. Now it's on Thursday. I've forgotten to take the trash out twice since then.
bad husband

At least it's not summer, and hopefully there were no dirty diapers in there, because that rockets the TPPF, the trash potential putrid factor, way up the scale.
Grandbaby is with her mom and dad in Minnesota. No diapers here.
Good thing is, I remembered this week.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Harry Morton died.
Harry's grandfather was Arnie. Arnie was a Chicago "icon". Arnie had I think 5 or 6 or maybe even 7 kids but Peter and Michael were the two best known kids and David was kind of in the background but still a very successful businessman. They all own/ed many restaurants and hotel/s.
Harry was Peter's son. Sad but not shocking to me that Harry died. I'm not going to speculate how and why he died but let's just say the Morton's were known to live a "crazy" lifestyle at times.
Ok, all that being said, a friend of mine posted on Facebook that Harry had died and shared an article from Hollywoodreporter.com.
A friend responded - "I hate when our tight family as old dear friends post private stuff that only hurts the family more, u know better HZ".
My response to her was simply - What is/was private that HZ posted? He shared a public article and it's all over the news. Heck, Harry's "spokesperson" came out with a public statement".
I put the odds at 2-1 she comes back with a condescending response.
Stay tuned.

P.S. Side note - Harry was know to have dated Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore, and Hayden Panettiere.
Me too. In my dreams.
Deleted User 62

JFC
Deleted User 289

^^^^^
YES!
Perfect response! Couldn't have said it better myself.

On unfortunate death related news......

Kind of crazy when you grow up in a town of about 8,500 people and two of your 53 year old fellow classmates (and good friends) die of heart attacks within three months of each other.
Very sad. Two fantastic guys. May they rest in peace.
Deleted User 289

Question with a way too long preface.

You live in an apartment building and your door is rattling a bit because you have a window open.
It's 6:00pm and the reason it rattles is because there is a cross breeze happening due to your neighbor across the hall having their window open too.
Easy solution. You can stick a door stop firmly under your door.
As you are about to do it you have a different neighbor knock on your door. You answer it.
The neighbor is pissed and tells you you need to do something about it in a not nice manner.
You sincerely apologize and tell the neighbor why it was rattling, and what you were about to do. The neighbor walks away in a huff and slams her door shut.
Fuck her.

Fast forward 2 months. Your neighbor acquires (buys/adopts?) a dog. A little yapper dog who doesn't shut the fuck up and yaps all hours of the day, night, morning.
It's 3:00am and the fucking dog is yapping. Granted, if I am in my bedroom I can't really hear it (it's very faint if I do/can hear it) but if I am in my living room I can hear it loud and clear.
Is it wrong to knock on the neighbor's door and say, hey it's 3:00am is there something/anything you can please do about the dog?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Of course I can knock on her door - but what is she going to do?
I know, it's my fault for living in an apartment and tough shit. Right?