COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:12 am Feel better fish.
^^^^^^^
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I don't believe in that "global conspiracy" and it's an extremely far fetched concept but......Of course some investors can and do make a lot of money when the economy suffers and right or wrong, I believe it's MONEY that makes the world go round more than anything else. That includes religion and politics.

P.S. Fish - I'm glad you are doing ok!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

delta wasn't doing it anymore. so they change the name to omichrome and put the "breaking news" graphics on heavy rotation.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:08 am

snooze. snore.
FYP
The part you edited and deleted was the only intelligent part of your post.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:08 am delta wasn't doing it anymore. so they change the name to omichrome and put the "breaking news" graphics on heavy rotation.
https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1465145 ... 48928?s=21
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:57 am I don't believe in that "global conspiracy" and it's an extremely far fetched concept but......Of course some investors can and do make a lot of money when the economy suffers and right or wrong, I believe it's MONEY that makes the world go round more than anything else. That includes religion and politics.

you’re absolutely correct that some will profit

now, connect the dots between those profiting (globally) and those imposing and/or supporting lockdowns (globally), showing that the effort is coordinated, and maaaybe you’d have a conspiracy
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the holidays are upon us. the delta was loosing its' luster. presto chango. omnichrome.
Deleted User 89

except for fact that the rest of the world doesn’t necessarily celebrate these holidays
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I know multiple people who tested positive/negative with their Antigen test and then received an opposite result with the PCR.
I would be interested to know the true percentage of false positives and false negatives on the Antigen tests - and PCRs.
Imagine being told you "tested" positive or negative for cancer, relying solely on that result, and the results were wrong.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:08 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:57 am I don't believe in that "global conspiracy" and it's an extremely far fetched concept but......Of course some investors can and do make a lot of money when the economy suffers and right or wrong, I believe it's MONEY that makes the world go round more than anything else. That includes religion and politics.

now, connect the dots between those profiting (globally) and those imposing and/or supporting lockdowns (globally), showing that the effort is coordinated, and maaaybe you’d have a conspiracy
Exactly.
But.... These days, I think it's not a terrible idea to be at least a little bit leery.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:13 am I know multiple people who tested positive/negative with their Antigen test and then received an opposite result with the PCR.
I would be interested to know the true percentage of false positives and false negatives on the Antigen tests - and PCRs.
Imagine being told you "tested" positive or negative for cancer, relying solely on that result, and the results were wrong.
In my case, I took both PCR and antigen yesterday (the former because I was going to travel internationally this week, the latter because I suspected Covid due to not being able to smell anything).

We went ahead and cancelled this morning; even if PCR somehow comes back negative, I would need a negative antigen to get back into the US, or else face a mandatory 14-day quarantine in Canada. Can't take that risk with kids at home etc.

Were I single or at least kidless, I might feel differently.
Deleted User 89

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:13 am I know multiple people who tested positive/negative with their Antigen test and then received an opposite result with the PCR.
Shit happens with science. A diagnosis of anything rare should be double checked.

There was a time when HIV tests that gave false positives at just a 5% rate - but due to the rareness of the disease, a positive test was more likely a false positive than an actual positive.
Deleted User 89

positive predictive value of antigen tests varies with disease prevalence…so, it can be less effective relative to RT-PCR

fda recommends a confirmatory pcr test in the case of positive antigen test, particularly in low-incidence geographies
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:08 am

And consider the losers in the economy. Somehow the winners of the lockdown lottery had more control over governments and the medical community than the losers? It was just a year and a half ago that oil prices went negative as demand went to nothing. I thought the oil companies were all in on the big fixes, but I guess not.

Conspiracy theories are for the losers. It is an excuse for their lack of ability to deal with change. They think themselves too smart and too hard working and too something for the continuation of their glide path through life to take a turn for the worse. Once it goes bad, it has to be because some greedy cabal is out there, stealing their dream. It's the only explanation they can accept. Adapting to a changing world is not in their DNA.

Consider the root word for "conservative". Conserve - To preserve with sugar. Remember the good old days, when folks was folks and everyone on TV looked like me and Andy Taylor never drew his gun and the good guys won and women stayed home and cooked dinner for everyone and everyone went to the same church on Sunday and then went home to watch Bonanza? So does Josh Hawley.

If you are sitting around pining for a society that never really existed except on TV or in small isolated towns then you are lost. Get over it bitch.

The reason big conspiracy theories don't hold water is because everyone who is in on "it", has to keep it to themselves.

That's not how humans work, we can't keep shit to ourselves.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

potd, japhy!
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

zsn wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:57 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:24 pm
sdoyel wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:05 pm Latest conspiracy theories I’ve been reading over on the Twatter is that the vaccines are creating mutations. 🐑
It’s all Trumps fault.
Not “all”, but “mostly”

About 300,000 people may still be alive if it wasn’t for the DFIC, and we may have kept the mutations to a minimum
Biden strategy not working.

Nov. 22, 2021 -- The number of COVID-19 deaths recorded so far in 2021 has surpassed the total for 2020, according to the latest data from Johns Hopkins University.

Overall, more than 771,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported in the U.S. during the pandemic. About 385,000 were reported in 2020, according to CDC data, and more than 386,000 have been reported this year.

The 2021 total will continue to increase in coming weeks as COVID-19 cases rise again in 30 states, according to The Hill. The national average for new daily cases has surpassed 90,000 again.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the administration is adrift. they have no handle at all. it goes where it goes.
Deleted User 89

dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:17 am
zsn wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:57 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:24 pm

It’s all Trumps fault.
Not “all”, but “mostly”

About 300,000 people may still be alive if it wasn’t for the DFIC, and we may have kept the mutations to a minimum
Biden strategy not working.

Nov. 22, 2021 -- The number of COVID-19 deaths recorded so far in 2021 has surpassed the total for 2020, according to the latest data from Johns Hopkins University.

Overall, more than 771,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported in the U.S. during the pandemic. About 385,000 were reported in 2020, according to CDC data, and more than 386,000 have been reported this year.

The 2021 total will continue to increase in coming weeks as COVID-19 cases rise again in 30 states, according to The Hill. The national average for new daily cases has surpassed 90,000 again.
there’s no way to know if it would work because not everyone is following it

a third of the country has decided to do their own thing
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:23 am the administration is adrift. they have no handle at all. it goes where it goes.
you and dolo should get a room

i’m sure everyone would prefer your reach-arounds to be private