Post by Deleted User 89 »

^^^
Deleted User 863

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:21 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:18 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:12 am
last report i heard on the news was that ICUs were at 102% capacity…whatever that actually means

they first went to an ER here in the valley and were turned away and told to go to Park City. that’s all i know
I only ask because at some hospitals around IL they have empty rooms, but not enough staff to consider them open beds.
Well what is the difference? It's an ICU not a hotel.
The difference between an empty room in a hospital and an empty room that can be filled with a patient because they have the staffing to utilize it for hospital purposes?
Deleted User 89

whatever point are you trying to make, just make it

we all know, or at least it’s been widely reported, that there are staffing shortages across the country

i really don’t know what the relevance is. getting turned away from a hospital is getting turned away
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bottom line, they can't take new patients. If the term "available bed" is more accurate, it's just arguing semantics.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 am whatever point are you trying to make, just make it

we all know, or at least it’s been widely reported, that there are staffing shortages across the country

i really don’t know what the relevance is. getting turned away from a hospital is getting turned away
He's trying to get to a blame Biden stance.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:18 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:12 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:29 am

Curious about SLC "no bebs" available....are they out of "staffed beds" or simply out of beds period because hospitals are overflowing?

IL has started differentiating between the 2 because there's a difference.

We currently have 641 covid patients in ICU out of 3,043 staffed ICU beds....but we only have 359 beds available due to all the other reasons people are in ICUs.

We have 284 patients on ventilators out of over 5k available.
last report i heard on the news was that ICUs were at 102% capacity…whatever that actually means

they first went to an ER here in the valley and were turned away and told to go to Park City. that’s all i know
I only ask because at some hospitals around IL they have empty rooms, but not enough staff to consider them open beds.
Sitting in a hospital bed with no staff available to treat you because they have reached the max capacity of patients they can treat is no different than not having a hospital bed. In both cases, the hospital is unable to treat you and you are left to find other alternatives if you want or need to be treated.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:35 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 am whatever point are you trying to make, just make it

Nah, just making an unnecessary detour for the sake of arguing semantics because he read an article.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'll take checkboxes for $500 Alex.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thank you for your interest in this position, however we just don’t think you’re quite the right fit here. While your skill set and experience are both impressive, you just don’t display the desperation we look for in our employees”
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Heading out soon to get my booster.
Not looking forward to it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

maybe his ratings are so high because people think it’s a comedy bit?
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:07 pm Heading out soon to get my booster.
i wouldn’t worry

i know some have had reactions, but mine was incredibly mild (and i got the flu jab at the same time)

(plus you’ll be even more magnetized and trackable after)
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:09 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:07 pm Heading out soon to get my booster.
i wouldn’t worry

i know some have had reactions, but mine was incredibly mild (and i got the flu jab at the same time)

(plus you’ll be even more magnetized and trackable after)
Not the side effects, the shot itself. Hate needles.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If it gets some of his male viewers to vaccinate, so be it.
Deleted User 89

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, dotting the lines here, Tucker Carlson has had Covid 3 times
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:42 am

Nah, just making an unnecessary detour for the sake of arguing semantics because he read an article.
Not at all.

I provided stats from my area.

I was curious if SLC literally didn't build big enough hospitals to accommodate patients in a pandemic, OR if people getting turned away was more due to their likely privately owned hospitals not paying essential workers enough to entice enough people to work for them so that they're fully staffed.

That's all.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:58 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:42 am

Not at all.

I provided stats from my area.

I was curious if
(1)SLC literally didn't build big enough hospitals to accommodate patients in a pandemic,
OR
(2)if people getting turned away was more due to their likely privately owned hospitals not paying essential workers enough to entice enough people to work for them so that they're fully staffed.

That's all.
These are clearly the only two possibilities.