COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:01 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:58 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:42 am

Nah, just making an unnecessary detour for the sake of arguing semantics because he read an article.
Not at all.

I provided stats from my area.

I was curious if
(1)SLC literally didn't build big enough hospitals to accommodate patients in a pandemic,
OR
(2)if people getting turned away was more due to their likely privately owned hospitals not paying essential workers enough to entice enough people to work for them so that they're fully staffed.

That's all.
These are clearly the only two possibilities.
I am sure it couldn't be 3) too many essential workers dead, unable to work due to long haul issues related to covid they contracted at work or who have switched careers after being physically and emotionally exhausted from the grueling work of working massive amounts of hours trying to save the lives of ungrateful patients who curse and swear at them.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i can’t quickly find info on proportion of hospitalized that are vaccinated or not, but this is telling (and not surprising if you’ve been paying attention):

Deleted User 89

they’ve recently sent patients to Vegas because of the limited capacity

imo, it’s a combination of 1) the unvaccinated, and 2) EVERYONE being too eager to “get back to normal”

edit: positivity rate has been hovering b/t 10-15% for weeks, if not months
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Third shot yesterday, third time not having side effects. I think I am the only person I know who is 3 for 3 on that.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Mjl wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:54 pm Third shot yesterday, third time not having side effects. I think I am the only person I know who is 3 for 3 on that.
Do you know me? If so, you're not the only person you know. ;)
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Mjl wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:54 pm Third shot yesterday, third time not having side effects. I think I am the only person I know who is 3 for 3 on that.
Me
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

3rd today. My whole arm hurts like a mudder. No other issues.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I stand corrected.

Maybe it's just the fact that a lack of symptoms isn't a mentionable thing.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:43 pm 3rd today. My whole arm hurts like a mudder. No other issues.
My wife had minor aches and a headache. I had 101 fever, headache from hell, upset stomach, the works.

It’s weird how it affects people differently.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

It’s a start
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We are about to find out what a pandemic free-for-all looks like in Methzoorah. Our AG in an attempt to be more Trumpy than his opponent for Boy Runt’s Senate seat, serial abuser Eric Greitens, has decided to go all in on covid denial and freedum. He has declared all mask ordinances in the State to be unconstitutional, same for vaccine mandates and no one is required to quarantine including school children in case of illness and some Counties have stopped keeping records of positive tests or doing any contact tracing.

Wee Ho! Freedum!

There is much celebratin in the Ozarks as they are now free to infect everyone as they please and git sick and becum herd immune while sippin ivermectin tea on the front porch and whittlin and askin momma "is the fried squirrels brains ready?".

The city folks have resisted and now Eric Schmidt is suing Columbia and soon KC and ST Louis schools to make some points with the grievance rube folks.

We’uns gots all our shots and none of them had any side effects so we may be genetically predisposed to gitttin only a mild case when we'uns git it. But we'uns is gunna to stay out of most public places while this all shakes out.

So beware; now everyone from Methzoorah should be approached as though they have a taint about them.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

“…now everyone from Methzoorah should be approached as though they have a taint about them.”

so, in a sense nothing has changed
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:58 am “…now everyone from Methzoorah should be approached as though they have a taint about them.”

so, in a sense nothing has changed
Actually it may be worser than before.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I get annoyed when hearing people say "you can still get it" or "you can still die" if vaccinated. That's actually what I hear most from apolitical people.

https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/status/ ... 70336?s=20

https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/status/ ... 36513?s=20
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:56 am We are about to find out what a pandemic free-for-all looks like in Methzoorah. Our AG in an attempt to be more Trumpy than his opponent for Boy Runt’s Senate seat, serial abuser Eric Greitens, has decided to go all in on covid denial and freedum. He has declared all mask ordinances in the State to be unconstitutional, same for vaccine mandates and no one is required to quarantine including school children in case of illness and some Counties have stopped keeping records of positive tests or doing any contact tracing.

Wee Ho! Freedum!

There is much celebratin in the Ozarks as they are now free to infect everyone as they please and git sick and becum herd immune while sippin ivermectin tea on the front porch and whittlin and askin momma "is the fried squirrels brains ready?".

The city folks have resisted and now Eric Schmidt is suing Columbia and soon KC and ST Louis schools to make some points with the grievance rube folks.

We’uns gots all our shots and none of them had any side effects so we may be genetically predisposed to gitttin only a mild case when we'uns git it. But we'uns is gunna to stay out of most public places while this all shakes out.

So beware; now everyone from Methzoorah should be approached as though they have a taint about them.
Mask requirements are about to be lifted at my kids' schools.

Missouri is making essentially the same mistake it's made before: it is zigging away from precaution when it's about to get zagged by Covid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

NFL is fast becoming a petridish. How many can be tracked back to Rodgers and the Jags?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

zsn wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:53 pm NFL is fast becoming a petridish. How many can be tracked back to Rodgers and the Jags?
Posted on the NFL board that the NBA and NHL have postponed games this week.
Will shock me if we don't see a bunch of NCAA Basketball games postponed/canceled in the next month.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.